Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 26th March 2017, 22:02   #1  |  Link
ZippyDSM

Odd MPC stutter/skipping/loop

I swear the nightly builds are loopy,also had issues with setting sub/audio to non default automatically but I think that was fixed at least. Anyone else have these problems?

Also can someone give me the pros and cons of setting to high priority it never seemed to work to well. 0-o
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 22:50   #2  |  Link
CruNcher

High Priority is a iffy thing it entirely depends on your playback chain and situation if it will be good or bad

If you use often external filter i would though advice to test carefully if high priority is a good idea

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 22:52   #3  |  Link
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
High Priority is a iffy thing it entirely depends on your playback chain and situation if it will be good or bad
Is it just one of those poorly implemented things in windows? When doing other things and processing a large conversion,ect it kinda helps not kill resources but it seems to be all or nothing.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 23:02   #4  |  Link
CruNcher

When you do the Decoding via the DSP it shouldn't matter that much via the CPU is more problematic OSD rendering though can be problematic especialy in MPC-HC and cause a pretty bad experience on interaction foremost.

And "Above normal priority" not really any developer tests the Player with that that includes all the Driver Developers as well so if you really unsure leave the decision to Windows and do sane things

Also a possibility that you already leave the decision to some 3rd party scheduling which could also cause problems then.

Now you might ask yourself "Hmm but where does insane actually starts for that CruNcher guy on Windows"

And the answer would be here

So at this level i wouldn't expect anything to work properly anymore in terms of priorities and it will be totally over if you start to peg the GPU additionally to that CPU usage you gonna see the mouse dancing the stop motion

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 26th March 2017 at 23:56.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote