Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th May 2020, 23:55   #1  |  Link
catch

convert always-on menu into pop-up menu after authoring?

Hello, I’ld like to know if this is possible (sorry for my english):

Bluray:

a) One top menu with 00000.m2ts file for background image and music + 00001.m2ts file (Sub TS for interactive graphics menu, out-of-mux, use subpath)

b) One title with the movie (00002.m2ts). Without pop-up menu

If I edit the playlist that plays the movie, adding to it 1 IG + 1 subpath (that uses the same 00001.m2ts menu file from the top menu), the pop-up menu doesn’t desappear, and some user operations became unavailable (popup menu button, change audio or subtitle with the remote button…)

I’ve learned from the web this behaviour is caused because the 00001.m2ts menu file used for a top menu is an always-on menu.

Could it be possible to convert an always-on menu into a pop-up menu editing the 00001.m2ts file with a hex editor or any other tool?

Thank you
catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2020, 09:36   #2  |  Link
catch

If someone uses scenarist bd (or other authoring tool) and could make a simple Project with 1 top menu (always-on menu with 1 page-1 BOG-1 button-1 command) and 1 title (a short clip: logo, trailer…) with THE SAME EXACT MENU, but this time marked as pop-up menu. Then, upload this bluray project to the cloud so I could compare the two m2ts menú files byte by byte, it would be very useful for me too. Thank you.
Old 15th May 2020, 15:31   #3  |  Link
catch

I think I've found myself:

Offset 810 within a m2ts menu file

80= always-on menu

c0= pop-up menu