Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 4th April 2017, 23:30   #43221  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitech View Post
for me the latest Dmitrirender is way miles ahead of SVP in terms of quality and motion way more smooth, the only cons i see is that you have to buy it to keep it
$11.00 is very much cost, how does it differ to SVP and is it alot better? Can it play content @60?
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 01:15   #43222  |  Link
digitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
$11.00 is very much cost, how does it differ to SVP and is it alot better? Can it play content @60?
You can try it for free for one month, thats what im doing, and i really want to buy it, its expensive buy i think it worth it
digitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 01:17   #43223  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

will it work with JRiver?
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 02:39   #43224  |  Link
digitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
will it work with JRiver?
i think its only compatible with MPC
Old 5th April 2017, 04:03   #43225  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
for me the latest Dmitrirender is way miles ahead of SVP in terms of quality and motion way more smooth, the only cons i see is that you have to buy it to keep it
Given the cost of a computer to actually use it and enjoy it, the cost of every movie DVD / Blu Ray, 11$ is not that expensive.

On the other hand, if they offer a lifetime licence for that money, that also covers future updates, it makes it so much better of a deal.

I'll throw an eye over it and report back
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 04:08   #43226  |  Link
bcec

What level of NNEDI3 neurons does NGU-AA roughly corresponds to in terms of image quality? For instance, NGU-AA (very high) ~= NNEDI3 256? NGU-AA (high) ~= NNEDI3 128? etc
bcec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 04:19   #43227  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Tried it, Dmtri render results in green screen as long as it is turned on... No idea why. Is it compatible with madVR?

I would consider it only if they work together ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcec View Post
What level of NNEDI3 neurons does NGU-AA roughly corresponds to in terms of image quality? For instance, NGU-AA (very high) ~= NNEDI3 256? NGU-AA (high) ~= NNEDI3 128? etc
No exact idea, but I notice very few differences above 32 Neurons. Maybe my content is not sharp or detailed enough for me to notice the differences, but cannot tell. NGU around -AA high looks very good to me, cannot say what is its equivalent in Neurons, but it looks nice
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 17:49   #43228  |  Link
digitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgel View Post
Tried it, Dmtri render results in green screen as long as it is turned on... No idea why. Is it compatible with madVR?

I would consider it only if they work together ^^
Of course it works with MadVr that's why i posted that im using it, on first install Dmitrirender disabled MadVR and used the MPC default render, i just changed back to MadVR and all was working again
Old 5th April 2017, 17:59   #43229  |  Link
ashlar42

Sorry for the offtopic but these solutions, SVP or dmitriRender, don't they just offer something similar to the "soap opera" effect that you can see on TV with motion interpolation?
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 18:07   #43230  |  Link
Q-the-STORM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
Sorry for the offtopic but these solutions, SVP or dmitriRender, don't they just offer something similar to the "soap opera" effect that you can see on TV with motion interpolation?
That's exactly what they do, they do frame interpolation, like TVs...
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 18:56   #43231  |  Link
StinDaWg

Quote:
Reviews don't seem too hot...
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170950
StinDaWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 19:01   #43232  |  Link
strumf666

Latest post in that thread is over 2 years old...
strumf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 19:11   #43233  |  Link
digitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
That's a very old version reviewed (from 2014), the last one is 3.0.0.1, im trying the free version right now and have no complains, just the message that appears from now and then, but it will be no longer once i buy it, maybe you should try it and see if it fits your needs.
That's my last post about Dmitrirender so we can go back on topic
Old 5th April 2017, 19:13   #43234  |  Link
Q-the-STORM

Quote:
That's a very old version reviewed (from 2014), the last one is 3.0.0.1
The 3.0.0.1 update is from 2015, while SVP's last update was today... Don't think many people will buy software that basically is abandonware...
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 23:30   #43235  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
Don't think many people will buy software that basically is abandonware...
OT discussion over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcec View Post
Comparable like that for the most part, depends on what you're looking for, with some content you won't see much of a difference. Since I use mine for anime it's about natural appearance of low resolution aliased lines.
I quite like the high or very high settings with extra sharpness, not a fan of the low setting but hey it does run real time on low end integrated graphics.. Try doing that with NNEDI3.

I wouldn't rule out Super-XBR from the game either.

Last edited by ryrynz; 5th April 2017 at 23:37.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 08:29   #43236  |  Link
kopija

Sorry for OT question.
Is it possible to install Nvidia driver only and then somehow disable those pesky features like adaptive contrast and video enhancements that are only configurable through Nvidia Control Panel?
Thanks.
kopija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 08:34   #43237  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopija View Post
Is it possible to install Nvidia driver only and then somehow disable those pesky features like adaptive contrast and video enhancements that are only configurable through Nvidia Control Panel?
I'm pretty sure installation of the control panel is integrated with installation of the driver itself. But I don't think adaptive contrast is on by default. Video enhancements are I suppose, you could get around that by disabling DXVA decoding if your CPU is good enough.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 08:57   #43238  |  Link
Asmodian

Only "Use inverse telecine" is on by default in the Nvidia drivers, everything defaults to "Use the video player setting".
Old 6th April 2017, 14:11   #43239  |  Link
Budtz

cpu usage with 4k hdr

I tried running a few 4k hdr files. I have a Haswell 4 core cpu at 4.3ghz but it just maxes out the cpu and I get stutters. Is there any way to run this stuff or do I need a kaby lake. I use lav filters and use cuvid with the 4k box enabled but I don’t know if that helps with these files. is it couse my 1060gtx cant decode it?

Also, I have the default hdr settings but faces seem to be very red. Colors are off somehow with hdr it seems. I have a non hdr tv but shouldn’t madvr convert it?

Last edited by Budtz; 6th April 2017 at 14:14.
Budtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 14:19   #43240  |  Link
sneaker_ger

GTX 1060 should be fine. Update LAV + madvr to latest versions and reset the settings. Set LAV Video to use DXVA2 (copy-back) and tick the "(UHD) 4K" and "HEVC" checkboxes. In madvr settings go "devices">[your display]>"hdr" and set display nits until it fits your screen. Video is HEVC, right? If it doesn't look right post a sample. Maybe the file is broken or something.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling