Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 23rd June 2011, 22:34   #1  |  Link
plomon
123kid

Capturing from Hauppage USBLive2 WinTV device !!!

I have a Hauppage USB Live 2 video capture device installed on two machines one with WinXP and other with Windows 7 OS. The capture device is connected to a Q-See QSICC2PK video camera through a composite cable. So, the source for the USB Live 2 capture device is Composite.

The device works absolutely fine when I use the WinTV 7 software that comes with it.

The following screen shot shows the proof that WinTV 7 software is able to capture from the USB Live 2 device:

The following are my settings in the WinTV 7 software:

But, my goal is to record both video and audio using the mencoder or ffmpeg CLI (CLI is a major requirement here). So, I downloaded the latest mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg for Windows. I tried recording using ffmpeg according to the method shown here. It is recording the video, but not the audio. Also, how is there is a way to tell ffmpeg to stop the recording if I want to, instead of pressing Ctl+C on the command-line? And, I still haven't figured out how to record using mencoder. Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 24th June 2011, 00:33   #2  |  Link
jmac698

GBRecord
http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=7680.0
jmac698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture, hauppage, usblive2, windows 7, windows xp