Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th June 2015, 11:40   #11  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Hollander View Post
I have a collection of over 40 3D bluray movies (left eye first).
some of these original 3D blu-ray's have right eye first.

Blu-ray's Sammy, Drive Angry , dolphin tale, en Prometheus.

When I play these movies the 3D effect seems to be reversed. The best way that I can explain it is that the part of the movie that should be in the foreground is in the background and the background appears to be in the foreground. This effect makes the movie un-watchable.

Pushing the menu you have an option reverse the right eye with the left eye, and then it's oke.
It's exactly the symptom of the left and right views inverted.

In a BD (or ISO), there is a flag in the MPLS file that tells if the two views are in the standard order: main view (AVC) = left view and dependent view (MVC) = right view, or in the opposite order. The BD player must read that flag and send the views to the TV in the correct order. BD3D2MK3D uses that flag to invert the views when it's necessary, and produces always the SBS or T&B file with the "left view first" (to the left in SBS, and on top in T&B), because it's now obviously the well established standard. You can examine the order of the two views in tab 1 of BD3D2MK3D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Hollander View Post
Is this a bug from the mede8er it's don't correct its zelf and play it wrong?
Can't handel the mede8er these blu-ray's with right eye first?
I have the 600x3D with 4.1 beta fimware.

here is an option that it can be adjusted so that it will provide the good display?
I heard with encoding the output gives Left eye first instead of right eye.
is there any way without re - encoding to get it well?
Sorry, but this thread is not dedicated to the mede8er players or to any other hardware player. It seems that your player has a (big) bug and ignores the "right view first" flag, but I can't confirm. Please post your questions or report the bug in the mede8er forum, not here. Thanks.

And, no, there is (probably) no way to solve the problem without re-encoding the movie or fixing the firmware of your player. I suggest to re-encode the movie with BD3D2MK3D, and you'll get the views in the correct order. If THAT doesn't work as expected, then post a message here. But I will not reply any more to questions not related directly to BD3D2MK3D.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th June 2015 at 11:51.