Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2016, 08:39   #2521  |  Link
vcmohan

Some help needed. I tried on my laptop windows 10 home edition to place in the system32 and systemwow64 folders the avisynth dll from the avisynthplus latest build. Both folders I got error messages from 7zip by which I am trying to extract. I tried deleting the older version manually, ( it disappeared from view alright) but 7zip still finds it and asks me whether I should replace. After yes, it again gives error. Now I do not find the older avisynth.dll in the system32 folder even if I search for it, but 7zip always finds the old one. What should I do?
In the zip file there are devil.dll in folders named system. Are these to be placed in plugins folders?
Old 29th October 2016, 09:18   #2522  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Your confusion sounds like those of 64 bit system files being shadowed from 32-bit applications.

If you use a 32-bit 7-zip, it can only access the SysWOW64 folder, which is camouflaged as system32 for all 32-bit applications. Are you sure you use a 64-bit 7-zip?

There are file managers which do not depend as much on the result of Windows system calls, but prefer showing the disk content as it is stored. Also they support privilege escalation if required to overwrite UAC protected files. Being old enough to have used the Norton Commander long ago, I enjoy the Far manager v3.0 in 64 bit in these days. It supports many archive formats internally, like a sub-directory, including 7-zip. And in addition, the 7-zip "extra" pack even provides an always up-to-date Far plugin.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 29th October 2016, 10:11   #2523  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
I took a look at resample.cpp. The biggest change you could make that would improve performance is to combine FilteredResizeH and FilteredResizeV into a FilteredResize2D wrapper.
When i take a look at the 1rst (or original) version of the code, there was only the resizev (if i remember properly). It took me a while to understand the "why", until i realise that it was just a trick, to handle the same way interleaved standard (RGB24, YUYV for exemple) than you process planar mode, without the need to change/convert them.
Because if horizontaly the pixel may not be "related" according the format, they are always verticaly.
But i agree that for planar modes probably improvements are possible.
Don't forget that a lot of planar mode has been added since the original, so the choice of vertical only at the time may not have been a so bad idea.
The actual situation is a progressive evolution from the original situation, not a rewrite from scratch.
Old 29th October 2016, 14:30   #2524  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
...You could also just link in z.lib into your project instead of writing it all again.
+1, it'll be nice if we had the zimg for AviSynth+. I know you've mentioned this before but you have a weird tendency of deleting your post .
Old 30th October 2016, 11:42   #2525  |  Link
bilditup1

Now that there's a new build out - does anybody know if DGIndex is working again?

Last edited by bilditup1; 30th October 2016 at 11:47.
Old 30th October 2016, 12:13   #2526  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post
Now that there's a new build out - does anybody know if DGIndex is working again?
I assume that you mean dgdecode, dgindex doesn't use Avisynth. Why don't you just try it?
Old 30th October 2016, 14:42   #2527  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post
Ultim went on break right after you reported this issue so I don't think he fix it. However, pinterf did submit a similar issue with a hotfix. Like Groucho2004 suggested, try it out, see if it works and report back .

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 30th October 2016 at 15:14. Reason: typo
Old 30th October 2016, 18:27   #2528  |  Link
Groucho2004

Old 30th October 2016, 19:11   #2529  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

Groucho2004. the installer install the plugins dlls in root of C:/

https://sl1pkn07.wtf/paste/view/0bc0fb36
Old 30th October 2016, 19:21   #2530  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
Groucho2004. the installer install the plugins dlls in root of C:/
I can't reproduce that. I tested on XP32 and XP64. All good.
Old 30th October 2016, 19:26   #2531  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

win7 here

EDIT: false alarm. uninstall the old (by uninstaller) and reinstall the new, solve the problem

greetings

Last edited by sl1pkn07; 30th October 2016 at 20:35.
Old 30th October 2016, 20:03   #2532  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Hate to be that guy but latest release is r2294.

Edit: ↓ ↓ ↓ Thanks Groucho.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 30th October 2016 at 21:23.
Old 30th October 2016, 21:09   #2533  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Hate to be that guy but latest release is r2294.
Sorry, here is r2294:

Last edited by Groucho2004; 30th October 2016 at 21:15.
Old 31st October 2016, 00:53   #2534  |  Link
bilditup1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Ultim went on break right after you reported this issue so I don't think he fix it. However, pinterf did submit a similar issue with a hotfix. Like Groucho2004 suggested, try it out, see if it works and report back .
Yeah I noticed he'd gone on hiatus but before that in his followup to me ultim said he would take care of it 'by the weekend' so I was hoping that that happened, and was basically just waiting for someone to make a new build as I don't want to try building myself, heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I assume that you mean dgdecode, dgindex doesn't use Avisynth. Why don't you just try it?
Yessiree, DGDecode. And you guys are right, I should have just tried it myself. So: I'm happy to report that DGDecode now works in MT, both your build and neuron2's

TDecimate() in MT is still out of commission though - results in "TDecimate: major internal error. Please report this to tritical ASAP!" or "TDecimate: internal error during prebuffering" error messages. I just tried going back to r2172 and seeing what happens, and it's weird: last time I tried to use TDecimate() with MT, it threw basically the same errors as it does now. But this time using r2172, it ends up throwing the "Only a single prefetcher is allowed per script" error even if TDecimate() is commented out and only TFM() is called (using DGDecodeIM as source filter, of course). Not sure what accounts for this, I thought maybe I switched TIVTC builds or something (between tritical's and groucho2004's) but that wasn't it. So perhaps this is still progress, of sorts, as at least TFM() runs without the 'single prefetcher' error in r2294. In any case, yeah, TDecimate() is still out for MT as of now.
Old 1st November 2016, 21:19   #2535  |  Link
pinterf

I was so annoyed on missing array type variables and function parameters in Avisynth, that I had to experiment a bit.

I don't know if it breaks anything but I had to try that.
Treat it as my fun part of the work. If you say that nobody will use it, I leave it out. If it breaks plugin compatibility, I will also undo it. Still have to work on it.

This is already working:
  • defining Array expressions
    (not nice, [] would be o.k. but I'm glad I could get it work this way
  • Array nesting
  • Access by index 0..ArraySize-1
  • Access by Name
  • use arrays in function parameters (like my colors parameter in BlankClip)

Code:
clip=clip.ConvertBits(16)

black_yuv_16 = Array(    0,32768,32768)
white_yuv_16 = Array(65535,32768,32768)
aSelectColors = Array(Array("black", black_yuv_16), Array("white", white_yuv_16))

test_array2 = Array(99, 1.0, "this is a string") # mixed types
test_array = test_array2
n = ArraySize(test_array) # 3
clip = clip.SubTitle("Array size = " + String(n) +\
 " [0]=" + String(ArrayGet(test_array,0)) + \
 " [1]=" + String(ArrayGet(test_array,1)) + \
 " [2]=" + ArrayGet(test_array,2))

black=blankClip(clip, length=1, colors = ArrayGet(aSelectColors,"black")) # value lookup by name
white=blankClip(clip, length=1, colors = aSelectColors.ArrayGet("white")) # value lookup by name, another syntax
#white=blankClip(clip, length=1, colors = Array(65535,32768,32768)) # or direct array
Opinions?
Old 1st November 2016, 22:01   #2536  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I sure hope that you can get the arrays working without problems, Avisynth+/Standard are in dire need of built-in arrays. Good Luck.

Edit: string memory garbage collection really needs some attention too. Would still though have to comply with current SaveString (or whatever its called), only new plugs could use some alternative function to alloc mem and give [EDIT: total] ownership to avisynth.
Mobile.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd November 2016 at 01:55.
Old 2nd November 2016, 00:51   #2537  |  Link
pinterf

Does Avisynth have problems with strings?
Old 2nd November 2016, 01:11   #2538  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

String memory is only released when avisynth closes down. Strings allocated in functions (local) survive until 'the end', I was personally shocked when I discovered how greedy avisynth is on string memory.
Mobile.

Edit: scriptclip can be terribly wastefull.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd November 2016 at 01:46.
Old 2nd November 2016, 01:17   #2539  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
use arrays in function parameters (like my colors parameter in BlankClip)
What about arrays as parameters to user-written functions?
This would require introduction of a new type-identifier (eg 'array') to rank alongside 'clip', 'int', 'float', etc in the function definition.

Overall, your idea seems like a good one, but careful thought (which I haven't yet had time for) is required to ensure that it doesn't break anything or introduce language inconsistencies of some kind.
Old 2nd November 2016, 01:49   #2540  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Ooooow, pinterf and the big G, both considering type Array, you guys got me excited

Closed Thread