Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 15th March 2021, 08:06   #721  |  Link
Izuchi

If you're seeing interlacing artifacts you should deinterlace/IVTC first.
Izuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 12:10   #722  |  Link
vigan1

Hello Mystery Keeper when I try to build vsedit I have this error on ubuntu 20.04 when I want to launch it :

I DID :
sudo apt install qtchooser (needed for qmake)
git clone https://bitbucket.org/mystery_keeper...nth-editor.git
cd vapoursynth-editor/pro
sudo qmake pro.pro
make -j4

Thank you.

Last edited by vigan1; 10th May 2021 at 12:15.
vigan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 12:36   #723  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

You somehow got it built as shared library instead of application. Sorry, I've got no idea what's the case. Might need to see, what happened to Qt, and update the project files.
Old 10th May 2021, 12:44   #724  |  Link
vigan1

Thank you.
Can you make an appimage for linux user ? Is it possible ? It would be so useful for us compared to Windows user we really have not a single way to have acces to great video tools. I can't get a temporal denoiser that work at 16bit. I know handbrake offer nlmeans but it can only encore to 12bit files. Blender do not provide noise reduction for video, only for renders. And shotcut is 8-bit timeline and render. Kdenlive is so buggy.

FFmpeg is perfect but BM3D implementation is only spatial and not temporal...

I wanted to use BM3D as a temporal denoiser (best open source denoiser) and only vapoursynth offer this option.

I know there is the flatpack but when I install it i have this issue :

Last edited by vigan1; 10th May 2021 at 12:50.
Old 10th May 2021, 16:48   #725  |  Link
Jukus

Quote:
It would be so useful for us compared to Windows user we really have not a single way to have acces to great video tools
The easiest way is to use Arch https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=vapoursynth The other thing is that using Arch can be tricky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's also https://deb-multimedia.org/
Jukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 17:38   #726  |  Link
vigan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukus View Post
The easiest way is to use Arch https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=vapoursynth The other thing is that using Arch can be tricky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's also https://deb-multimedia.org/
I used manajaro (gnome) a little bit before settling on ubuntu. Because it was a little more stable (sometime on manjaro the terminal would not open, and small little bug like this) but as I use ubuntu more and more there is also some bugs. So I might just go full arch linux in a near future.!!! The only thing I miss in ubuntu is the AUR from arch, it's the best thing that I found on linux. Ppa from ubuntu are not even as varied and as well maintained to be even fair.

By the way I tried the deb-multimedia before building vapoursynth and the editor, but it seems to only work on debian. Because it tells me there is a dependency that will never be satisfiable, and I tried looking for this libass9 on ubuntu it does not exist :

Last edited by vigan1; 10th May 2021 at 17:41.
Old 11th May 2021, 11:51   #727  |  Link
vigan1

HI guys is there a way to use vapoursynth without vapoursynth editor ?
Old 11th May 2021, 15:12   #728  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigan1 View Post
HI guys is there a way to use vapoursynth without vapoursynth editor ?
In what way ? Such as a preview for feedback ?

You can use vspipe to ffplay (or if ffplay has vapoursynth demuxer compiled, use it directly) , or mpv to preview
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2021, 15:54   #729  |  Link
vigan1

Thank you for the answer, I am on linux by the way. I would love to be able to preview with mpv (I use it on my system).

If I understand correctly VSPIPE is part of vapoursynth. I succesfully compiled vapoursynth on my system. Is there a tutorial on how to use it ?

But how can I run vapoursynth scripts now ? How can I even test to see if vapoursynth is installed correctly ?

EDIT : I just tested FFplay is on my install !
ffplay video.mp4
works fine !

Last edited by vigan1; 11th May 2021 at 15:57.
Old 11th May 2021, 16:59   #730  |  Link
Are_

Quote:
If I understand correctly VSPIPE is part of vapoursynth. I succesfully compiled vapoursynth on my system. Is there a tutorial on how to use it ?
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/getti...ut-with-vspipe
Quote:
But how can I run vapoursynth scripts now ? How can I even test to see if vapoursynth is installed correctly ?
Code:
vspipe --version
As you can see on the documentation page you can feed vspipe output to anything for encoding or previewing (as far as it supports y4m streams).

Ofc I still think vsedit is a better workflow for previewing anything as it can easily keep a given frame for preview if your only problem are those warnings I would just ignore them.
Are_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2021, 19:19   #731  |  Link
vigan1

Hi I think Vapoursynth is succesfully installed
Code:
vspipe --version
return this :
Code:
VapourSynth Video Processing Library
Copyright (c) 2012-2021 Fredrik Mellbin
Core R53
API R3.6
Options: -
I cant use vspipe with an rgb file it seems :
Code:
Error: Can only apply y4m headers to YUV and Gray format clips without alpha
I would love to use vsedit but I can't compile it on Ubuntu 20.04, I am waiting for Mystery Keeper to see if he can do something

Quote:
if your only problem are those warnings I would just ignore them.
Thanks. And no it's a flatpak version (flatpak are like apps running in a container), on this version I can't add library for it to find plugins (it seems it can't acces some folders on the system)

Last edited by vigan1; 11th May 2021 at 20:17.
Old 11th May 2021, 20:15   #732  |  Link
poisondeathray

You can pipe rawvideo with vspipe for RGB

Since there are no headers, you usually have to enter the info in the receiving application - such as the pixel format, fps, dimensions
Old 11th May 2021, 20:28   #733  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
You can pipe rawvideo with vspipe for RGB

Since there are no headers, you usually have to enter the info in the receiving application - such as the pixel format, fps, dimensions
eg. sample rgb script

Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()

clip = core.std.BlankClip(fpsnum=24, fpsden=1, length=1200, format=vs.RGB24, color=[0, 0, 0])
clip = core.text.FrameNum(clip)
clip.set_output()

vspipe to ffplay

Code:
vspipe script.vpy - | ffplay -f rawvideo -pixel_format gbrp -video_size 640x480 -framerate 24 -i -
Old 11th May 2021, 21:17   #734  |  Link
vigan1

Thank you so much. Here is what I want to do. I want to use BM3D at 16bit float internal processing, and send it to FFmpeg to be encoded to a 16bit float RGB PNG sequence. What should I do ?
I don't even know if the code for BM3D is ok.
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
import mvsfunc as mvf

core = vs.core
#core.max_cache_size = 8000

clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source=r"/home/desktop/input.mkv")
clip = mvf.BM3D(clip, sigma=60.0, profile1="fast", radius1=1) 

clip.set_output()
Code:
vspipe BM3D.vpy - | ffmpeg -i rawvideo -pixel_format gbrp -video_size 1920x1080 -framerate 30 output_%04d.png

Last edited by vigan1; 11th May 2021 at 22:34.
Old 11th May 2021, 22:39   #735  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Thank you so much. Here is what I want to do. I want to use BM3D at 16bit float internal processing, and send it to FFmpeg to be encoded to a 16bit float RGB PNG sequence. What should I do ?
I don't even know if the code for BM3D is ok.
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
import mvsfunc as mvf

core = vs.core
#core.max_cache_size = 8000

clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source=r"/home/desktop/input.mkv")
clip = mvf.BM3D(clip, sigma=60.0, profile1="fast", radius1=1) 

clip.set_output()
Code:
vspipe BM3D.vpy - | ffmpeg -i rawvideo -pixel_format gbrp -video_size 1920x1080 -framerate 30 output_%04d.png

Adjust the settings (vsedit would be nice for feedback) until you're happy. If you can't get vsedit to work, use ffplay or mpv. Otherwise you can't tell if you're using the correct settings (maybe to strong denoise, maybe too weak, maybe you need other filters like sharpen etc....)

After your filters, convert to 16bit RGB and pipe 16bit RGB instead of 8bit RGB . It would look something like this

Code:
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip, format=vs.RGB48)
The pixel format in ffmpeg would be "gbrp16le" instead of "gbrp"

For my earlier simple example it would look something like this
Code:
vspipe blankclip.vpy - | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pixel_format gbrp16le -video_size 640x480 -framerate 24 -i - -start_number 0 output_%06d.png
Old 11th May 2021, 22:53   #736  |  Link
poisondeathray

Another preview option is "view" from _Al_

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181553
https://github.com/UniversalAl/view
Old 12th May 2021, 21:20   #737  |  Link
vigan1

Thank you I tested your ffmpeg script and it works fine I have 16bit (integrer) PNG files. Each frame from a 1080p video is 6.2mb !!!! Almost impractical.
I will use it for short sequences (for long sequence I will encode to x265 10-bit) but it's true that rendering to see if the image is nicely processed is time consuming.
I reinstalled ubuntu and tried rebuilding vsedit, still no success..

I will try view.py. I hope it will work, instead of using vapoursynth-editor it seems it just need a Python IDE, I should past the vpy script there and clic "run" to make the view.py windows show up.
I will try to see if it works. Thank you for the suggestion and the help. You might see me back
Old 14th May 2021, 00:44   #738  |  Link
vigan1

Hi guys I have a good news.
Today I upgraded from ubuntu 20.04 to 21.04, and after many trials and error I could get everything running !
So Mystery Keeper nothing wrong with the code or QT it compiles fine on ubuntu 21.04. The problem must lie with the cumulative updates for 20.04 must have gotten wrong somewhere along the months.

I kept 20.04 up to date with many update, so it may work fine on an old 20.04 iso, but not on the updated version !!!!!!!!!!
And now on a fresh 21.10 :

I kinda find a bug on the vapoursynth build, but I need to confirm it :
- If i run : ./autogen.sh before ./configure : I can still make and sudo make install, but vspipe -v would not find vapoursynth installed. And vsedit would tell me it can't find the vapoursynth library.
I needed to run ./configure then ./autogen.sh to be able to install vapoursynth ! What do you think ?

Thank you to all of you who helped me !

Last edited by vigan1; 14th May 2021 at 09:50.
Old 14th May 2021, 08:56   #739  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Thanks. But I'm still wondering how could you build it as a shared library.
Old 14th May 2021, 10:02   #740  |  Link
vigan1

I don't know. But it's probably the QT libraries on 20.04.2 (the version I had after updates) which got corrupted along the way, maybe ? I followed the same steps on ubuntu 21 and it worked fine !

Maybe it's the small updates each 2 weeks or so, which corrupted QT, I will probably never update after a working install ever. If it works I will keep it that way and disable every update that may break a system. (ironically, much like I would do on windows 10 )

Almost 5 posts before I was talking about how Ubuntu is way more stable than Arch/Manjaro.......... I guess I was wrong, sorry Arch users, I will join you when I find the time !

EDIT : YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT, but minutes after I finished typing this post, I wanted to minimize firefox, and the whole system froze/bugged and I got logged out !!!! I know 21.04 swiched to wayland from Xorg, it might be why. But that timing ! it's almost like ubuntu got angry I wanted to switch to Arch lol.

Last edited by vigan1; 14th May 2021 at 10:14.