Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th July 2020, 07:44   #681  |  Link
lansing

I'll be transferring the remaining main menu options and right click context menu next.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 15:14   #682  |  Link
_Al_

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
The number keys are hot keys that correspond to the tabs. 1=tab1, 2=tab2, etc... The shared timeline and number keys enable fast swapping.
You can download view.py and use it in your script, fast zoom in and hot keys. Needs opencv. There are examples in Readme file that show how arguments could be alternated and compared.
Because vapoursynth = Python, it never hurts to change workflows as if developing python script or scripts.
_Al_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 19:27   #683  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
You can download view.py and use it in your script, fast zoom in and hot keys. Needs opencv. There are examples in Readme file that show how arguments could be alternated and compared.
Because vapoursynth = Python, it never hurts to change workflows as if developing python script or scripts.
Thanks, I know about this and saw the other thread; it's on my "to learn" list .
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 21:29   #684  |  Link
lansing

I was testing out this lossless webp format when saving snapshot, on a 720x480 anime frame, at highest compression ratio, the png version is 455 KB while the webp version is 4.55 KB, WTF? The webp version is 99% smaller?
Old 25th July 2020, 23:01   #685  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
I was testing out this lossless webp format when saving snapshot, on a 720x480 anime frame, at highest compression ratio, the png version is 455 KB while the webp version is 4.55 KB, WTF? The webp version is 99% smaller?
No, something is wrong. It should provide better compression, but it won't be less than 1/2 size

Are you sure you're using lossless profile ? If you check with ffmpeg -i input.webp it will identify lossless was used

Subsampling can make small difference too.
Was subsampling the same ? png supports rgb/rgba , webp supports rgb/rgba (actually bgra) and yuv420p/yuva420p . e.g. if you take from DVD directly it might be RGB vs. YV12 version of webp

This was on anime frame
png rgb 403kb
webp lossless rgb 285 kb
webp lossless yv12 283 kb
Old 25th July 2020, 23:12   #686  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
No, something is wrong. It should provide better compression, but it won't be less than 1/2 size

Are you sure you're using lossless profile ? If you check with ffmpeg -i input.webp it will identify lossless was used

Subsampling can make small difference too.
Was subsampling the same ? png supports rgb/rgba , webp supports rgb/rgba (actually bgra) and yuv420p/yuva420p . e.g. if you take from DVD directly it might be RGB vs. YV12 version of webp

This was on anime frame
png rgb 403kb
webp lossless rgb 285 kb
webp lossless yv12 283 kb
I got this from ffmpeg, don't know what it means

Code:
Stream #0:0: Video: webp, yuv420p(tv, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 720x480, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
At least one output file must be specified
Old 25th July 2020, 23:39   #687  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
I got this from ffmpeg, don't know what it means

Code:
Stream #0:0: Video: webp, yuv420p(tv, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 720x480, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
At least one output file must be specified
Your webp was not using lossless profile, and it was using yuv420p

This is using lossless profile . I recompressed the png, so it says argb instead of yuv420p
Code:
 Stream #0:0: Video: webp, argb, 720x480, lossless, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc

(EDIT: Clarification - lossless profile for webp only supports argb ; so that difference in 2Kb for RGB vs. YV12 was probably due to different upsampling algorithm)

Last edited by poisondeathray; 25th July 2020 at 23:47.
Old 26th July 2020, 00:11   #688  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Your webp was not using lossless profile, and it was using yuv420p

This is using lossless profile . I recompressed the png, so it says argb instead of yuv420p
Code:
 Stream #0:0: Video: webp, argb, 720x480, lossless, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc

(EDIT: Clarification - lossless profile for webp only supports argb ; so that difference in 2Kb for RGB vs. YV12 was probably due to different upsampling algorithm)
Okay I found the problem. In the code, png and webp format saving are sharing the same "quality" setting. In png, quality 0 means best compression but in webp, 0 means worst quality. Saving webp at quality 100 gives me the lossless tag. I'll fix it.
Old 26th July 2020, 15:34   #689  |  Link
poisondeathray

1) Some issue with viewing alpha channel in a gbrap source (Gray8 as alpha clip) . Affects original vsedit, and this mod . Vdub2 preview ok, VSImport in avisynth of .vpy ok too

clip[1].set_output() #view alpha

Code:
Error on frame 0 request:
Resize error -1: invalid graph state L878: !m_state.has_chroma() || m_state.plan

You can try this new LSmash release and this test clip, (or ffms2 supported alpha before too)
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...46#post1919446
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...postcount=1311

2) I can't find error message or log file in this test version. That error message was from original version

EDIT: more info - I think it has something to do with (matrix,transfer,primaries) props being read , explicitly set, or assumed that vsedit is using for the display. If you load something else that has metadata or values, it will display the alpha

Last edited by poisondeathray; 26th July 2020 at 16:59.
Old 26th July 2020, 17:15   #690  |  Link
lansing

My version and the original version are displaying it fine.
Old 26th July 2020, 17:26   #691  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
My version and the original version are displaying it fine.
both clip[0] and clip[1] ?

clip[0] is ok for me, the clip[1] gray8 alpha clip has the issue . Not sure what's going on, because it's ok in vdub2

#clip[0].set_output(alpha=clip[1])
clip[1].set_output()
Old 26th July 2020, 17:28   #692  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
both clip[0] and clip[1] ?

clip[0] is ok for me, the clip[1] gray8 alpha clip has the issue . Not sure what's going on, because it's ok in vdub2

#clip[0].set_output(alpha=clip[1])
clip[1].set_output()
clip[1].set_output is fine for me, I'm seeing the spinning dollar sign in black and white
Old 26th July 2020, 17:30   #693  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
clip[1].set_output is fine for me, I'm seeing the spinning dollar sign in black and white

Thanks; that's what you should see.

Then it must be some local issue, I'll try to figure it out

If I just re-encode it with qtrle, Gray8 preview works for me .
ffmpeg -i input.mov -c:v qtrle -an output.mov

Or some other PNG+alpha image sequence, or this re-encoded as a PNG+alpha sequence (loaded with imwri.Read, alpha=True) the Gray8 preview works . Not sure why, because it was PNG in MOV to begin with

ffms2 alpha=True has same issue for me, so I doubt it's source filter related

Not sure what's going on...

Last edited by poisondeathray; 26th July 2020 at 18:06.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:02   #694  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

I'm glad someone is actively working on new features. I'm very sorry I haven't been. For the last year my life has been a roller coaster, and I can't tell when I'll be back to active development.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:41   #695  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Keeper View Post
I'm glad someone is actively working on new features. I'm very sorry I haven't been. For the last year my life has been a roller coaster, and I can't tell when I'll be back to active development.
I suggest you name an official successor then. Or you have fork hell in no time... (if it didn't already happen)
Old 29th July 2020, 14:49   #696  |  Link
lansing

Test 9 up. I have transferred all the remaining menu/context menu functions that I can see except noted.

Log:

- Fixed webp saving in wrong image quality. Image formats now save with their own quality parameters instead of sharing one single parameter
- Transferred all the remaining menu/context menu functions as well as all the little functions except noted
- Closing handler for multi tab, that is save script on exist confirmation and garbage collections
- Default auto tab naming on creation works correctly now
- Removed bilinear scale mode on preview
- Crop editor temporary removed for new implementation

I removed the bilinear scale mode because I just don't see the usage. People used zoom for cropping and for cropping it needs to be pixel precised. You don't want a scale mode that smoothed out the pixels.

I also removed the crop editor for now because it needs a new window anyway and I'm still gathering ideas. I have checked out several other crop editors and the one from avidemux looks really cool.

Aside from those, I have pretty much completed transferring all the stuff from the original to the new one. After all bugs were fixed in these test builds I'll change it to release. Then it will be time to add new stuffs.

For the continuation of the project, I think I'll do what Staxrip and Staxrip 2 did and rename mine to vseditor 2.
Old 29th July 2020, 15:40   #697  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
I removed the bilinear scale mode because I just don't see the usage.
I use it sometimes as it shows how the video would look like in a video player later.

The zoom field is a bit strange. If I use the arrow keys the zoom steps are 3x 2x 1x 0.6x 0.2x. Why not 0.5? And why is 0.1 not allowed? When I type 0.3 and then use the arrow keys the next zoom steps are 0.7x 1.1x 2.0x. With 0.5x it jumps to 0.9x :-/
The close all tabs button needs an icon

Last edited by ChaosKing; 29th July 2020 at 15:53.
ChaosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 18:12   #698  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I use it sometimes as it shows how the video would look like in a video player later.

The zoom field is a bit strange. If I use the arrow keys the zoom steps are 3x 2x 1x 0.6x 0.2x. Why not 0.5? And why is 0.1 not allowed? When I type 0.3 and then use the arrow keys the next zoom steps are 0.7x 1.1x 2.0x. With 0.5x it jumps to 0.9x :-/
The close all tabs button needs an icon
The zoom steps goes by +-0.2x between 0.2x - 1.0x, and +-1x after that. The arrow keys are not working properly because I totally forgot about them . I was testing with mouse control mostly.

The minimum zoom ratio is 0.2x and maximum is 8x. I capped at 8x because anything more than that causes navigation to lag. I think Avspmod have had the same issue but gispos fixed it sometime ago. I'll need to look at his code for guidance.

Is there really a need for 0.1x zoom? I thought 0.2x is really really small already.
Old 29th July 2020, 18:28   #699  |  Link
_Al_

Quote:
I capped at 8x because anything more than that causes navigation to lag.
Some idea - using zoom as crop and zoom in for previewing rgb clip. This way zooms-in perform even faster than original resolutions. Keeping track for CropAbs() values in memory, values are always relative to original resolution. Then one button could be dedicated to just return to previous zoom. I do it that way. Always performing crops and zooms for all clips so clips could be compared (if loaded more clips) in any zoom state.
_Al_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 18:47   #700  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
Is there really a need for 0.1x zoom? I thought 0.2x is really really small already.
Well I once stacked 24 openings together to find differences