Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th July 2024, 08:37   #31821  |  Link
musiclover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Does anyone know of a program that can join MKV/M2TS files into a single MKV/M2TS? It turns out some of the discs I am working on do not have a play-all type playlist. At the moment that means I have to use VideoReDo to join them, but VRD does not work with sub-titles, so they are lost.

These are the videos that I have upconverting to 2160/25.

MakeMKV doesn't seem to have an option to do so.

Thanks.
MKVToolnix can do that. Right click on the file and choose append
Attached Images
 
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 08:52   #31822  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
MKVToolnix can do that. Right click on the file and choose append
Man... you'd really think someone called 'Mr. Video' would know about this...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 12:11   #31823  |  Link
gonca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,225
If your audio is THD then you have carry the THD + AC3 core and merge them at the end if you want to create a playable BD disc
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 12:57   #31824  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
MKVToolnix can do that. Right click on the file and choose append
I never use MKVToolnix. I always use the mkv program via the command line. It'll recompute the chapter marks as well as the subtitle timings?

UPDATE: No need to do a right-click. Just drag all of the files to be merged and go from there.

Last edited by MrVideo; 8th July 2024 at 13:50.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 13:00   #31825  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
If your audio is THD then you have carry the THD + AC3 core and merge them at the end if you want to create a playable BD disc
The audio is either plain DD or DTS-MA. All are from the DVDs and/or Blu-rays.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 17:23   #31826  |  Link
jellyhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Does anyone know of a program that can join MKV/M2TS files into a single MKV/M2TS? It turns out some of the discs I am working on do not have a play-all type playlist. At the moment that means I have to use VideoReDo to join them, but VRD does not work with sub-titles, so they are lost.

These are the videos that I have been upconverting to 2160/25.

MakeMKV doesn't seem to have an option to do so.

Thanks.
MKVToolNix (Append) or tsMuxerGUI (Join)
jellyhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 15:52   #31827  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I never use MKVToolnix. I always use the mkv program via the command line. It'll recompute the chapter marks as well as the subtitle timings?

UPDATE: No need to do a right-click. Just drag all of the files to be merged and go from there.
You can use mkvmerge.exe to create an MKV -- you just add plus signs between the multiple filenames and they will be appended to each other.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th July 2024 at 15:55.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 15:56   #31828  |  Link
Blurayhd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 241
How do you burn to disc those movies that you encode to bd25 with rebuilder? years ago I use IMGburn but I cant remember what options to set i ask this because when I try to play in some rerwritable disc player (in my case Play 3) cant play it
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 16:28   #31829  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
How do you burn to disc those movies that you encode to bd25 with rebuilder? years ago I use IMGburn but I cant remember what options to set i ask this because when I try to play in some rerwritable disc player (in my case Play 3) cant play it
I put a link (shortcut) on my desktop to IMGBURN. Here is what I added to the "Target" area of the properties:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE DEVICE /DEST G: /FILESYSTEM "UDF"/UDFREVISION "2.50"

My burner is drive G:

When it starts, just add the folder that contains the Blu-Ray file (BDMV, etc) and burn.

You can also select "Burn to Disc (with IMGBURN)" from the SETTINGS/OUTPUT OPTIONS menu in BD-RB if you want it to do it automatically at the end of the rebuild. You can tell it which drive to use with a hidden option:

IMGBURN_TARGET_DEVICE=s

s = Drive to use for burning with ImgBurn (ex: e:, f:, etc)
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th July 2024 at 21:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 20:48   #31830  |  Link
cartman0208
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
It has been in BETA, free, for about 15 years....
You mean ... almost as long as BD Rebuilder
Sorry, couldn't resist
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 22:30   #31831  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
You mean ... almost as long as BD Rebuilder
Sorry, couldn't resist
You have to go for a record in something!
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 22:38   #31832  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You can use mkvmerge.exe to create an MKV -- you just add plus signs between the multiple filenames and they will be appended to each other.
Thanks for the info.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 00:28   #31833  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
How do you burn to disc those movies that you encode to bd25 with rebuilder? years ago I use IMGburn but I cant remember what options to set i ask this because when I try to play in some rerwritable disc player (in my case Play 3) cant play it
After using IMGBurn for many years, I started to have trouble with it. So, I started using BurnAwareFree which I've used to burn probably well over 100 playable Blu-rays, as well as data discs with MKV files and also ISO files. I've never had one issue with it and it is free.

You just drop the BDMV/CERT files or the individual MKV's together or an ISO into the window and click 'Burn' Couldn't be easier...

HIGHLY Recommend it!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 13:47   #31834  |  Link
cartman0208
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
How do you burn to disc those movies that you encode to bd25 with rebuilder? years ago I use IMGburn but I cant remember what options to set i ask this because when I try to play in some rerwritable disc player (in my case Play 3) cant play it
From my experience rewritable discs do not play well on BD Players.
Did you try a one-time writable disc for comparison?
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 14:24   #31835  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
From my experience rewritable discs do not play well on BD Players.
Interesting. I've never had an issue playing rewritable BD discs in my BD players or my UHD player.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 15:06   #31836  |  Link
cartman0208
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 216
To be more specific ... it was a 100GB rewritable disc.
And of course it depends on the player ... and the writing drive.
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 15:29   #31837  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Interesting. I've never had an issue playing rewritable BD discs in my BD players or my UHD player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
To be more specific ... it was a 100GB rewritable disc.
And of course it depends on the player ... and the writing drive.
I've never had an issue either. But I don't think I've ever used a rewritable that was more than 25GB.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 17:06   #31838  |  Link
Blurayhd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 241
I dont know why I tried with diferent movies that are 2160p MKV to reencode in 1080p and I always get an error from BDrebuilder, and just for curious I tried with another tool and encode just fine

I so like to encode with Rebuilder but like I sayng when I select as source an 2160p mkv and alternate movie 1080p justs give me an error
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 19:55   #31839  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
I dont know why I tried with diferent movies that are 2160p MKV to reencode in 1080p and I always get an error from BDrebuilder, and just for curious I tried with another tool and encode just fine

I so like to encode with Rebuilder but like I sayng when I select as source an 2160p mkv and alternate movie 1080p justs give me an error
This happens during import?
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 21:26   #31840  |  Link
Blurayhd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
This happens during import?
No, this happens few seconds when reencode starts "Failed video encode", cancel
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.