Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 16th December 2009, 20:17   #1  |  Link
tendernip99

hidden options error

After watching a few online tutorials that included setting hidden options, and not just the advanced options, I keep getting an error when trying to set some of the hidden options.

The specific option I'm trying to set is the one labeled .deint (force deinterlacing when source detected as hybrid), but I keep getting an error that says Cannot create file "C:\PROGRA~2\autoGK\.detect43." Access is denied.

I tried to experiment with other options to see if I would get the same error. It turns out that all of the hidden options in the left column, that is from the option labeled "force cartoon mode" down, give me the same error as above. Conversely, the hidden options in the right column don't give me the said problem. I noticed that the options that are on by default are all on the right hand side of the page, but that is probably just by coincidence.

I understand that the hidden options shouldn't be used arbitrarily.
All of the encoding I've done so far with autogk has been without tweaking any of the hidden options. I normally just set the advanced options to my preference.

If someone knows what's causing the problem, please let me
know.

Thank you
tendernip99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 23:09   #2  |  Link
netmask

It sounds like a 'permissions' thing. Are you operating as the administrator? What operating system are you using? I had similar problems when I upgraded to Windows 7. I had to go to the folder containing AutoGK and grant permission to 'Everyone'
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 23:17   #3  |  Link
tendernip99

You were right. It was just a matter of running autogk with administrator rights, and that fixed the problem. Thanks.
tendernip99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 06:24   #4  |  Link
netmask

If others confirm this on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) then maybe consideration to posting this information in a sticky or faq?
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 16:56   #5  |  Link
JohnnyG66

Cannot Access Hidden Options

My desktop is Windows 7 64 bit. I have AutoGK installed and cannot access the hidden options using CTRL-F9. I do recall this working on my previous Windows XP desktop. I tried to Run As Administrator. No change. I verified Permissions to be Full Control for all users. No change. I then set the option to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP, and that did not work either. Maybe I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
JohnnyG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 18:02   #6  |  Link
kalehrl

Have you by any chance changed the keyboard to one of those wireless ones with different function buttons?
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote