Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th February 2011, 16:25   #9121  |  Link
fusebyte

Exist a RIPBOT264 x64 version that works with multicore CPU?

Thank's
fusebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 16:52   #9122  |  Link
Lighto
The Black Reaper

@fusebyte
There isn't a 64bit version of RipBot264 as of now.
The 32bit version of RipBot264 works with 64bit perfectly fine, it uses the 64bit version of x264 to encode video on a 64bit Operating System and utilizes multiple core when encoding.
x264 is the one doing the encoding, RipBot264 is the GUI that allows you to set your preference of the encoded output easily.
Lighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 20:13   #9123  |  Link
fusebyte

Tk's for answer.
I ask this, because
when encode with RIPBOT264 my CPU works around 98-100% and temperature 85°-100° celsius
when encode with MEDIACODER_x64 my CPU works around 60-70% max and temperature max 67° celsius.
I thought that my CPU with ripbot264 seeks more because it does not work in multithreading mode, but if you tell me that RIPBOT264 works with all CPU's core...

But since I prefer to work with RIPBOT264, I ask U , how can i set x264_x64?

Lighto,thanks so much!

Last edited by fusebyte; 14th February 2011 at 20:43.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:31   #9124  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Actually, higher CPU usage is better as the encoding finishes faster. So Ripbot does a better job than Mediacoder.

As to how to enable it, the answer is just one page prior:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1
---------------------
RipBot264.ini
afonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 20:49   #9125  |  Link
fusebyte

Quote:
Usex264x64=1
Please forgive my ignorance, how and where do I enable Usex264x64 = 1?
Old 14th February 2011, 21:59   #9126  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

It's in RipBot264.ini as it says in the quote. Should be already enabled if you have 64bit Windows.
Old 15th February 2011, 02:08   #9127  |  Link
pacaveli211

you can always open task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and check the performance tab to see what's going on with each of your cores, as far as usage
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 05:12   #9128  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Both the installer version and the 7z version have x64 enabled by default. The setting is there I believe for people who wish to set it to zero in x64 windows to test how the speed differs.
Overall the x64 codec only goes at average 10~11% faster then the x86 and yes both x86 and x64 versions of the codec are mutithreaded.
Old 16th February 2011, 00:45   #9129  |  Link
DJ-1

Great program, best so far by mile!.

couple of question...
1:when in 2pass mode does the bitrate cover both passes, or does one pass get most of the attention more than the other ?

2: possible to have 1 pass `Bitrate mode, I.E: VBR-Contant or Average`.... make it a bit more flexible the QR mode that way ?

3:is there any good sources of info on some of the terminology for some of the advanced profile options, for instance, i know somw like QPEL, De-blocking etc...some apps give `info` if you hover over the selection...would be a nice touch
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 02:24   #9130  |  Link
duramaximus

what the difference???

Wave, Flac or Core???

What is the difference?

Basically I use Ripbot to make BD9 from my blurays. I just want to keep 5.1 surround and do not worry to much about HD audio.

Which should I be choosing from the start, Wave, Flac or Core?

Thanks
duramaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 03:06   #9131  |  Link
Arbelisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaximus View Post
Wave, Flac or Core???

What is the difference?

Basically I use Ripbot to make BD9 from my blurays. I just want to keep 5.1 surround and do not worry to much about HD audio.

Which should I be choosing from the start, Wave, Flac or Core?

Thanks
Ive used both Flac and Wave and havent heard a difference between either one. Core is just the core part of the DTS-HD Audio track but I think Flac and Wave convert the whole thing. Not sure though.
Arbelisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 11:30   #9132  |  Link
ArieS1204

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
Yes it is the lossy track of DTS. But it shouldn't be that small, it usually is around 1500kbps check your original BD.

Also read:
http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu...-how-to-rip-it
Thanks afonic for the guide. It makes more sense now.

Also, I ripped an episode of The Pacific from my BD as a test. First time using the Core audio and the second time using the 5.1 Aften AC3 @640kbps.
The latter sounds better, am I crazy or what? Shouldn't the Core be the better one of the 2?
How can I find out exactly what's the bitrate of the Core audio?
ArieS1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 12:03   #9133  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Short info about audio options:
WAVE - Whole lossless DTS-MA/TrueHD will be decompressed to wave
FLAC - similar as above but with Flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec) compression. Better compression than DTS-MA/TrueHD but only compatible with .mkv container!
CORE - This option will extract only lossy core part. DTS 1,5 Mbps if source is DTS-MA or AC3 640 kbps if source is TrueHD

If you don't know what to choose leave default WAVE option!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 13:02   #9134  |  Link
liquidskin76

Hey Atak,

Is it poss to get confirmation that you are planning/considering on implementing the option to retain TrueHD/DTS-HD audio on mkv in a future version?

I'm a pain in the arse, i know!

Thanks
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 16:15   #9135  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
FLAC - similar as above but with Flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec) compression. Better compression than DTS-MA/TrueHD but only compatible with .mkv container!
CORE - This option will extract only lossy core part. DTS 1,5 Mbps if source is DTS-MA or AC3 640 kbps if source is TrueHD

Hi,

three questions,

1)When selected wave in DTSHD, does it use the lossless DTS-HD stream or does it require a commercial decoder like Arcsoft otherwise falls back to Core?

2)I selected the Core option for a TrueHD Blu-ray just now, but I didn't get a "copy stream" option in mkv format.

3)Would you suggest extracting the HD audio and reencode or just keep the Core?
Old 16th February 2011, 16:50   #9136  |  Link
duramaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

OK sounds good

Thanks for the quick reply!
duramaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 21:52   #9137  |  Link
hdpete

I assume from the log below that I'm able to decode the full lossless DTS-HD MA soundtrack converted to a wav as Arcsoft is shown as in use, but it seems it reduces the bit depth from 24bit to 16bit.
Name:  Log.jpg
Views: 2774
Size:  137.4 KB
Once the lossless DTS MA audio is decoded, I'll usually want to convert it to a 24bit 640kbps AC3 file, is it possible for Ripbot to leave the decoded DTS MA audio at 24bit or will I have to use eac3to outside of Ripbot to get a 24bit 640kbps ac3 file? Thanks

Last edited by hdpete; 16th February 2011 at 22:05.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 02:57   #9138  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
I assume from the log below that I'm able to decode the full lossless DTS-HD MA soundtrack converted to a wav as Arcsoft is shown as in use, but it seems it reduces the bit depth from 24bit to 16bit.

Once the lossless DTS MA audio is decoded, I'll usually want to convert it to a 24bit 640kbps AC3 file, is it possible for Ripbot to leave the decoded DTS MA audio at 24bit or will I have to use eac3to outside of Ripbot to get a 24bit 640kbps ac3 file? Thanks
Well Arcsoft is being used alright, do you have any of their programs installed or does Ripbot contain it somehow?
Old 17th February 2011, 07:23   #9139  |  Link
hdpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
Well Arcsoft is being used alright, do you have any of their programs installed or does Ripbot contain it somehow?
It's in the Ripbot Tools, ax folder.

Name:  arc.jpg
Views: 2501
Size:  52.4 KB

Having looked at the ac3 file from a recently converted project, it seems that the resulting dolby audio is 24 bit, so Ripbot through eac3to has downsampled the 24bit DTSMA audio from 24bit to 16bit and then upsamples it from 16 to 24bit in the Aften ac3 conversion. That's obviously not desireable as you've lost the original 24bit quality in the downsample.

Why is there a need to convert the DTSHD-MA audio when importing (unless you just want the core)? If you've got the Arcsoft encoder installed, can't it just be demuxed to a dtshd file and then converted as required in the output side?

Last edited by hdpete; 17th February 2011 at 07:56.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 14:08   #9140  |  Link
DJ-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Why is there a need to convert the DTSHD-MA audio when importing (unless you just want the core)? If you've got the Arcsoft encoder installed, can't it just be demuxed to a dtshd file and then converted as required in the output side?
yeah, i wondered about this, why not dump the raw audio , AC3 or PCM straight to HDD when demuxing, then (assuming output file is gonna have audio conversion) Audio is only converted once ??
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360