Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th October 2014, 23:56   #1  |  Link
normann

MPEG2Source freezes after Windows 7 reinstall

Hi

I've just reinstalled my Windows 7 workstation and all programs and now MPEG2Source doesn't work in AVISynth. I have been using AviSynth 2.5.8 and DGDecode without any problems in the old Windows installation, but that's over now.

I have tried both AviSynth 2.6.0 and 2.5.8 with the same problem occurring and it doesn't matter whether i put DGDecode.dll (v1.5.8) in AviSynth's plugins directory or if I load it from elsewhere with LoadPlugin(). If I trim my .avs file down to only on line loading a newly created .d2v (from DGIndex) with

MPEG2Source("file.d2v")

then AviSynth hangs, both when loaded from MPC-HC, VirtualDub or ffmpeg, and I have to kill the parent process.

I'm (just like before) running Windows 7 64-bit and the 32-bit official builds of AVISynth and the most recent 32-bit versions of MPC-HC, VirtualDub and ffmpeg.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong or what I should do to debug this situation? Google hasn't been able to help me yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jan
normann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, dgdecode, mpeg2source