Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 28th December 2015, 10:44   #2441  |  Link
Vyral

My only problem with the new internal audio renderer is that it doesn't work with madVR (I think it's a problem of synchronization between audio and video).
However, I have no problem with my laptop that use EVR-CP (internal audio renderer stereo - exclusive mode).
Old 28th December 2015, 12:43   #2442  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Also, if you ever worked in professional development, you should know that the "ideal" situation never actually happens.
Often you are driven by deadlines or financial demands which in the end will cause you to weigh the enhancements against the known flaws. A "perfect" software product just doesn't exist anywhere.
It's so true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyral View Post
My only problem with the new internal audio renderer is that it doesn't work with madVR (I think it's a problem of synchronization between audio and video).
It works for me. What's your problem exactly?
Old 28th December 2015, 15:04   #2443  |  Link
Vyral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
It works for me. What's your problem exactly?
I activate the new internal audio renderer by choosing "8: Internal Audio Renderer" in the dropdown in Playback > Output > Audio Renderer, is it correct ? Because this is where the problem start.
Then in Internal Filters > Audio Renderer, in Device, I have System Default, I checked Exclusive mode and unchecked Allow bitstreaming.
Audio Switcher isn't enabled.

Video and Audio are ok during playback and when seeking during playback. However, when I pause, the audio enters a loop. Resuming playback or exiting MPC-HC doesn't break the loop, but playing another file stops the previous audio playback to start the new one (with the same problems).

I've only tested with exclusive mode, I should test it again without.

EDIT : Just tested without exclusive mode and it works. Maybe something is missing in my madVR settings to allow audio playback in exclusive mode.

Last edited by Vyral; 28th December 2015 at 18:56.
Vyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 14:27   #2444  |  Link
DMD

Hello and greetings to all the year-end and good start to 2016.

Sorry for the trivial question, I created a lossless MKV files from my copy of Blu-ray 3D Avatar, this is the mediainfo video section.
As you can see from the profile format, you select the 3D files with MakeMKV.
Code:
Video
ID: 1
Format: AVC
Format / Info: Advanced Video Codec
profile format: Stereo High@L4.1 / High@L4.1
MultiView_Count: 2
Shape settings, CABAC: Yes
Size Settings, reframes: 3 frame
Shape settings, GOP: M = 3, N = 24
Codec ID: V_MPEG4 / ISO / AVC
Duration: 2h 41min
Bit rate: 31.8 Mbps
Width: 1,920 pixels
Height: 1,080 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 16: 9
Frame rate mode: Constant
Frame rate: 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space: YUV
Chroma sub-sampling: 4: 2: 0
Bit Depth: 8 bits
Scan type: Progressive
Bits / (Pixel * Frame): 0.639
The track size: 35.9 GiB (99%)
English language
Default: No
Forced: No
What I do not understand is that playing with MPCHC, plays it the same way as a 2D files with no difference.
Even with a normal monitor display should not get a "busted"?

Thank you
DMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:00   #2445  |  Link
sneaker_ger

In a 3D BluRay you have two streams: normal AVC for one eye and an MVC addition for the second eye. I assume MPC-HC can only play the AVC stream, at least out-of-the-box. That's why it appears to be a 2D file.
If you want 3D either:
1. re-encode these files to a single side-by-side/top-bottom stream to make it work in 2D players using e.g. BD3D2MK3D or
2. use Stereoscopic Player
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:21   #2446  |  Link
DMD

Here you should always have a file containing both video streams, so that you can view it in both 2D and 3D?

Thank you
DMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 19:26   #2447  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

MPC-HC usually decodes using LAV FIlters, and they will probably omit the MVC difference, only decoding the AVC base.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 02:51   #2448  |  Link
tahaa7

What is the difference between selecting "2: Speakers <device name>" and "8: Internal Audio Renderer" in Options, under Playback -> Output? Specifically, are both of those renderers capable of WASAPI Exclusive (bit-perfect) output?
tahaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 03:16   #2449  |  Link
huhn

only the internal audio filter can do WASAPI
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:09   #2450  |  Link
Blackfyre

Hi Devs; and everyone;

I wanted to make a request regarding a feature that I hope to see added in a future version. I don't often make requests around here, but sometimes they turn out to be handy

So I was watching a show on my PC (connected to my TV) and a scene popped up in the show that I didn't want my nephew to see (under the age of 15). Video was in 1920x800, so I have the subtitles set up in the bottom black bar. Instead of exiting full-screen exclusive mode (running through Madvr) --> minimizing --> muting --> then going back when the scene was over... and then SVP has to reinitialize itself... I was hoping a shorcut key (user-customized) could be added to heavily blur or darken (overlay) a certain section of the screen as well as mute the player.

So for example for me, the blur-zone (blur strength can be customized) would be the majority of the screen except the area where the subtitles show up (sometimes it's important to read what is being said during such moments). Be it scenes too violent or scenes too sexual for minor audiences.

I think this is a great idea Thanks for a great program, you don't have to do this, but it would be greatly appreciated if you did (boy it would be embarrassing if the feature is already there and I've just typed all of this for nothing).
Blackfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 01:03   #2451  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
I was hoping a shorcut key (user-customized) could be added to heavily blur or darken (overlay) a certain section of the screen as well as mute the player.
Well, you can blur with shaders, shaders don't affect subtitles and you can switch shaders with shortcut keys, so...

Simple 3x3 blur shader (based on sharpen shader): http://pastebin.com/ACqLgtLX (save as Blur.hlsl and put into Shaders dir).
Open Shaders in mpc-hc, save empty preset. Then add lots of new Blur shader (since 3x3 blur is not strong enough) and save it as another shader preset.
Now set "Next Shader Preset" shortcut in Keys and you're done.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 09:24   #2452  |  Link
Blackfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
Well, you can blur with shaders, shaders don't affect subtitles and you can switch shaders with shortcut keys, so...

Simple 3x3 blur shader (based on sharpen shader): http://pastebin.com/ACqLgtLX (save as Blur.hlsl and put into Shaders dir).
Open Shaders in mpc-hc, save empty preset. Then add lots of new Blur shader (since 3x3 blur is not strong enough) and save it as another shader preset.
Now set "Next Shader Preset" shortcut in Keys and you're done.
That's a great idea. Thanks I already set it up. But it's extremely heavy on performance. Running SVP with my custom settings, as well as Madvr with custom higher quality settings and applying 20x blur and darkening results in a massive drop in frames.

Still thank you and I'll be using this method until such feature is added (whenever that may be). Maybe I could edit the code for blur.hlsl to make it stronger.
Old 2nd January 2016, 09:28   #2453  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

You can use the blur method from LumaSharpen which should be quite a bit faster.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 17:03   #2454  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Here's 2-pass blur shader with much larger radius (16), it should be much faster at the same strength.
BlurX http://pastebin.com/pcbjTm8v
BlurY http://pastebin.com/vgh11XM2
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:16   #2455  |  Link
rodrigo081089

Today i was trying to watch a movie, but when i opened the mpc it says the direct access wasnt there. So i installed it again and i had the same problem.

Now i can see in the malwarebytes the mpc is in quarantine and it says ransom.filelocker.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
rodrigo081089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:50   #2456  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089 View Post
Today i was trying to watch a movie, but when i opened the mpc it says the direct access wasnt there. So i installed it again and i had the same problem.

Now i can see in the malwarebytes the mpc is in quarantine and it says ransom.filelocker.

Looks like Malwarebytes just-released definitions (1-02-2016) are flagging MPC-HC as ransomware. Considering 1.7.10 has been released since November and nobody has had a problem with it encrypting all their files, I'm going to hazard the guess that it's just a false positive.
It flags mine which I got right off the MPC-HC site a couple months ago, so it's not even a problem with any codec pack site (CCCP or K-lite) going rogue. It's flagging the legit MPC-HC as malware.

Just take it out of quarantine and whitelist it for now.

Why are you even running Malwarebytes' real-time checker?
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:51   #2457  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089 View Post

Thanks
It's a false positive and it's already fixed by MBAM team. Just update to their latest db. More info here.
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:57   #2458  |  Link
rodrigo081089

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
Looks like Malwarebytes just-released definitions (1-02-2016) are flagging MPC-HC as ransomware. Considering 1.7.10 has been released since November and nobody has had a problem with it encrypting all their files, I'm going to hazard the guess that it's just a false positive.
It flags mine which I got right off the MPC-HC site a couple months ago, so it's not even a problem with any codec pack site (CCCP or K-lite) going rogue. It's flagging the legit MPC-HC as malware.

Just take it out of quarantine and whitelist it for now.

Why are you even running Malwarebytes' real-time checker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBm View Post
It's a false positive and it's already fixed by MBAM team. Just update to their latest db. More info here.
Thanks to both
rodrigo081089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 16:40   #2459  |  Link
Blackfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
Here's 2-pass blur shader with much larger radius (16), it should be much faster at the same strength.
BlurX http://pastebin.com/pcbjTm8v
BlurY http://pastebin.com/vgh11XM2
Thanks a lot for this, it helped a lot.

If there's a way to make the subtitles not get affected by the blur/darken/grayscale effect that I've added, that would be great.

Aka subtitles not affected by shaders and are rendered on top of the shaders (not under them).
Old 6th January 2016, 00:38   #2460  |  Link
raymondjpg

Using latest versions of madVR 89.19 and Emby for WMC (Windows 7 Professional). With MPC-HC 1.7.10 after refresh rate switching by madVR (windowed overlay mode) then video hangs and does not play. Video will play after closing then re-starting MPC.

Refresh rate switching when using MPC-HC 1.7.9 works with video playing fine after refresh rate switching.

Has anyone else seen this, better still have a solution for it? I have also posted this in the madVR forum, but I suspect it is more of an issue with the latest version of MPC-HC than madVR
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc