Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 6th June 2017, 06:42   #44021  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber201 View Post
Thanks for your explaination.
But how can i resolve my issue with Kodi DSPlayer?
Is there an option to enable in Kodi?

Thanks
nope. Video clock is a feature in Jriver only.

You may try reclock for the same result. (make sure everything is x86)
johnnylaiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 13:37   #44022  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber201 View Post
Thanks for your explaination.
But how can i resolve my issue with Kodi DSPlayer?
Is there an option to enable in Kodi?

Thanks
I use Kodi DSPlayer and I used this approach: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173571

With this you will be able to bitstream, thus not losing Atmos or other codecs.

Edit: I'm actually sorry this resurfaces so constantly, more than writing the guide I don't know what I could do...

Last edited by ashlar42; 6th June 2017 at 13:39.
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 17:29   #44023  |  Link
e-t172

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylaiyee View Post
However, DTS-X, and Dolby-Atmos play in more channel than 5.1/7.1 which I didn't test in Jriver if it can support the uncompressed PCM decoding in channel more than 5.1/7.1.
I am not aware of any PC software that can fully decode DTS-X or Atmos. The only way to get the full output is to send the original bitstream to a modern AVR for decoding. (I'd love to be proven wrong.)
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 17:40   #44024  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
I am not aware of any PC software that can fully decode DTS-X or Atmos. The only way to get the full output is to send the original bitstream to a modern AVR for decoding. (I'd love to be proven wrong.)
You are correct. Which is why I linked my guide. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you could support full Atmos decoding in any case. I've always seen PCM output max out at 7.1. Whereas regular Atmos configurations can offer 7.1.4 channels. I'm not sure "normal" PCM output from PCs can carry 12 channels.
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 19:00   #44025  |  Link
e-t172

Well, I don't think it would be possible to transport such a PCM stream over HDMI, but analog output would be possible, assuming the hardware exists (it most likely doesn't). After all, as far as the Windows audio APIs are concerned this is at least theoretically possible. The software doing the decoding would have to ask the user for information about speaker layout in order to properly decode the "audio objects" and map them to channels.

Of course none of this is ever going to happen - people having more than 5.1 speakers is already a niche market, and people wanting to use a PC instead of an AVR to decode such >7.1 streams is an even smaller niche market still. But one can always dream.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 19:47   #44026  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

HDMI 2.0 claims 32 audio channel support, but I don't think they mean uncompressed PCM channels because the audio bandwidth didn't actually increase. So yeah the only way to get 12 channels output would be a DAC directly connected to a PC, either a soundcard or perhaps a USB DAC(although 12 channels USB DACs get expensive, mine is only 10 analog outs)

Last edited by nevcairiel; 6th June 2017 at 19:49.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 20:04   #44027  |  Link
XMonarchY

Is "Reduce Ringing Artifacts" advisable when "NGU Anti-Alias Very High Quality" is used?
Old 6th June 2017, 23:35   #44028  |  Link
Dorohedoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
What are you doing with ffdshow? Try disabling it? Try different media player? Look at your CPU and GPU utilization.

BTW smooth motion doesn't give soap opera effect that's predictive/intelligent Frame Creation, something madVR doesn't do, smooth motion just blends.
Frame double deinterlace (with 0 threshold) is the only way to fix the irregular judder, but sometimes the video becomes jumpy, specially at the start or when I seek.

My CPU its only at 10%, and my gpu 23%, and I'm playing a full remux bluray with HD audio.

Here are the madvr stats:

Do you think if I upgrade to the gtx 1070 I will get rid of this problem? I have an i5 cpu.

Thanks!
Dorohedoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 23:43   #44029  |  Link
Dorohedoro

Quote:
What are you doing with ffdshow? Try disabling it? Try different media player? Look at your CPU and GPU utilization.

BTW smooth motion doesn't give soap opera effect that's predictive/intelligent Frame Creation, something madVR doesn't do, smooth motion just blends.
Frame double deinterlace (with 0 threshold) is the only way to fix the irregular judder, but sometimes the video becomes jumpy, specially at the start or when I seek.

My CPU its only at 10%, and my gpu 23%, and I'm playing a full remux bluray with HD audio.

Here are the madvr stats:

Do you think if I upgrade to the gtx 1070 I will get rid of this problem? I have an i5 cpu.

Thank you so much.
Old 7th June 2017, 00:12   #44030  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
I use Kodi DSPlayer and I used this approach: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173571

With this you will be able to bitstream, thus not losing Atmos or other codecs.

Edit: I'm actually sorry this resurfaces so constantly, more than writing the guide I don't know what I could do...
I tested the clock in JR in PCM and its amazing, my madvr now comes up stating no frame drops or repeats ever, after 10 mins or so.
I would however like to do it your way so I cant go back to bitstream in JR so my Atmos plays correctly, but your setup looks so complicated to setup. Ive read it a number of times but i think its beyond my knowledge
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 00:40   #44031  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
Is "Reduce Ringing Artifacts" advisable when "NGU Anti-Alias Very High Quality" is used?
Absolutely. Although how much it helps obviously depends on the source but I always keep it enabled, I know this has already been asked before, why don't you just fire up your own content take a screenshot and draw your own conclusions? Take you a few minutes and you'll understand the benefits more than just getting a straight answer.
I think I've said something to you before, but you really need to learn more about what madVR does by actually looking at the results rather than asking all the time..

Last edited by ryrynz; 7th June 2017 at 04:14.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 03:03   #44032  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70MM View Post
I tested the clock in JR in PCM and its amazing, my madvr now comes up stating no frame drops or repeats ever, after 10 mins or so.
I would however like to do it your way so I cant go back to bitstream in JR so my Atmos plays correctly, but your setup looks so complicated to setup. Ive read it a number of times but i think its beyond my knowledge
The guide is pretty useful for reference only.
Follow through the guide is painful.
In my case my avr is too old for HDR passthrough so I run a separate HDMI for audio only, which saved me some time for the audio block part of the guide.

Here is the way I obtained my "perfect" refresh rate base on that guide.

1. set 1080p23/ 2160p23 in Madvr and start a 23.768 video
2. check the OSD to see the refresh rate is running faster or slower then 23.768
3. Go to Pixel Clock Calculator (PCC) and try the settings with (+xxxxHz)"to compensate the slower refresh rate" or (-xxxxHz) "to compensate the faster refresh rate" in Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
4. If have difficulty to achieve 23.768, try 47.952 Hz instead
5. Work until you see the "no frame drops or repeats ever" in the OSD
Old 7th June 2017, 03:11   #44033  |  Link
70MM

Ok I will look into it that way johnny, but what happens then when one is playing say a 25/30 rip after the custom has been set for 23.978?
Old 7th June 2017, 03:18   #44034  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Ok I will look into it that way johnny, but what happens then when one is playing say a 25/30 rip after the custom has been set for 23.978?
Well, I believe most of the Atmos/DTS-X content are 23.976.

Just set 1080p25, 1080p30, 2160p25, 2160p30 in Madvr and use Video clock in Jriver and you are good to go.
Old 7th June 2017, 03:28   #44035  |  Link
70MM

Ok thats fine but when you play an Atmos film you have to go back to bitstream as it wont play as true Atmos in PCM. Going back to bitstream for the Atmos films you loose the clock in JR again. There is no easy way to hold the sync perfectly using clock when you want to play an Atmos film natively using the clock in JR.
Old 7th June 2017, 03:30   #44036  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

Quote:
Ok thats fine but when you play an Atmos film you have to go back to bitstream as it wont play as true Atmos in PCM. Going back to bitstream for the Atmos films you loose the clock in JR again. There is no easy way to hold the sync perfectly using clock when you want to play an Atmos film natively using the clock in JR.
Yes, you have to find the perfect refresh rate if you want to play flawlessly with bitstreaming.
Old 7th June 2017, 04:21   #44037  |  Link
johnnylaiyee

madshi, will you plan to add Dolby Vision support in the future?
Old 7th June 2017, 09:35   #44038  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Can you provide specifications and samples for Dolby Vision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
As long as I don't have technical Dolby Vision documentation, I can't support it.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 14:47   #44039  |  Link
Dorohedoro

Quote:

Hi, my cpu is at 10% and my gpu at 21%, if I dont use frame doubler deinterlace (0 threshold) in ffdshow the weird irregular judder will be worse.

Do you think if I change the 660 for a 1070 my problem will be solved?

Thanks!
Old 7th June 2017, 22:25   #44040  |  Link
ryrynz

Honestly, I'd just start with a clean config. Grab MPC-HC/BE use LAV or internal filters, back up your madVR settings and reset to default, disable ffdshow, disable reclock and see what happens.
If still getting stuttering, uninstall your graphics drivers completely, reboot and reinstall.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling