Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 17th December 2007, 20:18   #61  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

I don't think it's actually available to buy by the public. It's an industry product (part of a package I think) and costs a good few grand.
Shakey_Jake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 20:26   #62  |  Link
Turtleggjp

I was afraid of that. I had no intention of buying it after reading the EAC3to thread, but then I found out that it does work well for DTS stuff. I'm about to jump into Blu Rays here pretty soon (thanks to the LG dual format reader), and I see that many Blu Rays have DTS soundtracks, so I figured I should be ready for it. Not for a few grand though.
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:40   #63  |  Link
sarah99

I have just discovered that versions of Haali splitter after v1.7.189.11 will not allow playback of HD-DVD .EVO files containing MPEG-4 AVC encoded content

For HD-DVDs and the .EVO files
Haali 1.7.401.3 doesn't play MPEG-4 AVC
Haali 1.7.359.22 doesn't play MPEG-4 AVC
Haali 1.7.189.11 does play MPEG-4 AVC (http://www.anymp4.com/download.php)

These HD-DVDs include
Transformers, Star Trek, Shooter
sarah99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 23:26   #64  |  Link
slaman

sarah99, do you suggest enabling the "Force 25FPS in media" as an option... I'm noticing that playback is jittery on certain scenes...
slaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 23:33   #65  |  Link
sarah99

I have never used that option
sarah99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 19:40   #66  |  Link
sh4dow

i recommend using coreavc v1.6.0.0 instead of the cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder.

i have an x2 4800+ and with the cyberlink decoder, it wasn't possible to play an hd-dvd without stuttering. i also tried ffdshow, the sonic cinemaster video decoder and some "h264 standard decoder" (can't remember the name exactly) - the results didn't even vary a lot. ok, the last one was the worst by far, but the amount of stuttering with cyberlink, ffdshow and sonic cinemaster was pretty much the same.

now i just tried out coreavc and it managed to play the file without any stuttering whatsoever - cpu usage at 80-90%.
i just love coreavc... unfortunately, v1.3 (which was at least faster than v1.5 - i didn't compare it to v1.6. though) seems to have problem with h264 on hd-dvds (at least with the movie i tried, i got heavily distorted images), so try getting v1.6 if you experience problems.

but i have to say... the fact that only the sonic cinemaster audio decoder works with those ac3 streams sucks... a lot!
is there a way to at least restrict usage of it to .evo-files only? because the media subtype is the same as with the ac3 streams of .mkv-files i have - with which ac3filter does work.
sh4dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 20:55   #67  |  Link
BD-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2078 View Post
So am I hearing this correctly, there is no way to passthrough the signal with Sonic?

I am having troubles with powerdvd and getting it to use SPDIF and that is the reason why I am trying to get this to work, but if it can't pass through a multi-channel signal over SPDIF, this is no good.

What would be the best way to get the non-decoded signal out SPDIF into my receiver?
Did you ever get this working? Sounds like you are having the same problems as me. I can actually get Nero8 to output DTS when the source m2ts file has a DTS-HD track - but I dont want to use Nero8 as the player :-(

I could also get DTS audio over SPDIF using the Haali splitter, but it screwed up all my other video playback (picture shearing etc)

I think the issue is at the point where the streams get split - but I am guessing really
BD-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 17:06   #68  |  Link
bbaythav

Stuttering problem for Bluray

Sh4dow recommended using coreavc v1.6.0.0 instead of the cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder to resolve a stuttering problem on HD movies, but will this solve the stuttering problem for Bluray? I will have to try it once I get coreavc.

Is anyone else having a slight stuttering problem with Bluray? If so, any suggestions to resolve it?
bbaythav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 03:49   #69  |  Link
slaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaythav View Post
Sh4dow recommended using coreavc v1.6.0.0 instead of the cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder to resolve a stuttering problem on HD movies, but will this solve the stuttering problem for Bluray? I will have to try it once I get coreavc.

Is anyone else having a slight stuttering problem with Bluray? If so, any suggestions to resolve it?
Yes... I cannot get 24p playback to work smoothly in MPC. I have abandoned my hopes of using it to playback Bluray and HD DVD files and have started using ArcSoft TotalMedia and PowerDVD
slaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic