Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th March 2017, 22:58   #3061  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

The about screen for MPC-HC should contain the exact hash. That should be useful to pin-point things .
Old 28th March 2017, 14:05   #3062  |  Link
clsid

Try disabling the "Global Media Keys" option in MPC-HC. I don't seen any obvious changes in the code between .40 and .56 related to key handling.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 18:00   #3063  |  Link
Tier777

I did, but no change. That's what makes it so weird.
Same bug in MPC-BE btw
Tier777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 06:11   #3064  |  Link
rico001

Mpc-hc

I have Miami Vice set on Blu-Ray from Fabulous Films. Unfortunately they added too much contrast so i wanted to restore proper colors.

In MPC-HC Right click->"Renderer Settings" -> "Output Range" change from 0-255 to 16-235 option has no effect at all. No matter which setting is selected, My graphic card is ATI Radeon X1600 Series.

Thank You for help!
rico001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 03:09   #3065  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
Using latest versions of madVR 89.19 and Emby for WMC (Windows 7 Professional). With MPC-HC 1.7.10 after refresh rate switching by madVR (windowed overlay mode) then video hangs and does not play. Video will play after closing then re-starting MPC.

Refresh rate switching when using MPC-HC 1.7.9 works with video playing fine after refresh rate switching.

Has anyone else seen this, better still have a solution for it? I have also posted this in the madVR forum, but I suspect it is more of an issue with the latest version of MPC-HC than madVR
Exact same issue with MPC-HC 1.7.11, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and latest version of madVR. There has been no response to my post about this in the madVR forum, but I still suspect it is more of an issue with the latest version of MPC-HC than madVR. Does anyone have a solution for this?
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 14:19   #3066  |  Link
Garringo

I would like to use MPC-HC to take screenshots (from Blu-Rays) that look as close to the source as possible. And I'm stupid.

I have taken the same shot with several different players and there is a noticeable difference between them in regards with the color red.

In the following image

http://imgur.com/a/sjIqF

1. Mplayer (bt.601 as I can't seem to be able to take them in 709)
2. MPC-HC with ffdshow with both high quality rgb conversion & dithering off.
3. MPC-HC ffdshow with both hq rgb conversion and dithering on
4. mpv
5. virtualdub (bt.601)

Does the higher quality rgb conversion in MPC-HC (and whatever the mpv and virtualdub use) make the red letters look better than what is actually on the disc? So the first two would be closer to the source? Or is the non-high quality conversion so shitty it makes it worse?
Garringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:19   #3067  |  Link
oddball

Currently the only way to play HDR content correctly without converting to SDR is to use Win10's Film & TV player. I am hoping at least one decent player/renderer fixes this. I suspect it requires output via DX12 which renderers like MadVR don't use AFAIK.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 13:35   #3068  |  Link
nsnhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Currently the only way to play HDR content correctly without converting to SDR is to use Win10's Film & TV player. I am hoping at least one decent player/renderer fixes this. I suspect it requires output via DX12 which renderers like MadVR don't use AFAIK.
Is your Film & TV able to play 4k 10-bit hevc clips ? Mine was able to do that before creators update, now on CU it reports error 0xc00d6d6e, though it plays VP9 HDR clips fine.
nsnhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 16:22   #3069  |  Link
GMJCZP

Thank you for having this wonderful player.

I would like to make two observations:

- When playing mp3 files with front and back cover, the program gives priority to show the back cover, when it should display the front cover by default.

- If possible, in options you could choose which cover to display by default.

Thanks once again.

GMJCZP's Arsenal
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 00:56   #3070  |  Link
GMJCZP

I was analyzing this case better and the problem with MPCHC is that it shows the last saved cover, it is not if it is front or back cover. The program, I repeat, should give you preference to display the front cover, regardless of the order allocated in memory, such as WMP.

GMJCZP's Arsenal
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 10:05   #3071  |  Link
khanmein

Should I disable all the Internal Filters? (Source & Transform)

Thanks.
khanmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 13:11   #3072  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi all, ok my english is not good
i use always mpc-hc with MadVR and Lav filters.

My HTPC is a i5 750 (socket 1156), 6GB DDR3, ssd 120gb, nvidia 1050

why when i play 4k hdr video/movie , the movie snaps or i
if I try to send it back it hangs?

is a CPU/motherboard problem or software, suggestions?
thx
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 15:47   #3073  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It may be a problem with longer GOPs and the seek mode (fast vs. accurate). Try to switch this option: Fast seeking will seek to the closest GOP start, where decoding can start immediately, but it may be not exactly where you wanted to seek to; accurate seeking will decode from the previous GOP start to the exact seek position, which may take some time if your seek position is far away from a GOP start. And decoding HEVC is slow (assuming that 4K movies are encoded in HEVC).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 15:59   #3074  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
It may be a problem with longer GOPs and the seek mode (fast vs. accurate). Try to switch this option: Fast seeking will seek to the closest GOP start, where decoding can start immediately, but it may be not exactly where you wanted to seek to; accurate seeking will decode from the previous GOP start to the exact seek position, which may take some time if your seek position is far away from a GOP start. And decoding HEVC is slow (assuming that 4K movies are encoded in HEVC).

hi and thx, i'll check it.
Anyway, i dont have to change CPU, Motherboard and Ram, correct? my 1050'd handle the 4k hdr movie!!

yes theh 4K movies are encoded in HEVC.

Sometimes when the movie/clip in 4k start ,
the video begins with obvious slowdowns and when i try to seek another position, the player die, lol
Old 28th April 2017, 12:20   #3075  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
hi and thx, i'll check it.
Anyway, i dont have to change CPU, Motherboard and Ram, correct? my 1050'd handle the 4k hdr movie!!
this is definitely software problem how about refresh your htpc "reset default settings"
and you use latest version and driver check it with this ?
MPC-HC.1.7.11.13
madVR v0.91.9
LAVFilters 0.69.0-43
NVIDIA 381.89
Old 28th April 2017, 15:13   #3076  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
this is definitely software problem how about refresh your htpc "reset default settings"
MPC-HC.1.7.11.13
madVR v0.91.9
LAVFilters 0.69.0-43
NVIDIA 381.89
ho well, thats a great idea, damn me i didnt do it before lol
i'll try when at home and i'll let you know!

thx to confirm thats a software problem!!!
Old 28th April 2017, 15:19   #3077  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayra View Post
MPC-HC.1.7.11.13
madVR v0.91.9
LAVFilters 0.69.0-43
NVIDIA 381.89
suggestion on best MPC-HC settings? thx again!!!
Old 5th May 2017, 05:20   #3078  |  Link
FarQueue

I'm having an issue with MediaInfo integration in MPC-HC. The analysis is taking a long time (over a minute sometimes) on certain files. The whole program locks up if you try and do anything while MediaInfo is loading. I'm not having this problem with other players that use MediaInfo (MPC-BE or PotPlayer) or MediaInfo itself.

The problem seems to have been introduced in 1.7.10.296 and remains in the current stable and nightly versions.
FarQueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 03:30   #3079  |  Link
Perenista

I am having an unusual problem here... been using in Windows 10 64 bit an USB dongle 4.0 and the AirPods. They work fine, but if I use MPC-HC or even VLC and select another audio track other than the main one (example: a dubbing instead of the English track), the audio is muted and even the YouTube stream is muted. And if I switch back to the first track now it becomes muted.

The only fix is to close the player and reopen, however I'll continue to be unable to listen to the alternate track, the dubbing, or audio commentary for example. And the file checked is a Matroska lossless from Blu-ray.

Do you have any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

P.S. I paired the AirPods with the USB dongle, and repaired just to make sure. Still happening.

P.P.S. I made an important discovery: if Bluetooth is disabled in Windows settings, then I open the video and switch to the dubbing/alternate track and enable Bluetooth and the AirPods again, the track will be heard. But if there's a manual switch from me to another track from the same file, the bug occurs AGAIN and it's all muted until I close and reopen the player. That proves to me that it's the mere switch that causes all this. Do you guys have any idea why?

For more info about the dongle:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...#post-24549191

Update (June 5):

The bug was only fixed after I updated Windows 10-64 bit (Creator's Update). It was not the dongle's fault!

It's working as it should now! And it was affecting all players before, not just MPC.

Last edited by Perenista; 6th June 2017 at 03:40.
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 03:41   #3080  |  Link
JarrettH

Will there be a new nightly?

Btw, the "call for help" is attached to the bottom of the 1.7.11 news post, which you have to click into. Surely nobody will see it.

Last edited by JarrettH; 7th May 2017 at 03:43.
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc