Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software

Old 9th May 2022, 20:13   #1  |  Link
MalickT

Software for auto subtitle generator from audio

So..I have a Movie downloaded from streaming service but it has no subtitles and I could not find any subtitles for it online.
So I was thinking is there a software AI that would take the audio from the movie as input and transcript audio into text? .srt file for example. If it would be at least 80% accurate it would be great.

Is there any such software?
MalickT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2022, 20:27   #2  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

AWS Transcribe is what you're looking for. It can detect if multiple languages are spoken in the same movie and it can generate .srt subtitles from an audio track.
It's not a software, though, but rather a service in which you can upload the audio file and it will give you the transcript and subtitles back. It supports files as long as 4h and you can upload files directly from your browser.
It's not free, though, like everything offered by Amazon in the cloud you gotta pay for it.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2022, 23:12   #3  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalickT View Post
audio from the movie as input and transcript audio into text? .srt file for example. If it would be at least 80% accurate it would be great.

Is there any such software?
There are some Speech to Text engines, I doubt that they would be much of use in Soundtrack to Text scenario.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2022, 05:02   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
I doubt that they would be much of use in Soundtrack to Text scenario.
yep, too much background noise.
Quote:
at least 80% accurate it would be great.
Dream on. [in your average movie, 10% might be impressive - but maybe one day]

"Calling Macflono McFlooniloon":- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hl1-06gOo

(OK, involves speech to text and then back to speech again [but hinted via your contacts])

EDIT: you could try this with a little snippet [Google Speech to Text, trial only, the real thing costs]
https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text
Google have done wonders in spoken language translation [ie Android Google-Translate],
perhaps also good/best at speech to text in non ideal environment, ie not single person speaking directly into mic.
Is in the Cloud, so has the full power of Google Goblins trying to figure out whats being said.
(Pick a bit of audio that is not too silent in the background, or a bit varying)

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 11th May 2022 at 13:44.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2022, 20:00   #5  |  Link
PabloPablo

AWS Transcribe is a really good thing, but I'm not sure if you can find a small batch for creating subtitles for a single movie because it uses packages for a lot of data.
At a previous job, we used this program to convert conversations with clients and, as far as I remember, we had a minimum batch of 250,000 minutes
But this may not be accurate, maybe you should just make a support request, since I did not find information on the site about small batches
PabloPablo is offline   Reply With Quote