Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 1st December 2012, 05:43   #4861  |  Link
jackoneill90

When I try to convert a video when it starts converting the video data the total time estimated keeps going up and it never finishes, anyone know how to fix this?
jackoneill90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 12:33   #4862  |  Link
datauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
I have used AutoGK lots of time with success in the last couple of years. Today, I tried it and VirtualDub gave a runtime error. I then uninstall and reinstall AutoGK and it seems working fine now.
You mean VirtualDubMod I assume! Fairuse wizard and AutoGK use the older version of Vdubmod quite effectively most of the time. Yet Staxrip uses the last version of VdubMod and I have had very minimal problems with it unlike quite a few audio synch issues with the older version which ships with both Fairuse and AutoGK. Probably due to some tricky/badly encoded dvd menu's with extras.

Either way, no program is perfect but AutoGK does a pretty good darn job of things and using one astute member's guide over at Doom10 you can encode mp4/mkv and extend this wonderful program's life.

Last edited by datauser; 1st December 2012 at 12:37.
datauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 00:04   #4863  |  Link
ausguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoneill90 View Post
When I try to convert a video when it starts converting the video data the total time estimated keeps going up and it never finishes, anyone know how to fix this?
had the same problem I firstly updated xvid to latest ver still the same error then updated vitualdub to latest ver still getting the error lastly I installed divx 5.2 and the error is gone
Aus
ausguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:19   #4864  |  Link
datauser

I always marvel at how AutoGK chooses the best resolution etc but occasionally errors or bad results occur. AutoGK chose a resolution of 608x256 (2.375) and the results were awful(compression artifacts, blurring or fuzziness of facial detail yet pixel ratio was great. I chose a much higher 672x288(2.35) same size 700mb, and the differences were startingly better. Now do we blame AutoGK?? No, because the actual reason probably was that the material was very difficult to compress despite getting an initial compression test of 63% using auto aspect.

Now my question to more experienced users: I always use ESS, if I do not, does it mean that I can tweak the xvid codec or does AutoGK still use its own parameters? Thankyou.
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:47   #4865  |  Link
manono

No, you can't tweak (outside of what's in the Hidden Options). If you want to tweak do it manually. Are those two results from the same source? I didn't quite understand.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:00   #4866  |  Link
datauser

Those results were from the same source. Got mosquito noise??? from AutoGK's first resolution from test, and I increased the resolution 2nd time(without bitrate increase) and removed it.

Thankyou for info on codec/hidden options.

Last edited by datauser; 29th March 2013 at 16:39.
Old 1st September 2018, 12:00   #4867  |  Link
kdantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by datauser View Post
Interesting analysis. Here's the link for portable version if interested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xjzxjnmvnwj
kdantas is offline   Reply With Quote