Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 17th September 2014, 19:30   #1  |  Link
fusa

shortcut keys no longer work

The shortcut keys (Ctrl-S, Ctrl F9, etc)Auto Gordian Knot have stopped working for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also run the program as administrator. I have also disabled antivirus programs. The biggest problem now is that I am no longer able to access the Hidden Options section. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or how this has happened? I am using Windows 7 64bit. I have used the program for several years without much problem until recently.
fusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 21:57   #2  |  Link
Groucho2004

Did you install anything that can modify global shortcut keys?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 07:00   #3  |  Link
fusa

No. Shortcut keys work fine for Firefox and as far as I know other programs.
Old 18th September 2014, 13:55   #4  |  Link
kalehrl

Does your keyboard have a key to disable shortcut keys?
On my microsoft keyboard with German layout I had the same issue and I had to press F Umsch key.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 21:05   #5  |  Link
fusa

No, The only key I can disable is the windows key. Function and Ctrl work for other programs.
Old 19th September 2014, 22:30   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Have a look here, it might help.
http://superuser.com/questions/26824...the-start-menu

EDIT: This one here helped me find out what was using some keys, depite having read that windows does not offer that functionality.
(It (Windows) can tell you what keys are in-use but not by which program)
http://www.zealsoftstudio.com/shortcuts/

EDIT: Have just made a request for such a utility to this site: http://www.nirsoft.net/
Nirsoft have a great collection of utils, but be aware that some of their utilities give Antivirus type programs a fit, and will
probably tell you that someone is trying to steal your passwords or such things. Nirsoft provide tools for eg password recovery
and if you chose to download it for that purpose, then dont be surprised when an AV type program points this out.
I have every util that this guy offers and give my AV orders not to interfere with them.

EDIT: Nirsoft utils are every bit as good as SysInternals utils, which Microsoft bought out. Have just looked at SysInternals, dont see anything that immediately stands out as giving Shortcut keys info, but downloaded the lot as I have not done so for some time. Here they are: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/s...rnals/bb795535

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 19th September 2014 at 23:36.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 09:21   #7  |  Link
fusa

i didn't find any shortcut keys that conflicted with Auto Gordian Knot. Also short cut keys work with other programs, it is just Auto Gordian Knot that has completely quit recognizing ALL shortcut keys. Ctrl-S works fine to save a file in Paint.net but does nothing in Auto Gordian Knot. I really have no idea what is causing this.