Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 31st March 2009, 17:21   #241  |  Link
jgawera

Erm, that would help if I had quoted the right post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgawera View Post
Excellent, can't wait for the batch processing. I've been waiting for this before I attempt to encode my TV episode DVDs

I'd also like to remind you of a couple of ideas I had which would speed up the process for people that are encoding a lot. My ideas basically don't require the user to keep coming back to the PC after each stage.

pgc.net should allow a batch facility to rip multiple pgcs from multiple DVDs (or DVD folders on the hard drive). For example, I copy all 6 DVDs of the Sopranos series 1 to my hard drive, I then want to add all 13 episodes to the pgc.net list and hit go. Leave it for a while and let it do it's thing.

Index.net should have the option to also index subtitles. That way I can add all 13 episodes of sopranos to index.net, leave it to do it's thing and then the process of adding to avi.net is much quicker. I don't have to wait 13x3 mins for each episode to index the subs.

And then the obvious next step to these is to combine pgc.net and index.net so that I select the 13 pgcs from the 6 dvds on my hard drive. For each pgc, it rips, indexes, and indexes subs. So now I create my list, hit go, and when I come back, everything is ready for a quick avi.net session and then hit go again.

Thanks for the great app, keep it up.

J
jgawera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 11:43   #242  |  Link
gt13013

Hi,

Just an information, in case you are not aware of that problem.

Trying to reinstall all the software, I get that problem: after downloading clone.AD.pak1.zip from RapidShare (and "Free user"), I was not able to dowload clone.AD.pak2.zip. I got the message "You have reached the download limit for free-users".
I had to wait a great bit of time in order to be able to get the second package.

Gerard
gt13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 09:18   #243  |  Link
gt13013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
Try this... Type RUN into the search field on the bottom of the start menu. once it finds it click its icon it should open a box Put this command into that box. "regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\vbscript.dll" with out the ""'s.. Then try your install again..
I tried again today, and your suggestion solves completely my installation problem with version 2.5.8.5:
"Installation ended prematurely because of an error".

Thanks!
gt13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 20:29   #244  |  Link
weaver4

Does AVI.net support XviD's VAQ now? I noticed you are using the version that supports VAQ, but does avi.net enable it?
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 23:32   #245  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt13013 View Post
I tried again today, and your suggestion solves completely my installation problem with version 2.5.8.5:
"Installation ended prematurely because of an error".

Thanks!
You are very welcome.
Old 19th June 2009, 08:51   #246  |  Link
jgawera

Hi,
I've been using avi.net recently to rip some episode DVDs (could really use that extra batching functionality)

In these particular DVDs, all 4 episodes on the disk are under the same VTS number in pgc.net. (VTS_03) on the one i'm looking at now.
When I rip the first episode, I get two files:
VTS_03_PGC_01_0.IFO
VTS_03_PGC_01_1.VOB
For ripped the next episode to the same directory.
this gives me one new file
VTS_03_PGC_02_1.VOB

I'm not sure what determines if there should be an IFO file or not. However, when it comes to extracting subs for these files, it looks like the ifo is needed. In my case, I only got the option of extracting subs for the first episode of each DVD.

I've done a bit of searching and found that I can run VobSub Configure and rip the subs from the original DVD by hand.
If I had ripped each episode to a separate directory, I think I would have been fine.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea on a quick way to rip subs for all episodes that would be great.

As ever, Thanks for the great apps.
Old 24th June 2009, 21:41   #247  |  Link
Bradskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgawera View Post
Hi,
I've been using avi.net recently to rip some episode DVDs (could really use that extra batching functionality)

In these particular DVDs, all 4 episodes on the disk are under the same VTS number in pgc.net. (VTS_03) on the one i'm looking at now.
When I rip the first episode, I get two files:
VTS_03_PGC_01_0.IFO
VTS_03_PGC_01_1.VOB
For ripped the next episode to the same directory.
this gives me one new file
VTS_03_PGC_02_1.VOB

I'm not sure what determines if there should be an IFO file or not. However, when it comes to extracting subs for these files, it looks like the ifo is needed. In my case, I only got the option of extracting subs for the first episode of each DVD.

I've done a bit of searching and found that I can run VobSub Configure and rip the subs from the original DVD by hand.
If I had ripped each episode to a separate directory, I think I would have been fine.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea on a quick way to rip subs for all episodes that would be great.

As ever, Thanks for the great apps.
I don't have a solution for you as I don't really mess with subs, but it appears the tool creates one IFO per VTS folder, ie the first number in your VTS entry - "VTS_03_...", when that differs you'll get different IFO's in the same directory. I'm sure you're correct that ripping to diff folders will work too -- I wonder if the IFO generated would be different at all though, could it possibly be renamed/edited and reused for all the other VOB files? I don't know myself, just throwing that out there. Maybe a simple tool/script could be written to take the first IFO and recreate one for all the other VOBs from the same VTS folder. Just thinking out loud here.
Bradskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 08:03   #248  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

undersized VAQ encodings

Maybe it is a dumb question but why VAQ encodings (2-pass) are soooo undersized? I installed XviD 1.22 compiled by alexins (downloaded from here http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/view/774/1/) and all 2-pass encodings are terribly undersized.
I made a test with "The Killing Fields" and the video stream is around five times smaller than the non VAQ (both settings - 2040 megabytes, 2-pass).
Przemek_Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 21:21   #249  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_Sperling View Post
Maybe it is a dumb question but why VAQ encodings (2-pass) are soooo undersized? I installed XviD 1.22 compiled by alexins (downloaded from here http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/view/774/1/) and all 2-pass encodings are terribly undersized.
I made a test with "The Killing Fields" and the video stream is around five times smaller than the non VAQ (both settings - 2040 megabytes, 2-pass).
CLUE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(from first post)
"As always, use the recommended codec versions - other versions may not work correctly!"
The Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 05:09   #250  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

OK. Just wondering because FairUse Wizard gives correct results with the same codec.
Old 5th July 2009, 23:25   #251  |  Link
human75

hi guys.recently i installed windows 7.after that avi.net stoped working.it gives this error message
"Windows MCI cannot open file So cannot continue.This is a windows problem not an Avi.net problem"..
how can fix this problem.please help.thanks
human75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 07:33   #252  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

Advanced Encoding Mode (HQ)

Maybe the question is dumb. I have googled pretty much lately but I cannot find an explanation what the mode (HQ) actually does. Can anyone explain it to me?
Old 5th August 2009, 11:31   #253  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Thanks for the new version 2.6

Any chance of changelogs for the recent versions?
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:27   #254  |  Link
The Scientist

First post updated.
Old 12th August 2009, 20:08   #255  |  Link
vukodlak75

Great to see this updated, thanks.
You race towards an early grave."
vukodlak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 20:21   #256  |  Link
The Scientist

avi.NET updated, see first post.
Old 19th January 2010, 15:10   #257  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Thanks for the update

Any plans to support h264 in future versions with the same philosophy that this program has (SAP compatability)?
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 18:18   #258  |  Link
The Scientist

I hope so
Old 21st January 2010, 19:53   #259  |  Link
vukodlak75

OK, I updated and the option to index subtitles is disabled (not able to click the drop down). Anyone else?

edit: I reverted to v2.6.5 and am able to index subtitles.
You race towards an early grave."

Last edited by vukodlak75; 21st January 2010 at 19:58.
vukodlak75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:15   #260  |  Link
jgawera

Thanks for the new version, looks good.

I have the greyed out subtitle combo aswell. But didn't think much to it as the DVD i've encoded doesn't have subtitles.

I'll try a different DVD later and see what happens.