Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2010, 08:39   #41  |  Link
mel2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
Hmmm, that's really odd that it doesn't work for you. What version of windows are you using? Are you launching it from the exe?
I'm using Vista SP2 and launched AvsPmod from the exe (as administrator).
Old 19th March 2010, 11:16   #42  |  Link
shambles

i always wished that i could switch to fullscreen and hide the gui with avsp. i guess such a feature is out of scope but i'm not a programmer so i don't have any idea how hard it would be to implement.

just thought i'd throw it out there
Old 19th March 2010, 16:06   #43  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
i always wished that i could switch to fullscreen and hide the gui with avsp. i guess such a feature is out of scope but i'm not a programmer so i don't have any idea how hard it would be to implement.

just thought i'd throw it out there
Do you mean you would like the video to be fullscreen?
I think there are 2 things that you can do to sort of accomplish this right now.

1) Options > Program Settings > Video 1 > "Seperate Video Preview Window"
Then restart avsp and rightclick the preview, and choose Zoom > Fill window.
This isn't true fullscreen, as it will leave the title bar and the navigation controls onscreen. I believe it also just resizes the video with one of avisynth's resizers, which might be fairly processor-intensive.

2) Use a macro to define a secondary application to preview the video in. You can then set a shortcut to launch that macro. As it happens, there is already an example macro that shows you how to launch "mplayer" in fullscreen mode.
Old 19th March 2010, 18:26   #44  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Seems like a strange problem. Does it happen in avsp 2.0.2? What about other apps like virtualdub?
What exactly happens when it crashes? Is there an error message?
Well, it seems the problem only happens in avsp 2.0.2. I can't crash your version (I'm on win 7 ultimate x64). If it happens again, I'll report back to you. Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:50   #45  |  Link
XadoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by XadoX View Post
Better interaction between DGdecNV (in that case DGMultiSource) and AvsPmod.

While working with DGSource and the Cuvid-Server everything works fine. If I am using DGMultiSource instead AvsPmod often crashes.

Maybe its more a feature request for DGdecNV?
Added Screenshot:
Attached Images

Old 22nd March 2010, 16:28   #46  |  Link
Zarxrax

It looks like that error message is coming from the DGMultiSource plugin, rather than from AvsP, so you might want to check with the author of that plugin and see what he says.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:44   #47  |  Link

Other apps such as MEGUI, staxrip, etc., do not invoke this error. And since AvsP is written in Python (I believe) I will not be able to try to see what it is doing wrong.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:00   #48  |  Link
doc_dvxm
HD Encod3r

Hii there.... I am using AvsPmod 2.04 on Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit system and everything is fine

Can you add a shortcut key for "Save image as..." - Shift + anything or Ctrl + anything for example ??

Thanx for your great work and efforts during developing this wonderful tool..

Best Regards...
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:34   #49  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_dvxm View Post
Hii there.... I am using AvsPmod 2.04 on Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit system and everything is fine

Can you add a shortcut key for "Save image as..." - Shift + anything or Ctrl + anything for example ??

Thanx for your great work and efforts during developing this wonderful tool..

Best Regards...
You can already do this. Options>configure shortcuts
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:24   #50  |  Link
doc_dvxm
HD Encod3r

Quote:
You can already do this. Options>configure shortcuts

Cool Thank you!
Old 24th March 2010, 02:33   #51  |  Link
stax76

StaxRip works only with DGSource.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:41   #52  |  Link
shambles

Quote:
Do you mean you would like the video to be fullscreen?
I think there are 2 things that you can do to sort of accomplish this right now.
i need fullscreen when comparing encodes with interleave(). currently i open my scripts in mpchc but framestepping backwards and forwards is very slow and inconsistent so it's easier to do interleave(a,b,a,b,a,b,a,b,a,b) and only step forward. though it works pretty good it's still a far cry from the ease-of-use of avsp

i tried mplayer (smplayer gui) but it didn't even seem to have a step backward hotkey
Old 24th March 2010, 14:56   #53  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
i need fullscreen when comparing encodes with interleave(). currently i open my scripts in mpchc but framestepping backwards and forwards is very slow and inconsistent so it's easier to do interleave(a,b,a,b,a,b,a,b,a,b) and only step forward. though it works pretty good it's still a far cry from the ease-of-use of avsp

i tried mplayer (smplayer gui) but it didn't even seem to have a step backward hotkey
I'll check to see if there is any way to implement a fullscreen mode, but I suspect that it is either not possible, or very difficult to do.
Old 24th March 2010, 20:19   #54  |  Link
tin3tin

Quote:
i need fullscreen when comparing encodes with interleave()
Why don't you just use Video > Zoom > 100%(Normal) or higher and the use the scrollbars to locate the troublesome areas?
Old 25th March 2010, 03:06   #55  |  Link
levi

I'm getting an error "The current Avisynth script contains errors."

I think I figured out it's because it's not auto-loading all of my plugins directory. When I add:
Code:
import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins64\srestore.avsi")
it works. Can I specify the plugins dir somewhere?
Old 25th March 2010, 08:36   #56  |  Link
shambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin3tin View Post
Why don't you just use Video > Zoom > 100%(Normal) or higher and the use the scrollbars to locate the troublesome areas?
i compare the videos in normal viewing conditions, from normal viewing distance. it's difficult to see differences in dark areas when the gui is visible
Old 25th March 2010, 16:03   #57  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi View Post
I'm getting an error "The current Avisynth script contains errors."

I think I figured out it's because it's not auto-loading all of my plugins directory. When I add:
Code:
import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins64\srestore.avsi")
it works. Can I specify the plugins dir somewhere?
I haven't tried that version of avisynth that you are using yet, but I'm guessing you use 2 different plugins folders, right? Does it store both of them in the registry, or do you normally have to load that folder manually? I think I can probably add support for this.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:22   #58  |  Link
levi

Quote:
I haven't tried that version of avisynth that you are using yet, but I'm guessing you use 2 different plugins folders, right? Does it store both of them in the registry, or do you normally have to load that folder manually? I think I can probably add support for this.
Here's a snapshot:

Thanks for looking in to this
Old 1st April 2010, 05:04   #59  |  Link
levi

Quote:
- Removed outdated encoding gui from the tools menu
Just curious why you removed it. I use it for launching x264 & xvid encraw. I put the scripts from the non-mod version in & it works great.

Also, it would be great if the resize calculator window would show bits/(pixel*frame) as resize is adjusted to aid in choosing new resolution
Old 1st April 2010, 16:29   #60  |  Link
Zarxrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi View Post
Just curious why you removed it. I use it for launching x264 & xvid encraw. I put the scripts from the non-mod version in & it works great.

Also, it would be great if the resize calculator window would show bits/(pixel*frame) as resize is adjusted to aid in choosing new resolution
Eh, it still actually worked for x264? Someone in the old avsp thread said it didn't work anymore, and I'm fairly certain that all of the development in x264 in the past years has surely rendered it obsolete. I suppose it could still be ok for xvid though.
Looking over the plugin, it seems that it just generates some outdated commandlines. I suppose it could be updated fairly easily.
Can you explain more about this bits/(pixel*frame) thing that you want. I'm not really sure what this is.

Last edited by Zarxrax; 1st April 2010 at 16:38.
Closed Thread