Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 7th May 2020, 19:12   #18521  |  Link
AmaZim20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
I don't understand why you are showing this info, what difference does this make to the playback of the movie file ?...it doesn't show it by default !!

Maybe you could try VLC or Potplayer.
It doesn't make any difference.
it was just a small aesthetic issue.

Nevermind then.

(But it would have been nice to hear Atak_Snajpera's opinion on this)
AmaZim20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2020, 22:49   #18522  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Another minor feature request for consideration: Right-click on a job -> Duplicate Job.

Rationale: I often need to do several encodes of the same source using different settings. I do it to compare quality, but others do HEVC and non-HEVC versions or size-limited (4gb DVD)and CQ (12gb HDD backup) versions for example. Adding a duplicate job for the same source can take a while (demuxing, subs, etc.) It would be much easier to be able to duplicate the first job with all the subtitles, names and other settings, and just tweak the one or two values you want to change.
When you finish the job you can edit the settings and re-run it
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2020, 01:57   #18523  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaZim20 View Post
It doesn't make any difference.
it was just a small aesthetic issue.

Nevermind then.

(But it would have been nice to hear Atak_Snajpera's opinion on this)
Well, that's the thing here, some times he will respond, some times he won't.

You never know, he just might leave a comment...
Old 8th May 2020, 01:59   #18524  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Hey slalom, wow, you beat me to the punch...that IS exactly what I was going to suggest

Too easy !!
Old 11th May 2020, 12:50   #18525  |  Link
SKPN

Unable to connect to any encoding clients

I'm having a very strange issue that just started last night.

Any time I try to encode anything now, neither of my two encoding clients can connect, so the video is never encoded. Even the computer that is running the main app and creating the job is not connecting.

I know in previous versions, if there was a connection error, I would get a small yellow warning icon in the encoding client window, but that is not happening. I also have been unable to find any error logs or anything that might explain why it is no longer connecting. Nothing changed with my settings or network between when it was working yesterday morning and last night.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 743
Size:  85.7 KB
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 19:17   #18526  |  Link
jfisher1740

+1 on DE issues.

Below is what I am seeing from the TCP communication on the Encoding Server. It repeats endlessly and the Encoding Client is stuck on "Initializing encoding process..." This is true to local and remote machines.

143|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_PROGRESS=192.168.4.80:1000 -> Initializing encoding process...;CHUNK=6;CPU=0;RAM=21;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=0;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
144|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
145|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=belownormal;
146|CLIENT <- SERVER| OK
147|CLIENT <- SERVER| ENCODING_PROGRESS=192.168.4.80:1000 -> Initializing encoding process...;CHUNK=6;CPU=0;RAM=21;DECODER=0;ENCODER=0;OTHER=0;ENCODING_PRIORITY=normal;
148|CLIENT -> SERVER| OK
149|CLIENT -> SERVER| GET_ENCODING_PROGRESS;SET_ENCODING_PRIORITY=belownormal;
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 20:19   #18527  |  Link
colinhunt

@Atak_Snajpera Any chance RipBot could work with image sequences, like for example 6000 TIF files named sequentially?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 23:03   #18528  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann
Another minor feature request for consideration: Right-click on a job -> Duplicate Job.

Rationale: I often need to do several encodes of the same source using different settings. I do it to compare quality, but others do HEVC and non-HEVC versions or size-limited (4gb DVD)and CQ (12gb HDD backup) versions for example. Adding a duplicate job for the same source can take a while (demuxing, subs, etc.) It would be much easier to be able to duplicate the first job with all the subtitles, names and other settings, and just tweak the one or two values you want to change.
Um, thanks for the suggestion but running jobs one by one and waiting for a job to finish in order to restart it with different settings... I guess it's a good advice for occasional encoding, but it's definitely not a solution for those of us who routinely run multiple jobs in a batch. A better a workaround involves copying the job's folder and auto-renaming all the job entries, but it's almost as cumbersome as re-adding same source as another job.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2020, 20:47   #18529  |  Link
slalom

If you have 5 videos to encode to get 10 different videos (2 for each), you can start the first 5 and later edit them while encoding. I don't see the problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
I'm having a very strange issue that just started last night.

Any time I try to encode anything now, neither of my two encoding clients can connect, so the video is never encoded. Even the computer that is running the main app and creating the job is not connecting.

I know in previous versions, if there was a connection error, I would get a small yellow warning icon in the encoding client window, but that is not happening. I also have been unable to find any error logs or anything that might explain why it is no longer connecting. Nothing changed with my settings or network between when it was working yesterday morning and last night.
Previous page
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Known issue. Some software running in background is blocking encodingserver.exe. Try tuning encodingserver.exe in Safe mode.
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 12:24   #18530  |  Link
cypher007

is there any way to pause encoding? or to have timed periods where it encodes and doesnt encode?

im asking as i have solar and this feature would be really useful for when im doing 4K stuff that takes 40hrs.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 13:34   #18531  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post
is there any way to pause encoding? or to have timed periods where it encodes and doesnt encode?

im asking as i have solar and this feature would be really useful for when im doing 4K stuff that takes 40hrs.
suspend ffmpeg.exe or x264_x64.exe or x265_x64.exe process. You could automate this task using Task Scheduler in Windows.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/pssuspend

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 16th May 2020 at 14:42.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2020, 14:30   #18532  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post

Hey cypher007, I feel your pain...

Are you using distributed encoding ??

You can stop DE any time you need, and 99 times out of a 100, it will resume from the last completed chunks, from the previous encoding "session".

I have taken up to 4 days (day time only) to encode some 4K jobs, by stopping (aborting) DE.

I too have solar, and I only encode during the day (if it's sunny), NOTHING after the sun goes down.

But seriously, 40 hours !!!!, what cpu's are you running ??

Atak's suggestion sounds interesting, but DE is a good one to get a handle on.
Old 17th May 2020, 08:27   #18533  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
suspend ffmpeg.exe or x264_x64.exe or x265_x64.exe process. You could automate this task using Task Scheduler in Windows.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/pssuspend
This appears to be command line type process....arrgh

However, IF it was implemented, and you were NOT using DE, and you paused the encode by suspending those 3 executable's, would it then resume from where you paused it ???

Mind you, I doubt that you could then "back out" of RB, during this paused time, and expect it to resume again, when you restart RB.

Like I said in my previous post, at least there is a VERY, VERY good chance of resumption, when you abort the encode when using DE, starting from the last completed chunk.

So, I have to ask, how difficult would it be for you to implement a pause / suspend function, using the info the you kindly posted, as a feature of RB, keeping it within the program, and directly accessing the 3 executable's that need to be paused.

Just sayin'
Old 17th May 2020, 12:56   #18534  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

In practice you just need to suspend ffmpeg.exe (frame serving process). X264/x265 will pause as well beacuse IT will be waiting for new frames from ffmpeg.exe process. If you do not like commandline tool then use process hacker or process Explorer.
Old 17th May 2020, 13:18   #18535  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
In practice you just need to suspend ffmpeg.exe (frame serving process). X264/x265 will pause as well because IT will be waiting for new frames from ffmpeg.exe process. If you do not like commandline tool then use process hacker or process Explorer.
OK, well that's even sounds easier, but like I mentioned before, if a non DE encode was paused, would it resume at a later stage, providing that RB isn't closed in the mean time ??

You're right, I don't feel too comfortable with command line tool's, and it also seems to me that it could be done within RB fairly easily, by yourself.

Personally, I doubt that I would use it, as 99% of my encoding is with DE, and that it fairly manageable, in this respect.

Just another possible addition to the control of RB, that's all.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 17th May 2020 at 13:20.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2020, 13:42   #18536  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Yes it will resume. Just check yourself.
Old 18th May 2020, 20:06   #18537  |  Link
GZZ

When I "pause" the DE process, I just disconnect the servers when they have finished a chunck and when all servers are disconnected I stop the the encoding. Then I can resume it later.

It could be nice to have a button to cancel and wait for chunks to finish.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2020, 00:57   #18538  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
When I "pause" the DE process, I just disconnect the servers when they have finished a chunck and when all servers are disconnected I stop the the encoding. Then I can resume it later.

It could be nice to have a button to cancel and wait for chunks to finish.
Yep, that's exactly how to do it.

As I haven't used RB for several months now, I'm a bit rusty on the function of those (Suspend Jobless Server, & Shutdown Server in IDLE State) "button's" in Encoding Server do...but I'm pretty sure they can't stop at the completion of a chunk. And there are no options for the main client (other that the 2 options on the main RB screen)

It would be great to have that option, with more of us doing 4K encodes that can take a long time, and don't want to just leave the pc(s) going until they're completed (energy conservation).

I'm confident that Atak could easily implement some more control functions into RB, but does he want to ...that's the question.
Old 21st May 2020, 02:27   #18539  |  Link
aicjofs

I probably haven't posted in over a decade but wanted to share another app the causes the EncodingServer.exe being blocked.

In my case it was AUEPUF.exe. Which is AMD user experience feedback. If you disable(leave the program) the feedback then the block is gone.

At least in Win10 go to the details tab in task manager and find encodingserver.exe and right click and select analyze wait chain. This usually will tell you what the Encoding Server is being blocked by.
aicjofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 05:22   #18540  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
If you have 5 videos to encode to get 10 different videos (2 for each), you can start the first 5 and later edit them while encoding. I don't see the problem
Sounds more like "not my problem". Your hypothetical scenario is not even remotely similar to the one I use (and even then, wouldn't it still be much more convenient to set up all ten jobs at once?), but thanks again for your feedback.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360