Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 2nd June 2010, 14:39   #1  |  Link
Dreadkillz

Using HCEnc to encode mp4 gives output in halftime

Hi,

I'm trying to encode recordings that I made from my h264 camcorder. The video file I'm working with is a 720x480 in 60i mp4 file. I am using HCEnc to encode to mpeg2 to prepare for DVD backup. The only important setting in HCEnc that I've touched is the interlace setting. I've set the source to interlaced and field order as TFF. The problem with my output is when I playback the m2v file in media player classic home cinema, the player shows the total duration and total frames as half as that of the original mp4 file; otherwise, the video plays at normal speed like the original source (29.976 fps). I'm really at a crossroad here and would like any help on this matter.

My avisynth script file is as follow:

ffvideosource("sdv_0010.mp4")

p.s. This is my first DVD backup project, and boy it is giving me a headache.

Last edited by Dreadkillz; 2nd June 2010 at 14:51.
Dreadkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:12   #2  |  Link
txporter

Replied in your thread on Videohelp.com as well, but I think the problem you are seeing is that you are playing a m2v file. Remux into a mpg container and see if your problem still exists.
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:51   #3  |  Link
Dreadkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Replied in your thread on Videohelp.com as well, but I think the problem you are seeing is that you are playing a m2v file. Remux into a mpg container and see if your problem still exists.
Thank you for your suggestion. I was unable to find the mplex application and I've instead used tsmuxer to mux the m2v file to m2ts. The resultant file now has the correct time duration, and it seems to have no other problems. Thanks for the help.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:18   #4  |  Link
txporter

I believe that I got my copy of mplex.exe from HCBatchgui. If m2ts is working for you and you are fine with it, then just go with that.
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:16   #5  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

I suggest to you to use AVStoDVD and see how a DVD compliant AVS script and a HCenc.ini file are generated. It is a good way to learn how to write your own script or batch apps.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:19   #6  |  Link
Dreadkillz

Ah excuse me, but I actually meant to say that I muxed to .ts. Yes, everything is working fine now, thanks.

Tags
camcorder, half, hcenc, interlaced, mp4