Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th December 2006, 05:51   #861  |  Link
tritical

Display output for tdeint is a good idea. Not sure it will make it in the next version though.

IsCombedTIVTC was indeed busted from RC7 on. When I changed the parameters of tfm I forced scthresh to be between 0 and 100 or an error would be thrown. Then I forgot to change the value that I was passing for scthresh when constructing the tfm object for iscombedtivtc (it was outside that range)... so tfm would throw an error, but avisynth just returned a clip with the error msg written on it. Then the script bautodeint uses would just get true all the time. I'll put up a fixed version tommorrow.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 05:54   #862  |  Link
travisbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
Display output for tdeint is a good idea. Not sure it will make it in the next version though.

IsCombedTIVTC was indeed busted from RC7 on. When I changed the parameters of tfm I forced scthresh to be between 0 and 100 or an error would be thrown. Then I forgot to change the value that I was passing for scthresh when constructing the tfm object for iscombedtivtc (it was outside that range)... so tfm would throw an error, but avisynth just returned a clip with the error msg written on it. Then the script bautodeint uses would just get true all the time. I'll put up a fixed version tommorrow.
Good stuff man. Happy to see I wasn't on crack
travisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 06:37   #863  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

I tried to use avi_tc in order to conmvert a v2 timecode file to v1 and received an error message saying that a duration of <= 0.0 was detected. There is indeed a duration of 0, but even after deleting it or changing it to a positive value avi_tc gives the same error message. How can I solve this?
Old 7th December 2006, 08:42   #864  |  Link
tritical

TIVTC v1.0 RC 10, changes:
Code:
TDecimate:
   - sdlim changes

IsCombedTIVTC:
   - fixed an error always being thrown by tfm on construction
        resulting in it not working
For sdlim I changed it so that it must satisfy (sdlim+1)*(cycleR-1) < cycle. In the case that tdecimate can't mark a full cycleR worth of frames, if sdlim is entered as a positive number, then it uses ChiDragon's method. If sdlim is entered as a negative number, it uses my second suggestion.

@buzzqw/travisbell
The problem with IsCombedTIVTC always failing on construction is also what caused the "I don't know what "a" means-true" output in bautodeint's log. Therefore, this version should work fine without the need for declaring "global a =" elsewhere than where bautodeint defines it (it worked fine that way in my tests).

@Chainmax
Could you post the timecode file you're trying to convert?

Last edited by tritical; 7th December 2006 at 08:45.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:42   #865  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

tested on same source as posted by Travisbell , is all ok !

thanks Tritical !

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 13:46   #866  |  Link
Chainmax
Huh?

Here's the timecode file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/6457377/...ars.1.txt.html
Old 8th December 2006, 03:04   #867  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

So it's a regular (30/1.001) fps exactly! file of 4470 frames with no temporal compression. The only anomaly is the last 2 frames have the same time index of 149082, probably a boundary bug in the encoder that was used.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 19:10   #868  |  Link
Didée

Could it be there's a bug in TDeint's "APType" handling?

I just played a little with the sample given here, and it seems to me that

APType=0 : Artefact protection does exactly what it should
APType=1|2 : Artefact protection does nothing at all (not even with AP as low as 2|1|0)

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 07:20   #869  |  Link
canuckerfan

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119241

^anyone else experiencing discolourization during motion scenes using TIVTC?
canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 08:51   #870  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

when using degrainmedian for denoising and fft3d for sharpening with commands Interlaced=true on an interlaced video and also using a command for deinterlacing, whats the order to place these commands ? degrainmedia and fft3d before the deinterlace command line ? or 1st the deinterlace command and then degrainmedian and fft3d, maybe even without interlaced=true, because then it should be already deinterlaced ? which way does preserve most quality ?
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 09:52   #871  |  Link
DarkNite
Almost Silent Member

Most often it's deinterlace, denoise, sharpen. The reason for filtering interlaced is usually because you're leaving it interlaced.
Old 14th December 2006, 19:23   #872  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

i cant keep it interlaced, it would cleary be seen later on when playing the video :S but does that mean, when deinterlacing the video, that the interlaced=true option is only restricted to the cases I actually want to keep it interlaced ?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 14th December 2006 at 20:30.
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 06:39   #873  |  Link
Isochroma

Using the latest RC10, and the newest DGIndex (b7), I'm getting this error:

"TFM: d2v file is not a d2v file or is of unsupported format!"

I recently helped the author of DGIndex fix a problem with the d2v file format, and its version has incremented in b7, making it incompatible with previous versions. I assume TFM cannot parse the new format. Here is the .d2v file for your perusal.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 05:54   #874  |  Link
jmac698

I was looking into the overrides file, but it's too limiting. Is there any way we could use an entirely external file of deinterlacing decisions? That would be really useful for multi-sourced video where one is progressive but a higher quality one has lost that information. For example digibeta tapes.
jmac698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 09:37   #875  |  Link
DarkNite
Almost Silent Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
does that mean, when deinterlacing the video, that the interlaced=true option is only restricted to the cases I actually want to keep it interlaced ?
There are some occasions where denoising is called for before deinterlacing or IVTC, such as removing dot crawl, and a few other frequency interference noise types.
Old 17th December 2006, 15:16   #876  |  Link
tritical

@jmac698
You could run tfm/tdecimate on one source with output enabled and then use those output files as input while processing another source. Of course, for that to work the two sources would have to sync exactly.

@canuckerfan
I checked the sample you pointed to, but I don't know what you mean by "discolourization." The artifacts are mainly from all the noise/dotcrawl causing tfm to choose the incorrect match or no good match existing. Maybe you could provide another sample clip?

@Didée
I looked at the clip you linked to and aptype works correctly for me. The problem is that on the bars a lot of the artifacts are in areas where many neighboring pixels were incorrectly detected as static. Aptype 1/2 wont trigger if less than 1/2 or 1/3 of the pixels surrounding the current pixel were detected as moving. Many of the smaller groupings are removed as expected with aptype 1/2.

@Isochroma
Thanks for the info, I'll put up a new version with d2v format v14 support today or tommorrow.
Old 20th December 2006, 08:17   #877  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll put up a new version with d2v format v14 support today or tommorrow.
any news ?

thanks !

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 21:21   #878  |  Link
tritical

@buzzqw
Yep .

[link removed]. Only change was d2v format v14 support.

Wanted to have the next version of TDeint out by now, but I've been busy. Will hopefully have some time over christmas to work on it.

Last edited by tritical; 19th January 2007 at 02:38.
Old 21st December 2006, 21:34   #879  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Thanks for the update. I've been looking forward to a reply by you. Since you're here, I have a question.

How would I go about using tfm with an external deinterlacer such as securebob and tdecimate? When I deinterlace a frame, the current frame seems to be a clone of the new deinterlaced frame (using tdecimate modes 0 & 1) which results in jerky outputs; i'm obviously doing something wrong here.

A nice 'lil example would be sweet

Edit:
Here's an example of a script i'd probably use
Code:

Separatefields().DeBlock_QED().weave().TFM(mode=4,PP=0,slow=0).tdecimate(mode=1)
trim(0,4552)
interp = securebob().selecteven()
Tdeint(full=false,edeint=interp,mi=255,ovr="C:\Program Files\AVISynth Scripts\Defender.txt",ovrdefault=1)
vinverse()
Crop(14, 10, -14, -8)
bicubicresize(640,352)
TemporalSoften(2,4,5,15,2)
RemoveGrain(0,11)
backward_vec4 = last.MVAnalyse(isb=true,  delta=2, pel=2, blksize=8, overlap=4, sharp=1)
forward_vec4  = last.MVAnalyse(isb=false, delta=2, pel=2, blksize=8, overlap=4, sharp=1)
last.MVDegrain1(backward_vec4,forward_vec4,thSAD=400)#, idx=1)
DeGrainMedian(limitY=0,limitUV=4,mode=1)
addgrain(1.5,0,0)
SeeSaw(NRlimit=2, NRlimit2=1, Sstr=1.4, Slimit=7, Spower=2, Sdamplo=8, SdampHi=10, Szp=10, bias=1, sootheT=30)

Last edited by Terranigma; 21st December 2006 at 21:56.
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 21:59   #880  |  Link
canuckerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
@buzzqw
Yep .

TIVTC v1.0 RC 11. Only change was d2v format v14 support.

Wanted to have the next version of TDeint out by now, but I've been busy. Will hopefully have some time over christmas to work on it.
Thanks. No worries, no one is any rush

Looking forward to it.
canuckerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tdeint, tivtc