Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV

Old 6th May 2023, 21:06   #1  |  Link
cypher007

best way to capture DV and analogue?

currently im using an old DV camcorder and firewire card as a capture device from an svhs deck to pc.

is there a better way to capture these old tapes? and maybe some newer software as i think im using windv at the moment.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2023, 21:58   #2  |  Link
lollo2

A better way is to capture your analog S-VHS/VHS tapes in YUV 4:2:2, 8bit, lossless (HuffYUV or similar), using a specific analog capture card.

AmarecTV is the best analog capture software.
Old 3rd August 2023, 12:19   #3  |  Link
Orikson

If you are familiar with the german language or you can get it done with a translator, there is a great tutorial: https://gleitz.info/forum/index.php?...en-und-andere/

I personally am using a Canopus Edius NX PCIe card, as this specific card has a ProcAmp on board which might be usefull for some tapes.

Before that, I also used a digital8 camcorder which was connected via firewire. The quality was absolute crap, compared to the method in the link
Orikson is offline   Reply With Quote