Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 13th October 2020, 07:24   #1  |  Link
vcmohan

vcm a new plugin with many functions

vcm is a plugin that has all functions of vcmod, vcmove, vcfreq and vcMisc. A few more functions are also included. During upgradation of functions, some input parameters might have been changed. My plugins index page also reflect this change. In future I intend to update this plugin as and when necessary and keep the older plugins unaffected. The links to them however will not be in my index page.
Those functions that work in frequency domain need libfftw3f-3 dll in the path. It is dynamically linked so other functions that work in spatial domain need not have this dll.
I have a few days back added a new function ColorBox that gives an output similar to that of colorbars of avisynth. The output will be any YUV color (excepting half float) format.
I remember to have posted a thread about this plugin, but I fail to see it in search. So posted this again.
Old 13th October 2020, 10:57   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

vcmohan,
Perhaps this post a few days back (not thread):- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...51#post1925351

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmohan View Post
I have added a new function ColorBox to this vcm plugin.
It outputs boxes of colors in all YUV formats (except YUV444PH). The frames are output for 100 sec at fps 24. May be useful as colorbars of avisynth.
Perhaps you could not find due to searching for a thread.

Anyways, this is google search I used (D9 search would probably also work searching "vcm ", user "vcmohan", Posts.

Note below, "vcm " ===== "vcm" + SPACE.
GOOGLE:- "vcm " NEAR "vcmohan" site:forum.doom9.org
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=Z...4dUDCAw&uact=5

EDIT: D9 search on Thread Title ONLY containing "vcm" and posted by user "vcmohan",
finds only this thread and the link at top of this post.

To view all threads started by vcmohan, go to his Profile Page, click on Statistics.
Click "Find all threads started by vcmohan".

EDIT: I cant really post a link to "Find all threads started by vcmohan" as searches expire after a time
(maybe about 30 minutes or 1 hour), and so link will no longer work.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 13th October 2020 at 11:19.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 11:10   #3  |  Link
ChaosKing

You can also show all post by a user. Click on your nick and then on "Find More Posts by vcmohan"
Old 17th October 2020, 23:01   #4  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

fail build on linux

https://gist.github.com/sl1pkn07/859...ecfe1bbf391a42

greetings
Old 24th December 2020, 07:20   #5  |  Link
vcmohan

f2qBokeh and bokeh functions

I have added two new functions f2qBokeh that operates in frequency domain and bokeh that is in spatial domain. I understand that "bokeh" means to blur in Japanese. Many smart phones have this setting with camera.
A big difference between pics taken of birds, flowers or animals with high end cameras by seasoned photographers and taken by rest of us lies how the background appears vis-a-vis the object. Great pics have the background blurred beyond recognition in shapes similar to shape of Iris of camera, whereas ordinary pics show background with enough detail , though slightly blurred, to detract attention.
With a view to blur background more keeping in focus pic undisturbed these two functions are designed to operate. The metric used to discriminate in focus and out of focus parts are different in these two functions. Size of grid used and threshold play a key part in getting an acceptable result and so some experimentation using frameEval is required.
I have not yet posted the source code as I invite comments for improvement. As it is in my mind there are a couple of issues to be addressed. A link to a display of processed image
. Top left is input, right is heavily blurred image, bottom left is F2QBokeh output, Right has difference between input and output. This was obtained using avisynth+ platform but similar results can be expected on vapoursynth.
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:12   #6  |  Link
Selur

Any change to get a version of vcm that is not compiled with dependencies to MSVC C++ 2013?
(first I used an old vcmod.dll from 2016, but even http://www.avisynth.nl/users/vcmohan/vcm/vcm.7z from this year requires that old MSVC,...)
Ideally a static build or a runtime that comes with Windows 10 by default?

Cu Selur
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:41   #7  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Any change to get a version of vcm that is not compiled with dependencies to MSVC C++ 2013?
(first I used an old vcmod.dll from 2016, but even http://www.avisynth.nl/users/vcmohan/vcm/vcm.7z from this year requires that old MSVC,...)
Ideally a static build or a runtime that comes with Windows 10 by default?

Cu Selur
Sorry for it. I am using 2019 VC++. But it appears it goes to previous version as I recompile. May be I need to have afresh create a new project somewhere else and compile?
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:06   #8  |  Link
pinterf

Platform Toolset set to "Visual Studio 2019 (v142)" should be enough, in Project Configuration|General
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2021, 07:33   #9  |  Link
vcmohan

Thanks. I have changed that already and uploaded new version .
Old 6th March 2021, 07:33   #10  |  Link
Selur

looks fine thanks !
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:48   #11  |  Link
vcmohan

Added a function StepFilter. This removes HorizontalBars seen in some VHS tape conversions. While frequency domain versions f1quiver and f2quiver may yield better results for removal of such noise, this function is simpler to use. Some blurring may occur.
Old 29th May 2021, 08:35   #12  |  Link
vcmohan

All frequency domain functions were revised and new functions F1QClean and F2QLimit were added. The first charecter of names of all functions are changed to upper case, so as to conform to the Vapoursynth convention.
Bug reports and suggestions are very much welcome.
Old 29th May 2021, 21:08   #13  |  Link
zorr

Thanks, I find especially the frequency domain functions very interesting as I recently discovered they can be used for creating masks. You also have many other interesting plugins like Neural. I'd love to see more examples on how they can be used.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2021, 13:32   #14  |  Link
vcmohan

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to put examples for each function but that takes lot of space. I have limited space on my page.
About Neural, I am also disappointed at not being able to use. Possibly video processing is not linear maths only. In fact I have two more neural functions, but did not include them as I could not find any place they can be used.
Old 30th May 2021, 22:04   #15  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmohan View Post
I would love to put examples for each function but that takes lot of space. I have limited space on my page.
I see. What kind of arrangement do you have? Could you get more space? Disk space is cheap these days so it shouldn't be a problem to have a little more for these valuable contributions.

If that's not possible you could always host your images on free image hosts. I personally use https://postimages.org/. Of course they are not as reliable in principle but at least my images have stayed there for years.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2021, 08:09   #16  |  Link
vcmohan

My web page is graciously being hosted by avisynth for over a decade I was allotted 100mb. I did not ask for more. May be I will some time soon. Thanks for the link. The site probably shows some ads. It may be against the policy of this forum. I need to check.
Old 31st May 2021, 09:32   #17  |  Link
ChaosKing

You could also use github as a "hoster". Github pages (limit is 1GB) are static sites too. Everything is free.
You only need very basic knowlage of git + there are many guis for that. In addition you can also host your source code there, make relases and people can contribute more easily to your filter.

If you don't want to use github and still need more space I would happily give you some GB on vsdb.top with a subdomain of your choice.
Old 31st May 2021, 12:40   #18  |  Link
vcmohan

Thanks for the suggestion. I will explore Github. I thought it hosts only code and not html and images.
Old 31st May 2021, 13:11   #19  |  Link
ChaosKing

https://avs-plus.net is for example a Github Page (with a custom domain). The domain stuff is optional.
Old 31st May 2021, 14:35   #20  |  Link
vcmohan

Thanks. But it looks I will not be able to keep images on the GITHUB. Images require more memory than the code. I find I am at 82mb used out of 100mb space. Only thing I can think of now is to delete all images from avisynth 5 and 6+ versions and use the released space for avisynth+ and vapoursynth versions. In the tutorial on the GITHUB, it was stated that only text is allowed. Clearly images are out.