Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 3rd November 2021, 22:48   #4581  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I'm also waiting for it since 2018 now
Why U no autoload? There are no plugins that ruin your day like that other unnamed competing application does.
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:09   #4582  |  Link
ChaosKing

I autoload !!!!1111
But for software where I want to use a specific version of let's say ffms2, autoloading is preventing me of loading my version (or you need to use VS portable version). This is one example https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176231
Old 4th November 2021, 05:48   #4583  |  Link
Selur

@Myrsloik: because I want to be sure that:
a. no libary gets loaded twice
b. the libaries I need are loaded
c. when hunting for problems switching libaries to check whether the problem was caused by a libary update is easier when I just have to change the script.
this is a pain when users start to mix the plugins that I provide with Hybrid with some they installed from other sources. Being able to disable autoload simple allows to keep control.

Cu Selur

Ps.: libimwri filter is not autoloaded on MacOS, which is why l33tmeatwad included the old version with its installer (see: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...62#post1956162)

Last edited by Selur; 4th November 2021 at 15:09.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 23:50   #4584  |  Link
poisondeathray

Another alpha channel question for r57; A prores video with alpha channel , loading with LibavSMASHSource.

Quote:
setVideoInfo: Video filter LibavSMASHSource has more than one output node but only the first one will be returned
In old R5x versions you could specify clip[1].set_output() for the alpha node, but it looks like it's not even loaded by the source filter
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 00:02   #4585  |  Link
poisondeathray

What is the setup for portable python/vapoursynth setup for accessing "site-packages" folder ?
Old 6th November 2021, 09:12   #4586  |  Link
ChaosKing

For python portable you can control which site-packages to use / access via a path file "python39._pth"

Here's the file I use for my portable fatpack
https://github.com/theChaosCoder/vap.../python39._pth

this way I can put all vs scripts into Scripts and the python stuff are Lib\site-packages. You can add as many folders as you want I think.
Old 6th November 2021, 10:02   #4587  |  Link
Yomiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
2. It's an array where you list all the nodes and in which order you will request frames from them to generate the output.
A stupid question:
To what extent does the order matter? For example, if I had vnodes v1 and v2 in the dep list, but v2 was derived by invoking a plugin with v1. What might happen if v1 and v2 were declared in the wrong order?
Yomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 13:52   #4588  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
In old R5x versions you could specify clip[1].set_output() for the alpha node, but it looks like it's not even loaded by the source filter
I like to know that too how to get the alpha channel.
Old 7th November 2021, 04:22   #4589  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
For python portable you can control which site-packages to use / access via a path file "python39._pth"

Here's the file I use for my portable fatpack
https://github.com/theChaosCoder/vap.../python39._pth

this way I can put all vs scripts into Scripts and the python stuff are Lib\site-packages. You can add as many folders as you want I think.
Works, thanks

What I wanted to do is keep an installed version ,and portable version, but use the portable version for testing purposes and not have to double up on everything . (I was able to edit the path to a custom one)
Old 7th November 2021, 20:54   #4590  |  Link
DTL

pinterf suggest to ask Vapoursynth developers about largepages usage and skipping in the last builds. What was the reason of skipping use of large pages in the last builds ?

As I see it is hard to allocate on running windows enough number of large pages after system and applications running because of memory fragmentation. So for general use in user-ring frequently start and end application for the large allocations it possibly not applicable. And to set ring-0 driver for allocation most of RAM as large pages at boot time mean to lost this memory from all other system and may be not user-friendly for desktop PC.
Or may be special helper process of defragment memory at windows runtime required and immediate gathering defragmented physical parts for application as large pages.

I tried to make avisynth mod with allocating large pages for frame buffers and for unknown reason the performance of MDegrain was lower. But for small vectors buffer of about 1 2 MB LP size it looks like help to reduce TLB reload and runs a bit faster at large frame size.

So may be at current time the use of small amount of large pages for highly loaded random access small buffers is good but for most of RAM for large processing simply not possible or slower ? I hope there is not performance penalty on mixing use of 4 kB and large pages in one process.

Last edited by DTL; 7th November 2021 at 20:57.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2021, 07:40   #4591  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomiko View Post
A stupid question:
To what extent does the order matter? For example, if I had vnodes v1 and v2 in the dep list, but v2 was derived by invoking a plugin with v1. What might happen if v1 and v2 were declared in the wrong order?
Order doesn't matter in the list.
Old 8th November 2021, 07:43   #4592  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
I like to know that too how to get the alpha channel.
Use PropToClip on the output. But at the moment alpha simply gets stored as the _Alpha property. Maybe I should actually do that internally in these filters.
Old 8th November 2021, 07:45   #4593  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL View Post
pinterf suggest to ask Vapoursynth developers about largepages usage and skipping in the last builds. What was the reason of skipping use of large pages in the last builds ?

As I see it is hard to allocate on running windows enough number of large pages after system and applications running because of memory fragmentation. So for general use in user-ring frequently start and end application for the large allocations it possibly not applicable. And to set ring-0 driver for allocation most of RAM as large pages at boot time mean to lost this memory from all other system and may be not user-friendly for desktop PC.
Or may be special helper process of defragment memory at windows runtime required and immediate gathering defragmented physical parts for application as large pages.

I tried to make avisynth mod with allocating large pages for frame buffers and for unknown reason the performance of MDegrain was lower. But for small vectors buffer of about 1 2 MB LP size it looks like help to reduce TLB reload and runs a bit faster at large frame size.

So may be at current time the use of small amount of large pages for highly loaded random access small buffers is good but for most of RAM for large processing simply not possible or slower ? I hope there is not performance penalty on mixing use of 4 kB and large pages in one process.
No measurable performance benefit. At all. So when things were reworked the feature got cut. You can still play around with it in the API3 builds if you don't believe me.
Old 8th November 2021, 16:54   #4594  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Use PropToClip on the output. But at the moment alpha simply gets stored as the _Alpha property. Maybe I should actually do that internally in these filters.
_Alpha is apparently not loaded by LSmash ; and there is no "alpha=True" switch.

Quote:
setVideoInfo: Video filter LibavSMASHSource has more than one output node but only the first one will be returned
The same .dll loads the alpha in vapoursynth R54, and is accessible with clip[1].set_output()

Code:
clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(r'prores4444.mov')
alpha = core.std.PropToClip(clip)
alpha.set_output()
Quote:
vapoursynth.Error: PropToClip: no frame stored in property: _Alpha

PropToClip works ok with imwri as source for images, alpha=True
Old 8th November 2021, 18:35   #4595  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
vapoursynth.Error: PropToClip: no frame stored in property: _Alpha
Yup, same here works fine with imwri, doesn't work with lsmas.LibavSMASHSource.
Old 8th November 2021, 21:52   #4596  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Yup, same here works fine with imwri, doesn't work with lsmas.LibavSMASHSource.
Needs to be updated for API4 then. Poke the author.
Old 8th November 2021, 23:05   #4597  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Needs to be updated for API4 then. Poke the author.
It works with vA.3g , (vapoursynth only release) by AkarinVS

https://github.com/AkarinVS/L-SMASH-Works/releases
Old 9th November 2021, 19:05   #4598  |  Link
Selur

good find:
https://github.com/VFR-maniac/L-SMASH-Works no updates the last 2 years
https://github.com/enccc/L-SMASH-Works no updates the last 4 years
https://github.com/HolyWu/L-SMASH-Works no updates the last 6 month and is read only
seem like https://github.com/AkarinVS/L-SMASH-Works is the only repository that is seems active,...
Old 11th November 2021, 02:59   #4599  |  Link
Yomiko

How can I get a list of available output indices via vsscript api?
Yomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 13:52   #4600  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomiko View Post
How can I get a list of available output indices via vsscript api?
You can't. Trial and error is the only way. Note that I only ever use index 0 for video/audio and 1 for audio (when both are present).

Realistically you can test the first 100 outputs in no time and call it good enough if you want to allow fast switching for comparisons and stuff.

Tags
speed, vaporware, vapoursynth