Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th July 2024, 15:51   #321  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

I wondered about that, so I tried that some time after my post (I forgot to edit it, sorry), but the error messages are the same. Ahhh, the script is

Code:
SetFilterMTMode("Default_MT_Mode",2)
BlankClip(Pixel_Type="Y32")
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ov")
PreFetch(3
LouieChuckyMerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2024, 16:58   #322  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
I wondered about that, so I tried that some time after my post (I forgot to edit it, sorry), but the error messages are the same. Ahhh, the script is

Code:
SetFilterMTMode("Default_MT_Mode",2)
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ov")
PreFetch(3
Do you have folder "models" next to mlrt_ov.dll? https://i.ibb.co/CsGKkDj/Untitled1.png
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 00:33   #323  |  Link
kedautinh12

64 bit plugins must be in the System32 folder and 32 bit plugins must be in the SysWOW64 folder. Don't ask me why, ask Microsoft
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2024, 01:38   #324  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
Do you have folder "models" next to mlrt_ov.dll? https://i.ibb.co/CsGKkDj/Untitled1.png
Yes, the "models" folder (with the subfolder "dpir") is in my Plugins folder. For whatever reason, when I upgraded to AviSynth+ a couple years ago, the plugins in my "AviSynth 2.5/Plugins" folder still worked, so I never put any plugins in the (then) new folder "AviSynth+/plugins64" or "AviSynth+/plugins64+" folders.

So, I just tried copying all my plugins (and the "model" folder) to both of those folders, but the error messages are the same. I'm not sure what's wrong, but why did adding the gna.dll and all the openvino_"whatever".dlls to PATH make VirtualDub2 throw an error message?

Ahhh, I just tested a script I know works with VirtualDub2, and after the initial "KERNEL32.dll" error message, it seems to load fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
64 bit plugins must be in the System32 folder and 32 bit plugins must be in the SysWOW64 folder. Don't ask me why, ask Microsoft
I'd certainly like a bit of time alone with Bill Gates, ha ha.
Old 9th July 2024, 10:34   #325  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
Code:
Avisynth open failure: mlrt_ov: [IE Exception] ReadNetwork(): [ NETWORK_NOT_READ ]: Unable to read the model.  Please check if the model format is supported and model is correct.
Ok, I reproduced the error when I remove openvino_onnx_frontend.dll. Make sure you have this file in the path (in your case System32).

Quote:
Yes, the "models" folder (with the subfolder "dpir") is in my Plugins folder. For whatever reason, when I upgraded to AviSynth+ a couple years ago, the plugins in my "AviSynth 2.5/Plugins" folder still worked, so I never put any plugins in the (then) new folder "AviSynth+/plugins64" or "AviSynth+/plugins64+" folders.
avs-mlrt is 64-bit only - meaning the avs 64-bit chain must be used (64-bit previewer, 64-bit plugins, plugins64/plugins64+ auto loading folders, System32 is part of the 64-bit system path).

So mlrt_ov.dll 1.0.2 must be in plugins64 or plugins64+ (unless is loaded manually with LoadPlugin). The files (all of them) from openvino_dll.7z if placed in system path, they must be in System32.
Also don't mix openvino_dll.7z from one release version with mlrt_ov from other release version (no the case here but mentioning it just for info).

Edit: Moderator can move the posts from #301 (including) in own thread because are off topic.

Last edited by StvG; 9th July 2024 at 10:36.
Old 10th July 2024, 01:07   #326  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Ok, I reproduced the error when I remove openvino_onnx_frontend.dll. Make sure you have this file in the path (in your case System32).
I triple-checked; openvino_onnx_frontend.dll is in my C:/Windows/System32 folder (along with all the other openvino_.dlls {including openvino.dll}, the gna.dll, the onnxruntime.dll, and the tbb12.dll).

Quote:
avs-mlrt is 64-bit only - meaning the avs 64-bit chain must be used (64-bit previewer, 64-bit plugins, plugins64/plugins64+ auto loading folders, System32 is part of the 64-bit system path).

So mlrt_ov.dll 1.0.2 must be in plugins64 or plugins64+ (unless is loaded manually with LoadPlugin).
I'm loading it manually, which has changed things (see below).

Quote:
The files (all of them) from openvino_dll.7z if placed in system path, they must be in System32.
They're all there; triple-checked.

Quote:
Edit: Moderator can move the posts from #301 (including) in own thread because are off topic.
Thank you for remembering this; I'm sorry I forgot.

After manually loading the mlrt_ov.dll, I still receive the VD2 KERNEL32.dll error message--maybe not necessarily related to mlrt since it appears for scripts that didn't have an error message before beginning the current process--but after acknowledging the error message VD2 actually opens, but the screen looks like an LSD flashback with purples and greens that look more like a spectrum meter of some kind.
Old 10th July 2024, 06:55   #327  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Repeated this here: VD2's (build 44282) DIB decoder indeed chokes on Y32.
I have the script extended with
BlankClip(Pixel_Type="Y32").Subtitle("This is Reptttuunnioern !", size=30, align=5)
and get rendered a pink/green LSB Plane while AvsPmod Preview behaves correct.

If the script is extended with
ConvertBits(10) at the end: VD's DIB decoder sees [0][0][0][0], the result is rendered top-down, and Cyan instead of white.
ConvertBits(8) at the end: VD's DIB decoder sees Y800, this is rendered as expected.

(Note to self: Maybe I should move on to AvsPmod and finally get behind making my own encoder presets there.
Tools -> Script Encoder (CLI)
Here is one for the now ubiquituous ProRes HQ apch 10bit
Add these two lines into ffmpeg.presets
Code:
[ProRes HQ apch 10bit]
ffmpeg.exe -i "$video_input" -c:v prores -profile:v 3 -vf "format=yuv422p, setsar=sar=$par_x/$par_y" -c:a pcm_s16le "$video_output".mov

Last edited by Emulgator; 10th July 2024 at 07:16.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2024, 11:20   #328  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
I triple-checked; openvino_onnx_frontend.dll is in my C:/Windows/System32 folder (along with all the other openvino_.dlls {including openvino.dll}, the gna.dll, the onnxruntime.dll, and the tbb12.dll).
Do you pass the CPU system requirements from here?
If you pass them (the requirements) download Dependencies_x64_Release.zip, open DependenciesGui.exe, drag and drop openvino_onnx_frontend.dll and share a screenshot of the window.
Old 11th July 2024, 06:59   #329  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

I would appreciate some advice on trying to remove the "spots" & artifacts with this video.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3nww1...ample.mkv/file 142Mb
Regards
Old 11th July 2024, 15:23   #330  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Emulgator: I'll try to decipher your post this weekend .

StvG: I've an Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, which I somehow doubt is 33rd generation...
Old 11th July 2024, 17:21   #331  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
Emulgator: I'll try to decipher your post this weekend .

StvG: I've an Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, which I somehow doubt is 33rd generation...
Skylake is the minimum CPU that is officially supported.

Maybe you can have luck with mlrt_ort (mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort")).
Old 13th July 2024, 01:26   #332  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

StvG: Many thanks for your continued help. I'm trying to use mlrt_ort, but after trying to understand the readme

Quote:
For mlrt_ort(provider="cpu") - only onnxruntime_dll.7z is needed.
For mlrt_ort(provider="dml") - onnxruntime_dll.7z and dml_dll.7z are needed.
For mlrt_ort(provider="cuda") - onnxruntime_dll.7z and cuda_dll.7z are needed.
For all providers (mlrt_ort(provider="cpu/dml/cuda")) - onnxruntime_dll.7z, dml_dll.7z and cuda_dll.7z are needed.
(honestly, that's confusing, but all the .dlls from the three .7z files are in the mlrt_ort_rt folder) I'm having trouble with my script. I'm manually loading mlrt_ort.dll, and after the usual VD2 KERNEL32.dll error message, the script

Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort")
results in the error message

Quote:
Avisynth open failure:
mlrt_ort: failed loading "Path"/.../mlrt_ort_rt/onnxruntime.dll (the "mlrt_ort_rt" folder is in the same folder as the mlrt_ort.dll).
and, the script

Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort"(Provider="cpu"))

Quote:
Avisynth open failure:
Script error: 'string' cannot be called. Give me a function!
It's probably a simple solution, I just can't figure it out.
Old 13th July 2024, 06:43   #333  |  Link
anton_foy

mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort", Provider="cpu")
Should it be like this?

EDIT: misread and edited.

Last edited by anton_foy; 13th July 2024 at 07:04.
anton_foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2024, 10:01   #334  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
(honestly, that's confusing, but all the .dlls from the three .7z files are in the mlrt_ort_rt folder) I'm having trouble with my script. I'm manually loading mlrt_ort.dll, and after the usual VD2 KERNEL32.dll error message, the script

Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort")
Download Dependencies_x64_Release.zip, open DependenciesGui.exe, drag and drop onnxruntime.dll and share a screenshot of the window. Here my output - https://i.ibb.co/NKdGd6W/Untitled1.png

Quote:
and, the script

Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend="ort"(Provider="cpu"))

It's probably a simple solution, I just can't figure it out.
Backend parameter must be either string or array.
The correct syntax is:
Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend=["ort", """provider="cpu" """])
Btw CPU is the default provider for mlrt_ort.

Edit: You can try mlrt_ov 1.0.1 (make sure to download the corresponding openvino_dll.7z too). It uses older OpenVINO version than the latest mlrt_ov so it could work on your CPU.

Last edited by StvG; 13th July 2024 at 10:08.
Old 13th July 2024, 19:49   #335  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Download Dependencies_x64_Release.zip, open DependenciesGui.exe, drag and drop onnxruntime.dll and share a screenshot of the window. Here my output - https://i.ibb.co/NKdGd6W/Untitled1.png
Here's my output.

Quote:
Backend parameter must be either string or array.
The correct syntax is:
Code:
mlrt_DPIR(Backend=["ort", """provider="cpu" """])
Btw CPU is the default provider for mlrt_ort.
Oooweeee!

Quote:
Edit: You can try mlrt_ov 1.0.1 (make sure to download the corresponding openvino_dll.7z too). It uses older OpenVINO version than the latest mlrt_ov so it could work on your CPU.
Thanks for the idea; I'll try it if the latest version is proved to be impossible.
Old 13th July 2024, 20:52   #336  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
What Windows do you use?
Old 13th July 2024, 21:06   #337  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

I'm sorry, Windows 7 SP1. Ahhh, and I learned that my kernel32.dll x64 is from 2020, so I found the latest but need to figure out how to replace it (Unlocker show a couple dozens processes; seems very popular).

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 13th July 2024 at 21:09. Reason: Information, Information.
Old 13th July 2024, 22:32   #338  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
I'm sorry, Windows 7 SP1. Ahhh, and I learned that my kernel32.dll x64 is from 2020, so I found the latest but need to figure out how to replace it (Unlocker show a couple dozens processes; seems very popular).
Don't bother. Min Windows 10 is required.
Old 13th July 2024, 22:48   #339  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

D'oh! And thank you very much for the effort, StvG, I really appreciate it. Two questions:

1) Any idea why I'm now receiving the KERNEL32.dll error in VD2, even with scripts that I know are (well, were) OK before I started playing with mlrt?

2) Any suggestion for a good DeBlock plugin-filter for AviSynth?

EDIT: And thanks for showing me Dependencies, it seems more straightforward to me than Dependency Walker.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; Yesterday at 00:38. Reason: More; Grammar & Syntax
Old Yesterday, 10:12   #340  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
2) Any suggestion for a good DeBlock plugin-filter for AviSynth?
Dogway has a collection of deblockers in his script package. A simple (and fast) Deblock_QED might already be enough for most purposes.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=182881

Tags
denoise, despot, prefilter