Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th December 2002, 11:04   #221  |  Link
a3ternus

Just wanted to say thanx...

Thanx for your time Gabest...WMPClassic is really great...
A3TeRnuS.213
Old 11th December 2002, 11:14   #222  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

@gabest,

could you tell me more about the channel matrix, how to use it ?

I don't know why people still downloading WMP while there is MPC.
Good work Gabest
ookzDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2002, 11:24   #223  |  Link
gabest

Horizontally are the inputs and vertically the outputs. Whereever you place a check mark those two will be connected together. As a common usage you can check 1-rightfront and 2-leftfront to exchange the output on some badly configured stereo speakers.
Old 11th December 2002, 17:08   #224  |  Link
Safai

okay... maybe 'cuz i have "allow interaction with realmedia files" on? i can reproduce this with asf or divx (i have not tried rm though)

is the fix on your site?
Old 11th December 2002, 17:17   #225  |  Link
gabest

The problem was that when the filter graph sent a notification event about the video frame size changing, I also set the default window zoom level. On my system it was only happenning with rm and dvd but it may arrive from any renderer at any time. And yes, this is supposed to be fixed in the new release
Old 11th December 2002, 17:46   #226  |  Link
Safai

thanks. will test that out tonight.

one question about the audio channel matrix, if i set it to 1-rightfront and 1-leftfront, will the "left" channel be sent to both speakers? meaning i want to play only the left (or right) channel on both speakers... (for those dual language avi where the left channel is one language and the right channel is another language)
Old 11th December 2002, 18:56   #227  |  Link
gabest

Yes, and you can mix more channels to one speaker too.
Old 12th December 2002, 06:24   #228  |  Link
Safai

works great!!! good work!!!
Old 12th December 2002, 07:51   #229  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

@gabest,

Thank you for the channel matrix explaination,
it's very cool feature!

Btw, there is a way to save the speaker configuration for
the "Intervideo Audio Filter" I did set it to 5.1 from the filter properties, but somehow it will always reset to 2 speaker (dolby) after I restart the MPC.

Thank you.
Old 12th December 2002, 11:26   #230  |  Link
iago
retired

Hehe, your new avatar is very nice btw! (Sorry to shift off-topic!)
iago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2002, 11:29   #231  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
Originally posted by ookzDVD
Btw, there is a way to save the speaker configuration for
the "Intervideo Audio Filter" I did set it to 5.1 from the filter properties, but somehow it will always reset to 2 speaker (dolby) after I restart the MPC.
I only know about one registry key, but I'm not sure if it works with every version. The checkbox on the dvd page in the options will query the number of speakers you have set in control panel, and will adjust this reg key to it. Make sure you didn't forget to change the speaker config from the default stereo to 5.1.
Old 13th December 2002, 05:55   #232  |  Link
ookzDVD
DVD Rebuilder!

Quote:
Originally posted by iago
Hehe, your new avatar is very nice btw! (Sorry to shift off-topic!)
Thank you I just crop it from other website.

@gabest,

Sure, I did change the Windows's speaker setting through the control panel to 5.1. But not reboot yet, still downloading...
I'll try to reboot and check again.
Thank you.

Last edited by ookzDVD; 13th December 2002 at 08:56.
Old 13th December 2002, 19:08   #233  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by masken
Real has always been good at low bandwidth codecs, but their software is on the edge of illegal regarding spam, spy, and general annoyancelevel

The last time I installed the evil of a thing, I counted over 30 dialogues/checkboxes/options to remove all the "startcenter", pop-up things, and autostart crap
Yes, we know! and as developers we were embarrassed at what the marketing people forced into older RealPlayers.

But things have changed. Everybody has realized there are very strong negative feelings about what you describe, and we really want to improve. In that respect, the latest RealOne v.2 is much better than older RealPlayers, and on OS X, it's downright wonderful. On Windows though you still have to do the following, which isn't too bad, but still could have been better (and it will be soon):

1) Choose Custom Install
2) Uncheck all the boxes you don't like for stuff on the desktop and quicklaunch bar. Personally, I only leave one box for one shortcut on the desktop, but that's my preference, of course.
3) Check only the media types you want it to play. For you, probably the least possible. The box for "maintain media type preference", should be unchecked by default, but if it isn't, uncheck it
4) Start RealOne, go into Tools->Preferences->Automatic Updates, and uncheck everything there.

As you can see, particularly items 2), 3) and 4) are things the Windows version still needs to improve upon.

Now if you use MPC, you don't need to do anything more, but if you would like to use RealOne once in a while, go into Tools->Preferences->General and set On startup display to "Player only". That way, no browswer, and it starts much quicker. That's about it. If you don't like to View clip info while playing music, Select View->Album Info->Hide.

Now, please don't hesitate to provide suggested improvements (or flames for that matter), and I can forward to our consumer team.

Media Player Classic is a great player! I have it installed myself, and it plays the latest RealVideo like a champ, which by the way looks great at all bitrates
Old 14th December 2002, 13:58   #234  |  Link
Gforce_Ti

@gabest

I have a problem with some older divx311 encoded AVIs as it play as an audio file with ver 6.4.1.0 & 6.4.1.1 but with Media Player Classic 6.4.0.6 i have no problems.

Rgs, John
Gforce_Ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2002, 18:17   #235  |  Link
pandv

Bug Report (cosmetic only)

Thanks for the properties menu.

I have a little bug report.

It's maybe related with the change in the behaviour of the control bar in fullscreen. Before, if I let the mouse over the control bar, the bar remained in screen. Now, after the especified time, the bar dissapears.

Procedure to reproduce the bug.

- Open a movie an play it.
- Go to fullscreen.
- Right Click and select ffdshow (or maybe another filter).
- Accept (you don't need to change anything in ffdshow). Before to accept let the bar disapears.
- Now you have the bar with the status in the left (playing), the two speakers in the right, but no actual time/total time before.

pandv
pandv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2002, 21:52   #236  |  Link
bbq@KL

4-speaker
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InterVideo\Common\AudioDec]
"Audio"=dword:00000004

6-speaker
"Audio"=dword:00000005

S/PDIF
"Audio"=dword:00000006

The settings for iviaudio.ax should stick after modifying the registry.

BTW, ffdshow and TomsMoComp are not that great. Sometines they tend to crash MPC and ZoomPlayer. CPU usage is quite high since ffdshow breaks DxVA of video decoders.

VMR-9 + Radeon should be pretty good for deinterlacing but I have no idea why there is a really annoying diagonal line that kinda ruins the picture. Combing is very minor but the diagonal line problem affects both 24p and 30i sources. What the heck
bbq@KL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2002, 01:20   #237  |  Link
gabest

bbq@KL:
Quote:
VMR-9 + Radeon should be pretty good for deinterlacing but I have no idea why there is a really annoying diagonal line that kinda ruins the picture. Combing is very minor but the diagonal line problem affects both 24p and 30i sources. What the heck
Isn't this some kind of vsync problem?

pandv: Fixed.

Gforce_Ti: Could you connect graphedit to mpc and see what filters are there?

karl_lillevold: It can play the latest realvideos, because it is using the sdk. Though it was a "real" pain to adjust all those header files for vc7, it is still a lot better than what quicktime has Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your dshow compatible filters you talked about in another thread here at doom9. Any idea about the release date?

New version up:
http://download.vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc98me6412.zip
http://download.vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc2kxp6412.zip

Last edited by gabest; 15th December 2002 at 01:41.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2002, 02:38   #238  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by gabest
karl_lillevold: It can play the latest realvideos, because it is using the sdk. Though it was a "real" pain to adjust all those header files for vc7, it is still a lot better than what quicktime has Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your dshow compatible filters you talked about in another thread here at doom9. Any idea about the release date?
Hmm, according to the chat I saw on the helixcommunity IRC, it was not hard to get the Helix client to compile for VC7, so I think those header files changes are included now.

With regards to directshow filters, I think I must have been unclear. That was about the input directshow reader for producer... soon to be supporting YV12 for those using AVISynth 2.5.
Old 15th December 2002, 02:49   #239  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
Originally posted by karl_lillevold
Hmm, according to the chat I saw on the helixcommunity IRC, it was not hard to get the Helix client to compile for VC7, so I think those header files changes are included now.
Hm, it can be, but I'm still using the sdk I downloaded about half a year ago. The interface definitions do not change, and I'm already happy with my cleaned up header files
Quote:
With regards to directshow filters, I think I must have been unclear. That was about the input directshow reader for producer... soon to be supporting YV12 for those using AVISynth 2.5.
Ah, ok.
Old 15th December 2002, 06:56   #240  |  Link
Gforce_Ti

Thanks gabest its ok with the new ver of MPC.
Gforce_Ti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic