Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2012, 20:42   #1041  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
if you have a 64-bit Windows and a lot of RAM (4+ GB) then patching 32bit host exe (avs2yuv etc) with 4GB limit patch helps qtgmc a lot - then you can set SetMemoryMax(3072) or probably even more and enjoy your qtgmc.
If you encode to x264 directly, it already has 4GB support.

But what I wanted to say is that using SetMemoryMax sometime helped prevent crashes, but it doesn't seem to limit the RAM usage of the encoder, or it doesn't do it to that exact number. I used to set it to 1024 and x264 and virtualdub were using between 1.6 and 2.2GB of RAM depending on the source.

Piping it to 64bit x264(32bit also works but is a little slower) using avs2pipe(avs2yuv had problems with v2.6 of avisynth I think) without having distributor() in the avs(seemed a little faster with it, but it kept crashing with my settings) is the only way I found to prevent crashes using extreme setting with QTGMC
Old 17th January 2012, 18:11   #1042  |  Link
redfordxx

You might wanna consider trying RAverageW and RMerge in your script:
RMerge - if you are bothered with the issue, that max weight can be 255 not 256
RAverageW - for speedup

Pros and cons:
RMerge (mode=256)
+ correctly calculates merging with mask values reaching 255
- not sse optimized yet
RAverageW
+ faster
+ multiple input clips
- y,u,v=3 works but any other numbers disable the processing, like y,u,v=1

Basically, every lut which involves linear combination of clips is possible to write with RAverageW and is faster.

Examples:

Code:
lossed1.mt_lutxy( vresharp, "x x y - "+ string(sharpAdj) + " * +", U=3,V=3 )
RAverageW(lossed1,1+sharpAdj,vresharp,-sharpAdj)

mt_lutxy( lossed1, lossed1.VerticalCleaner( mode=1, modeU=-1, modeV=-1, planar=true ), "y x - " + string(SVThinSc) + " * 128 +", U=1,V=1 )
RAverageW(lossed1,SVThinSc,lossed1.VerticalCleaner( mode=1, modeU=-1, modeV=-1, planar=true ),-SVThinSc,bias=128, U=1,V=1)

backBlend2.mt_adddiff( finalNoise.mt_lut( "x " + noiseCentre + " - " + string(GrainRestore) + " * 128 +", U=CNmt1,V=CNmt1 ), U=CNmt2,V=CNmt2 )
RAverageW(backBlend2,1,finalNoise,GrainRestore,bias=-noiseCentre, U=CNmt1,V=CNmt1)
#however here we  have problem with chroma processing option (only 1 or 3 possible)

degrain1.Merge( degrain2, 0.2 ).Merge( edi, 0.0625 )
RAverageW( degrain1, 12/16.0, degrain2, 3/16.0, edi, 1/16.0 ) # if I am not mistaken
Old 17th January 2012, 18:38   #1043  |  Link
RockTheBass

iVTC NTSC

Hi everybody!

I need some help to encoding an NTSC video with 29.970 fps.
This is an IVTC video. It has 2 double frame after every 5th frame.

The video's Parity: Assumed Bottom Field First.

I want to deinterlace the video. Please help me how I do this properly using QTGMC. I think this is the best deinterlace filter, its works like a charm

If I want to deinterlace a 25FPS PAL movie I using this script:
Code:
AssumeBFF().QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow", FPSDivisor=2, EdiThreads=4)
But in this case I has to remove the duplicated frames, so I need to use something like this, right?

Code:
TFM(slow=2,clip2=QTGMC(preset="very slow", EdiThreads=4).SelectEven()).Tdecimate()
Unfortunatelly this script isnt looks great...

Can somebody help me and post me a proper script?

Thank you!
Old 17th January 2012, 19:03   #1044  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

TFM().TDecimate() for IVTC, no QTGMC at all there.
Old 17th January 2012, 19:41   #1045  |  Link
RockTheBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
TFM().TDecimate() for IVTC, no QTGMC at all there.
Ok, but I thought i hould combine them together, because the QTGMC is a well good deinterlace filter.
Old 17th January 2012, 20:04   #1046  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

There is nothing to deinterlace. After you IVTC, you have a progressive clip running at 23.976fps.
Old 17th January 2012, 21:28   #1047  |  Link
RockTheBass

Quote:
There is nothing to deinterlace. After you IVTC, you have a progressive clip running at 23.976fps.
I understand. Then can you give it some good IVTC script, please?
Old 17th January 2012, 21:45   #1048  |  Link
-Vit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfordxx View Post
You might wanna consider trying RAverageW and RMerge in your script
I'll have a look. I did promise a minor update and I haven't delivered on that yet. It'll be an incentive...

I particularly like the last of the three suggestions because it makes the temporal weightings of the neighbor frames a little bit clearer. Those weightings are the key feature in (Q)TGMC to remove bob-shimmer.

Not sure how much of a speed impact it will have though, most of the time is spent in NNEDI3 and MVTools...

Last edited by -Vit-; 17th January 2012 at 21:52. Reason: sp
Old 17th January 2012, 22:03   #1049  |  Link
Didée

Back when I wrote the old TGMC, I simply used Merge to reduce the number of required plugins. If it would've been for reasons like speed or clarity, I could've used mg262's Average() plugin just as well.

Speed should hardly be concerned with all three operations mentioned. Perhaps some 1080i-deinterlacing will jump from 2.345 fps to 2.346 fps? ^^

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Old 17th January 2012, 22:48   #1050  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheBass View Post
I understand. Then can you give it some good IVTC script, please?
Like I already wrote: TFM().TDecimate() is probably all you need. They are in the TIVTC plugin if I'm not mistaken.
Old 18th January 2012, 02:03   #1051  |  Link
redfordxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post
Not sure how much of a speed impact it will have though, most of the time is spent in NNEDI3 and MVTools...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
Back when I wrote the old TGMC, I simply used Merge to reduce the number of required plugins.
Both of these thing also came to my mind also... It was just a suggestion.
Old 25th January 2012, 22:34   #1052  |  Link
RockTheBass

Quote:
Like I already wrote: TFM().TDecimate() is probably all you need. They are in the TIVTC plugin if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, these are in TIVTC plugins. I have already tried these plugins, but the video result not good enough as I expected. If I use this code, I get more beautiful picture:
Code:
AssumeBFF().QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow", FPSDivisor=2, EdiThreads=4)
So, I need plugins/code different from this:
Code:
TFM().TDecimate()
which can do enough nice picture quality for me
Old 26th January 2012, 09:24   #1053  |  Link
ajk

Well can you post a sample? Deinterlacing is simply wrong for a telecined source so there must be something else going on.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:02   #1054  |  Link
RockTheBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
Well can you post a sample? Deinterlacing is simply wrong for a telecined source so there must be something else going on.
Unfortunatelly I dont know a sotware that can cut .mov file without reencoding a video. If somebody knows that program I can put a sample file here.
Old 27th January 2012, 07:35   #1055  |  Link
ajk

I don't really work much with .mov files so unfortunately I don't know. It would probably be fine to re-encode a small section as HuffYUV, Lagarith or something, just take care not to do any de-interlacing or such in the process.

Also it would probably be best to start a new thread rather than clutter this already massive QTGMC one
Old 30th January 2012, 16:24   #1056  |  Link
Zep

what settings are good to turn QTGMC into a simple smart (semi-fast) deinterlacer? Basically i have a source that keeps changing field order randomly.
Could go 10 minutes or 10 seconds before a field order changes.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:20   #1057  |  Link
fleon

Hi, I have a sample of my first birthday recorded in Video8, then it was transferred into a VHS (I don't know how), and just recently extracted from that VHS and then converted with some weird connections and a Pinacle software into a MJPG stream (I can fix this last step if you recommend me a better software that extracts it and converts it with a better codec), Anyway I have the AVI file in my Pc, this is the mediainfo analysis : http://paste2.org/p/1891960 , I just know that it is interlaced, but I also know that the video needs more preprocessing like deinterlacing before getting encoded into x264, so can you guys help me out? how can I make the video look better?, this is the sample : http://www.mediafire.com/?hnl4b2snhb9h9bl

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 00:11   #1058  |  Link
CruNcher

Hi what is currently a very hard interlace sample that brings yadif to its knees (shimmer and other leftovers) where QTGMC shines in a direct compare very clearly ?

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 3rd February 2012 at 00:17.
Old 3rd February 2012, 04:08   #1059  |  Link
fleon

@CruNcher
So what you are saying is that QTGMC is more than enough for my sample right? that it can be fixed with QTGMC, if that is what you are saying please guide me with the settings that I should use.

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 04:52   #1060  |  Link
CruNcher

I was... ahh what ok first there doesn't seem to be any interlacing left though a lot of aliasing and yes you should rather redo the transfer step into some lossless format instead of mjpeg , and before you begin remastering it you should really cut it first how you want it to be.
There also seem to be a lot of ghost frames in that transfer and 1 or 2 cut that brake the flow cutting only 1 frame forth and back is just distracting (though if you want to keep them for historical reasons you could also let them in, thats up to you), so if the next transfer should also have them try to remove those (ghost frames) first, though first of all save this transfer you don't know what might happen the next time
After that open a new thread, though better is search first for some VHS recover specific one and revive it

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 3rd February 2012 at 05:01.
Closed Thread