Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 1st May 2014, 11:18   #1  |  Link
stormy1777

Gordian Knot 0.35 with NEWER DivX codec

I love GKnot 0.35 and used for many years using xvid, and DivX5. I now got divx10 installed (and divx5 removed).
The question is: Is there a way to make gknot work with divx10? I don't see the divx listed in the Program Path tab on the GUI. Under the Options in Gknot, the first/Nth pass buttons do not work, I'm guessing that is a compatibility issue.

So, if not Divx10, what is the latest known version to work w/gknot 0.35?

I love that tool, since it allows all the manual flexibility.

Thanks.

Stormy
stormy1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 21:28   #2  |  Link
numaios

It's late, I know, but if this might help someone...

The original DivX (MPEG-4 ASP) codec is no longer developed since DivX 7, so the codec's last version is DivX 6.8.5 or 6.9.2 (I'm not sure if they're basically the same). Since DivX 7, the changes were focused in improving DivX Converter with new profiles and features, the development of a MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) codec, and later a HEVC (H.265) codec.

Until the first versions of DivX 10, the DivX 6.9.2 codec was included in the installer. Later, since DivX Software 10.2 (2014) the codec wasn't included but a "DivX Codec pack" was available officially in divx.com. And finally, the codec pack was no longer officially available. Of course you can use the internal version of the codec if you use DivX Converter, when you select a DivX or DivX HD profile (not the DivX+ profiles, MP4 profiles for iPhone/iPad, or DivX HEVC profiles).

BUT if you want to use the VfW version of the codec, so you can use it with Gordian Knot 0.35.0, you can google for an old bundle of DivX 7, 8, 9 or 10 (prior to version 10.2) and install only the codec (to avoid uninstalling your DivX 10 already installed), or try to get a link for the DivX codec pack in DivX support forums (https://support.divx.com) searching for "DivX codec pack".

Last edited by numaios; 30th November 2017 at 21:47.
numaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2018, 07:31   #3  |  Link
DrPsyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy1777 View Post

I love GKnot 0.35 and used for many years using xvid, and DivX5. I now got divx10 installed (and divx5 removed).
The question is: Is there a way to make gknot work with divx10? I don't see the divx listed in dissertation service the Program Path tab on the GUI. Under the Options in Gknot, the first/Nth pass buttons do not work, I'm guessing that is a compatibility issue.

So, if not Divx10, what is the latest known version to work w/gknot 0.35?

I love that tool, since it allows all the manual flexibility.

Thanks.

Stormy
I've AutoGK 2.55 and it was great with the DivX, AVI, DV, XviD input. I've completed quite a lot of DVD transcodes with this AutoGK, but rarely (just perhaps once or twice) encountered any issues.
Now, though I have a problem with the external subtitles. Can't find anything, as the version is no longer updated and a few people still use a DVD player.
DrPsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2018, 17:02   #4  |  Link
numaios

What is exactly your problem with external subtitles?