Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 25th August 2011, 15:13   #1  |  Link
vineet89

FFMpeg static build

Hey guys
I have been trying to build a decoder application on top of ffmpeg libraries(avcodec, avutil etc.). My final goal is to extract the decoded frames and pass it to another application. So I want to make this into one library who\se methods I can access

I am trying to compile a static build of using libavcodec headers. I created libavcodec.a and other .a files using ffmpeg configure and make options.

My main files does a basic call like av_register_all(). Then I try gcc -c main.c. And then gcc main.o libavcodec.a libavutil.a libavformat.a -o main.

It gives me a ton of errors, all undefined references in various parts of code. I remember doing this with .so libraries but cant figure out this one.

Please help!!
vineet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 06:55   #2  |  Link
J_Darnley

What other libraries were used in ffmpeg? libmp3lame for example. You need to link to those too. Watch which libs are linked to when ffmpeg is compiled then do the same yourself. Alternatively, use pkg-config, or read the *.pc files yourself.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compile, error, ffmpeg