Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th February 2009, 18:15   #4001  |  Link
brogan

I did notice the size difference w/the files coming in under the size a little. I also wish you could see the resolution of the files like you could in the previous versions but I do love all the additions that have been made to this awesome app, thanks Atak for all your hard work!
I have a question: if you want to keep TrueHD or DTS-HD MA for the audio track, are you able to? Will it be downsized to DD & DTS? I've never tried it but there were a few Blu-ray discs that I wanted to resize to a BD25 from a BD50 but keep the audio...thanks for your time
brogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 19:38   #4002  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogan View Post
I have a question: if you want to keep TrueHD or DTS-HD MA for the audio track, are you able to? Will it be downsized to DD & DTS? I've never tried it but there were a few Blu-ray discs that I wanted to resize to a BD25 from a BD50 but keep the audio...thanks for your time
I had the same thought. It will be turned into DD and DTS. The only way is to reduce the total size by the size of the HD audio and mux for a second time.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 19:57   #4003  |  Link
brogan

I was thinking something along those lines...if the DTS HD MA track is say, 3 GB, set for like 19, 20000 MB in RipBot & convert it...Then once its done, demux the DTS track & remux the DTS HD MA back in (you would've had to demux the DTS HD MA track 1st in TSMuxeR to have a copy of it) I think that TSMuxeR will work w/the HD version of DTS but there is a bug that will downgrade TrueHD to DD...I could be wrong but I think that's what happens...does anyone know for sure? If this app ever supports TrueHD & DTS HD MA, I will have to go back & redo a couple dozen movies I've already done...but I would be happy to do it
If anyone has any suggestions for getting the HD audio on a BD25, please let me know...thanks for your help...
Old 8th February 2009, 21:54   #4004  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
2nd!
I can live with 3% undersize.
But I wanted to show, that there is an undersize issue.
show me log
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 22:13   #4005  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
show me log
Sorry, deleted.
Encodes looked fine, so I cleared all unneccessary files. Found difference when burned them onto DVD day later.

Will show logs of next encode, maybe tomorrow evening.
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 22:21   #4006  |  Link
jtheripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
I had the same thought. It will be turned into DD and DTS. The only way is to reduce the total size by the size of the HD audio and mux for a second time.
It would be great and make for the perfect program if Atak put copy stream for HD audio. Although I am not a programming expert it seems to me to copy stream DTS-HD and pcm audio would be as easy as copy stream of dts and dd as tsmuxer handles both of those formats well. For dolby truhd I suppose that he could have the option of converting to pcm, dd or dts as tsmuxer ruins dolby truhd. The only problem I could see is that someone might pick copy stream a hd audio for a BD5 or BD9
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 22:28   #4007  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The only problem I could see is that someone might pick copy stream a hd audio for a BD5 or BD9
Exactly! And then I would have to waste my time for obvious questions like "Why video quality is SO ugly???"
Old 8th February 2009, 22:34   #4008  |  Link
jtheripper

Quote:
Exactly! And then I would have to waste my time for obvious questions like "Why video quality is SO ugly???"
lol well just ignore those people if they cant figure that out. ASctually on a BD9 the video might look good since some DTS-Hd and pcm audio is like 3GB still leaving about 5GB for video
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 22:38   #4009  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

5GB for 2h+ 1080p movie? Don't expect miracles. All fine details will be washed out. If you loose fine details so what's the point of having 1080p video?
Old 8th February 2009, 22:39   #4010  |  Link
brogan

On a BD5/BD9, it would definitely make the video suffer a bit (I would think) but on a BD25 it would be awesome...granted, I don't have a clue as to how much work it would take to implement this option but I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by many users...Atak, how much of a pain do you think it would be to include an option for untouched TrueHD/DTS-HD MA? Thanks for everything, as always!
Old 8th February 2009, 22:44   #4011  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Atak, how much of a pain do you think it would be to include an option for untouched TrueHD/DTS-HD MA? Thanks for everything, as always!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that TrueHD support is broken in TSmuxer. I will think about DTS-HD MA.
Old 8th February 2009, 23:26   #4012  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that TrueHD support is broken in TSmuxer. I will think about DTS-HD MA.

I believe you are correct...someone posted a workaround how to get TrueHD using TSmuxer, but they used an older version (v.019)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144847

I appreciate you considering DTS-HD MA support, that would be awesome...
Old 9th February 2009, 02:38   #4013  |  Link
Knocks

Hello! Great software. I would like to see the following features:

1) Automatic loading of subtitles from MKV files. Having to extract subtitles just to load them in RipBot264 is redundant
2) Being able to save your default resizing and subtitle options (burn in or not), instead of having to select them for every file

Thank you!

Last edited by Knocks; 9th February 2009 at 04:12.
Knocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 04:59   #4014  |  Link
brogan

Atak,

Would it be possible to add back the ability to see the resolution of the files added? When I'm loading up a few movies, I forget which ones are 720p & which are 1080p/i sometimes...thanks again...
Old 9th February 2009, 05:49   #4015  |  Link
dchao

RipBot264: 1.13, WinXP SP3

I can also confirm the following bugs:

1) StoreTempFilesin=AUTO has stopped working, now must specify manually

2) VC-1 was turned off by the latest ffdshow installer, causing the "codec not found" message from RipBot264 (when decoding HD-DVD). Can RipBot264 turn it back on automatically? I think a lot of people aren't aware of the switch buried deep inside the video configuration page.

3) Finally, RipBot stopped after encoding audio, manually executing the videopass1 script I got:
"unknown option -- nal-hrd"

Last edited by dchao; 9th February 2009 at 11:53.
dchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 20:40   #4016  |  Link
kenrippy

Quote:
There is an app that works great with TrueHD, it's called Ts4Np and it's based off of TsRemux.

Here are a couple links for Ts4Np to get you started:
Direct link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMMQLUS7

http://www.hdd-player.de/syabas/showthread.php?tid=2285

I hope you can get TrueHD & DTS MA to work with ripbot, it would be the best improvement for us HD lovers. Although, I'm not sure if the MKV container even supports these new audio formats yet, do they?
kenrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 20:56   #4017  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchao View Post
RipBot264: 1.13, WinXP SP3

I can also confirm the following bugs:

1) StoreTempFilesin=AUTO has stopped working, now must specify manually

2) VC-1 was turned off by the latest ffdshow installer, causing the "codec not found" message from RipBot264 (when decoding HD-DVD). Can RipBot264 turn it back on automatically? I think a lot of people aren't aware of the switch buried deep inside the video configuration page.

3) Finally, RipBot stopped after encoding audio, manually executing the videopass1 script I got:
"unknown option -- nal-hrd"
Yes, also "unknown option -- nal-hrd", you have my log on a page.
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 23:12   #4018  |  Link
primerump

Failed install vista x64

Installed 1.13 and showed tools not installed, so i downloaded
avisynth, ffdshow and haali..

install all three, rebooted, ran ripbot again and it
says haali not installed.. it's there in the program files section..

any clues ?? this is a virgin machine, no other codecs installed yet..
primerump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 23:43   #4019  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by primerump View Post
it
says haali not installed.. it's there in the program files section..
any clues ??
Where did you download it? It is version from jan 11 2009?
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 23:46   #4020  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

patience people. New fixed version will be available tomorrow.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360