Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th February 2023, 05:38   #2021  |  Link
simple_simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Move z_convertformat after IVTC. "colormatrix" or similar applied on fields can cause similar issue, because it's applying a progressive transform while still organized in fields. There is an interlaced=true/false switch , but I believe it's non functional. Better just to move it
(slaps forehead) I should have realized that would cause a problem converting colorspace before detelecine. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. That fixed it.
simple_simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2023, 15:27   #2022  |  Link
Tempter57

Dogway

I am sorry, but you could not edit Stabilization Tools Pack.avsi and enter there function StabPlus2 ()
Tempter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2023, 16:25   #2023  |  Link
Arx1meD

Dogway, ex_autolevels for Avisint 3.7.3 only?
Arx1meD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2023, 17:13   #2024  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempter57 View Post
I am sorry, but you could not edit Stabilization Tools Pack.avsi and enter there function StabPlus2 ()
It was a proxy name, there's nothing special about it so you can name it how you want.
Code:
# https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1981048#post1981048
function Stabilize(clip c, int "offset", bool "info") {

in = Default(info, false)
    of = Default(offset, 40)

c
    vectors = MSuper().MAnalyse(isb=false)
    mdata   = MDepan(vectors, rot=false, zoom=false, error= 65)

DePanStabilize(data=mdata,dxmax=of, dymax=of, zoommax=0, rotmax=0, method=1, mirror=15, prev=1, next=1, info=in)
    }
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arx1meD View Post
ex_autolevels for Avisint 3.7.3 only?
Yes because it uses SceneStats() which itself requires PlaneMinMaxStats() with 'average' support which was a late addition.

-------------------------

In conversations in Github I recommended an edge masking for anime alternative to FlatMask() and more similar to VapourSynth's detailmask() sometimes surpassing it. It uses a combination of lumamask() and ex_edge() with final mask merging.

Code:
LC = ex_unsharp(2,Fc=width()/4)     # increase local contrast
LM = lumamask(LC,30,70,invert=true) # luma mask

ex_edge("frei-chen",lo=4,hi=25)

ex_expand(mode="disk")
ex_deflate()
ex_smooth(2,mode="SG")

ex_blend(LM,mode="overlay") # Improve edge masking with luma mask reinforcement

Last edited by Dogway; 9th February 2023 at 18:16.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2023, 18:57   #2025  |  Link
Tempter57

Dogway

Thank you, but in my opinion it would be possible simply in StabPlus to set thanks dxmax=20, dymax=20, to refine image stabilising on a bush
Tempter57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2023, 02:37   #2026  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post

I have a 1920 x 960 clip I would like to downscale to 1280 (by whatever it is supposed to be), and if I use this call :-

Code:
video=deep_resize(video,1280,flat="nnedi3",grain=0,qual=2)
It errors with a Line 259 error in Resizers Pack.

https://github.com/Dogway/Avisynth-S...Pack.avsi#L259
What is the exact error message?

Quote:
But if I change it to :-

Code:
video=deep_resize(video,1920,flat="nnedi3",grain=0,qual=2)
It works...
It should work, because nothing is being resized at 1920 width - a no-op ie. Filter is bypassed. It's the same as not including it.

This works for me, resulting in 1280x640 (2:1)

Code:
video=blankclip(width=1920, height=960, pixel_type="YV12")
return video
So deep_resize script is ok. It means the issue is with your specific video or setup - maybe some props issues in the src video (you can try clearing them), also make sure scripts/dependencies are up to date
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2023, 02:55   #2027  |  Link
kedautinh12

I was said you need add height for correct result you expect. If not, result won't 1280x720 if your source not 16:9
kedautinh12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2023, 03:09   #2028  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Hello again, PDR....

I don't want to have to manually add the width & height....

It's not "manually adding width and height" per se - It's a test script making a blank clip with the same dimensions as your example to debug the script. To test if the deep_resize script itself works - It does, so that's ruled out as the problem

I can encode the blank clip, then load it without entering anything - and it works too. So again, the problem is not deep_resize - it's something either with your setup or your video

When you debug something you break it down into parts ,examine each step

Quote:
But this seems to work:-

video=ConvertBits(video,16)
video=deep_resize(video,1280,edge="SSIM2")[/CODE]

I added these (in red), to get the last line to do it's thing
Obviously this is a different script. Do you no longer care about the old one ?

And you still didn't answer the question about exact error message, but if you don't care, then ignore

Quote:
So let me ask you this, if I load this 1920 x 960 clip into RipBot and ask it to do a resize down to 1280 x 720, it changes it to 1280 x 692, when it should actually be 1280 x 640 ???
Not sure what Ripbot does, I don't really use it.

You can examine the temp files and log to see what it's really doing

Quote:

Would that be an Avisynth problem, or the way the resizing has been written into RipBot. ??
Not an avs problem
Old 11th February 2023, 03:41   #2029  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

No error msg, other than referencing line 259, and that's where I got the idea for those extra calls & dependencies
Did you try moving the seekbar in mpchc ?

Quote:
No, it's still that script from the previous page, I just needed to add those calls...
Not really, do these look the same to you?

Code:
vs
Code:
video=ConvertBits(video,16)
video=deep_resize(video,1280,edge="SSIM2")

Quote:
Well, it must be the way Atak wrote the resizing functions, then.
It is. It says so in the brackets. "1280x720 [1,85:1 AR]"

1280x720 is achieved by resizing to 1280x692 (1280/692 = 1.8497 - close enough to 1.85 AR), letterbox borders added to get 1280x720 - this is in the script when you select that preset
Old 11th February 2023, 03:57   #2030  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Come on PDR, one didn't downscale, and the other does...simple, TMWOT.
If it's the same source video, both should be downscaling

Quote:
Quote:
It is. It says so in the brackets. "1280x720 [1,85:1 AR]"

1280x720 is achieved by resizing to 1280x692 (1280/692 = 1.8497 - close enough to 1.85 AR), letterbox borders added to get 1280x720 - this is in the script when you select that preset
But not when it should be 1280 x 640 !!!
The preset is doing what it says it would do.

1280x720 [2:1 AR] would take 1920x960 and resize to 1280x640 with letterbox borders 40px top & bottom each to achieve 1280x720

Anyways, it has nothing to do with Dogways filters or avisynth. You should discuss in ripbot thread
Old 11th February 2023, 04:19   #2031  |  Link
kedautinh12

You can read document about AddBorders, this code will add black boredrs to change 1280x640 to 1280x720
Code:
video=deep_resize(video,1280,640,flat="nnedi3",grain=0,qual=2)
video=AddBorders(video,0,40,0,40)
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddBorders
Old 11th February 2023, 04:21   #2032  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Code:
If I change that 1280 to 1920, it does work, as it's a 1920 source....wasn't this the problem I had with deep_resize a couple of weeks ago ??
If you change it to 1920, it's a no-op - so the line is by passed. So it does not really "work"

Yes I think it's a similar issue to what you 've had in the past, but you never answered dogway's questions directly either...

When you ask for help, usually you should make an attempt to answer questions...otherwise people will be less inclined to help

Quote:
But this call does NOT work for me.
That's what I was trying to help debug...

Quote:
What preset are you referring to ??
The hypothetical preset that would solve your specific video situation . The preset you want should say 2:1 AR - but there is none with that AR included in the default ripbot. The one you selected gives you the expected result (not what you want, because it's the wrong preset). Maybe you can hack it to include others, or maybe you can add a custom option
Old 11th February 2023, 04:31   #2033  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
I don't want to start adding borders.
There is a custom preset [x,xx:1] included in ripbot. You can just enter the values such as 1280 , 640 . This would have no borders and the correct DAR of 2:1 .
Old 12th February 2023, 00:12   #2034  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post

It's DCT flicker, or in other words low frequency temporal "noise", motion and luma flicker just makes it worse. You can take a lowpassed version, temporally denoise it (tricky) and add it back to source. In any case using a radical approach like with temporalsoften prefilter works, I'm going to test with other forms of hardcore prefilters. For best results stabilize your clip motion and luma flicker beforehand then fix DCT flicker.
Thank you very much for those scripts and the explanation.
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2023, 07:51   #2035  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
I was playing around with trying to get MPC-BE to work in RipBot, and I played the preview of the clip I was having problems with, and it displayed a pretty comprehensive error message
error messages should be the 1st step to solve all your avs problems. Nearly impossible to debug without error messages

"There is no function named 'SSIM_downsample'"

Just "google" the error message, you don't even have to ask or post unless google doesn't have an answer

https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynthPlu...ownsample.avsi

Quote:

When using this call on a 1920 clip:-

Code:
But change that 1280 to 1920, no more error message

Of course, this has been mentioned several times, but several different people - the 1920 is a no-op. It's like deleting the line, or commenting out the line

1280 gives you the error message, because you're missing the SSIM_downsample function. (ie. check your prerequisites )
Old 12th February 2023, 08:13   #2036  |  Link
kedautinh12

@TDS Or you can use Dogway's SSIM_downsample
https://github.com/Dogway/Avisynth-S...tyMetrics.avsi
Old 12th February 2023, 19:37   #2037  |  Link
Dogway

@TDS, could you open your own thread? The last 8 pages or so have been completely yours with mostly RipBot and basic AVS usage questions, going in rounds like a dog trying to catch his own tail, double posting and whatnot. It's going to be suffering for future readers.

For anyone reading, proper discussion ended in first half of page 96, with some break in previous page (page 104) for luma deflicker.

On another note, I'm finishing SMDegrain documentation, will probably promote it to v4.0.0 and call it "finished".

Last edited by Dogway; 12th February 2023 at 19:52.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2023, 01:18   #2038  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
@TDS, could you open your own thread? The last 8 pages or so have been completely yours with mostly RipBot and basic AVS usage questions, going in rounds like a dog trying to catch his own tail, double posting and whatnot. It's going to be suffering for future readers.

For anyone reading, proper discussion ended in first half of page 96, with some break in previous page (page 104) for luma deflicker.
Hi Dogway,

I think you're being quite unfair at singling me out for all these "non related" post's, it takes 2 (or more) to tango !!!

It started out as a legit question about deep-resize, and it just went on & on from there.

I do recall mentioning that this should go to the RipBot264 thread, but it didn't.

I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus, but it should be very obvious who the main protagonist's were.

I'm sorry I'm not as experienced or as knowledgable as the ppl involved (and yourself), so it takes me a little while for it to sink in.

So to save you further embarrassment of my posts, I have removed some 62 that were "off topic".

Unfortunately by doing so, it leaves a LOT of posts that are now pointless & irrelevant, so maybe they need to be removed, as well.

I honestly appreciate the endless development of your tool's, and they have been a game changer for me.

But I would doubt you will see anymore posts from me, in this thread, in the future.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...16#post1981416 first WARN !!!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...03#post1981903 second WARN !!!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...04#post1981904 legit question about deep-resize

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2023, 07:12   #2039  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

You could have asked for a moderator to move them to a separate thread, which they will happily do if requested.
Old 13th February 2023, 23:50   #2040  |  Link
johnmeyer

The guy hijacks this thread, complains about being singled out and treated unfairly but, oh by the way, he then deletes 62 posts.

Everyone has their own definition of what it means to hijack a thread, but 62 posts about things not related directly to Dogway's amazing filter packs is pretty much the definition of hijacking.

Dogway did the right thing by asking him to start his own thread. That is precisely what should be done when someone goes off topic. This is especially true of this thread which, because his filter packs are so popular, is now over 100 pages in length. We most definitely do not want to have to wade through several pages of posts that are irrelevant to the topic when we want to find out something about Dogway's software.
johnmeyer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, dogway, filters, hbd, packs