Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 21st February 2016, 21:51   #21  |  Link
manolito

Sounds like you encoded your source with AVStoDVD and then used DVDStyler for the menus and authoring. Is that right?

AVStoDVD can detect an audio delay which is already present in the source and (if you ticked the option) it can also correct this audio delay automatically. This is quite reliable, but only if your DirectShow filters are either ffdshow or LAVFilters.

If the Microsoft filters are used, this will virtually guarantee that you will get audio sync problems. When using AVStoDVD it is absolutely essential to change your Preferred DirectShow Filters from Microsoft to LAV (or ffdshow). You can do this within A2D (under Codecs-> Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup), or you can use an external tool (Win7 DS Filter Tweaker).

But now that the damage is already done you have several options to correct the audio delay. If your finished DVD only has one VTS (this is the DVDStyler default) then the easiest option is to use a tool called DelayCut to change the audio delay without reencoding the audio. The procedure goes like this:

1. Determine your audio mismatch value. I found it to be the easiest way to play the DVD with MPC-HC. During playback use the + and - keys on the numeric keypad to correct the audio delay. Write down the value. (VLC also has a menu option to change the audio delay during playback.)

2. Demux the VOBs from your finished DVD structure. DGIndex does this nicely, Rejig is also a good candidate.
IMPORTANT: The first VOB file must be VTS_01_1.VOB. Do not use VTS_01_0.VOB, this VOB just contains your menu.

3. Open DelayCut (use the latest version 1.4.3.7), import the demuxed audio file and enter the delay value you have determined. (You should tick 'Preserve Length'). Save the processed audio file.

4. I hope that you have saved your DVDStyler project file. Open it and use the video and audio elementary streams as input. (In the DVDStyler configuration I recommend to check 'Use Mplex:Yes' because for muxing elementary streams Mplex does a much better job than ffmpeg).
Under the source file properties (right-click the source in the time line at the bottom) make sure that 'Copy' is selected for both audio and video. Start the project. There should be no reencoding, DVDStyler should start right away with the muxing step.

4.a Instead of using the elementary streams as the DVDStyler input you can of course also mux the streams first before feeding them into DVDStyler. Mplex or Imago can do this. Then you do not have to care about the 'Use Mplex:Yes' option in DVDStyler. Still make sure that 'Copy' is used for both audio and video.

Good luck
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 22nd February 2016 at 03:41.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:23   #22  |  Link
thetrueavatar

Oh man thanks for the hint !! Microsoft filters where configured... I have switched to LAV and no more delay after the encodr ! I truly hope this is my last step and that I could provide a last this DVD

Last edited by thetrueavatar; 22nd February 2016 at 20:58.
thetrueavatar is offline   Reply With Quote