Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2007, 09:59   #241  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, there isn't.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 21st March 2007, 05:48   #242  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@Mosu

When will it be possible to mux .mkv to .mkv and fix nal-size to 4?

I muxed all my .mkv with nal-size 3, but Cyberlink H.264 decoder wont decode the video (so the file just stops at the beginning)
Old 21st March 2007, 08:31   #243  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

It's done when it's done. Sorry, I can't give you a date.

Old 22nd March 2007, 18:58   #244  |  Link
LeMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
No, there isn't.
Can I make it a feature request ?
Old 22nd March 2007, 19:08   #245  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Sure you can, but it'll be veeery low on my priority list. It'll be best if you create a new bug in my Bugzilla system and set the severity to enhancement. That way I won't forget about it.

Old 25th March 2007, 12:43   #246  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

Muxing Anamorphic 720x576 (PAL) 16:9 Movie to AutoPlay @ 1024x576 DAR !

I've been encoding "Band of Brothers" an Mpeg-2, 720x576 (PAL) 16:9 movie... @ full 720x576 resolution...
using H264, AutoMKV, the ConstantQuality-CRF profile set to Q22 and the MKV container.

It encodes beautifully but refuses to play back at 1024x576, 16:9 DAR...
I can manually adjust my Zoom Player to 16:9 DAR and all is good.

AutoMKV does have modified AR and Anamorphic Muxing Options... but they don't seam to have any effect...
Buzzqw recommended that I try here... perhaps a little hands-on muxing with MkvMerge could do the trick.

Please help !

Pascal
Old 25th March 2007, 23:12   #247  |  Link
J_Darnley

Use the following switch with mkvmerge, but of course replace <track> with the number for the video track.

--display-dimensions <track>:1024x576
Old 26th March 2007, 14:52   #248  |  Link
honai

I get the following errors/warnings:

Quote:
Warning: pr_generic.cpp/generic_packetizer_c::add_packet(): timecode < last_timecode (00:59:30.600 < 00:59:30.667) for 1 of '...\Serenity\part1.mkv'. This should not have happened. Please contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you.

Warning: pr_generic.cpp/generic_packetizer_c::add_packet(): timecode < last_timecode (01:22:38.595 < 01:22:38.662) for 1 of '...\Serenity\part2.mkv'. This should not have happened. Please contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you.

Warning: pr_generic.cpp/generic_packetizer_c::add_packet(): timecode < last_timecode (01:48:27.859 < 01:48:27.926) for 1 of '...\Serenity\part2.mkv'. This should not have happened. Please contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you.
Command-line:

Quote:
"mkvmerge" -o "...\Serenity\full.mkv" --language 1:eng --track-name "1:Video VC-1 1080p" --display-dimensions 1:1920x1080 -d 1 -A -S ...\Serenity\part1.mkv -d 1 -A -S +...\Serenity\part2.mkv --track-order 0:1 --append-to 1:1:0:1
(where "..." denotes the respective file path)

Source was demuxed with Haali's Splitter and Matroska Muxer straight from the .EVO files. Using Windows XP SP2.

Last edited by honai; 26th March 2007 at 14:57.

Old 26th March 2007, 15:02   #249  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Concatenating h264 video is buggy at the moment, and I don't know when I'll be able to fix this.

Old 26th March 2007, 15:04   #250  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@honai, here's the answer to your post:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...902#post964902
Old 26th March 2007, 15:09   #251  |  Link
honai

It's VC-1 not h.264 but thanks for the clarification. The resulting file plays just fine.

While I'm at it: I've demuxed the EAC3 tracks from the Serenity EVOs with EVODemux. How do I mux that into MKV? mkvmerge complains that the audio tracks were AVC ES streams, which is definitely wrong.

Last edited by honai; 26th March 2007 at 15:22.

Old 26th March 2007, 15:15   #252  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
It's VC-1 not h.264 but thanks for the clarification. The resulting file plays just fine.

While I'm at it: I've demuxed the EAC3 tracks from the Serenity EVOs with EVODemux. How do I mux that into MKV? mkvmerge complains that the audio tracks were AVC PS streams, which is definitely wrong.
You need to download a newer version of mkvtoolnix.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:22   #253  |  Link
honai

Using the latest version from Mosu's signature, 2.0.2-1. Get message that the file type were AVC ES.

Old 26th March 2007, 15:38   #254  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

EAC3 is only implemented in builds after 2.0.2-1 available for testing from http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/

Old 26th March 2007, 19:17   #255  |  Link
delacroixp
Emperor building empire

@J_Darnley

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Darnley View Post
Use the following switch with mkvmerge, but of course replace <track> with the number for the video track.

--display-dimensions <track>:1024x576
Very neat...

Pascal
Old 28th March 2007, 09:10   #256  |  Link
issa

When I try to convert a AVI file contain XviD/DivX with AC3/MP3 into MKV with "--engage native_mpeg4" option. The final MKV file will out of sync. If I conevrt a AVI file contain H.264/AVC with AC3/MP3 using the same option flag. The result file is fine.
I would like to ask if the un-sync problem on XviD/DivX with AC3/MP3 with "--engage native_mpeg4" is an expected behavior.

Last edited by issa; 28th March 2007 at 09:18.
Old 28th March 2007, 13:25   #257  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Of course not Async audio/video from in-sync files is always a bug.

Old 29th March 2007, 07:46   #258  |  Link
woah!

hi Mosu

this is probably a silly question but how do i set the frame rate to 23.976 when muxing out an EVO file to mkv ?

i use graphedit and plug in the splitter/muxer ok and it gives me a perfect result. but then when i add it to mkvmerge i get again a perfect mux with the ac3 audio but the video is set to 25frames when i check the option in mkvmerge to set the fps is greyed out so i cant set it there.
Old 29th March 2007, 08:23   #259  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah! View Post
hi Mosu

this is probably a silly question but how do i set the frame rate to 23.976 when muxing out an EVO file to mkv ?

i use graphedit and plug in the splitter/muxer ok and it gives me a perfect result. but then when i add it to mkvmerge i get again a perfect mux with the ac3 audio but the video is set to 25frames when i check the option in mkvmerge to set the fps is greyed out so i cant set it there.
´

create a simple .txt File :

# timecode format v1
assume 23.976

load it in mkvmerge as timecode
Old 29th March 2007, 20:30   #260  |  Link
LeMoi

When i append AAC tracks, aac-is-sbr is for first track in the GUI (and so it is for every appended track), and yet mmg keeps saying :
Quote:
Warning: AAC files may contain HE-AAC / AAC+ / SBR AAC audio. This can NOT be detected automatically. Therefore you have to specifiy '--aac-is-sbr 0' manually for this input file if the file actually contains SBR AAC. The file will be muxed in the WRONG way otherwise. Also read mkvmerge's documentation.
Warning: AAC files may contain HE-AAC / AAC+ / SBR AAC audio. This can NOT be detected automatically. Therefore you have to specifiy '--aac-is-sbr 0' manually for this input file if the file actually contains SBR AAC. The file will be muxed in the WRONG way otherwise. Also read mkvmerge's documentation.
Closed Thread