Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 24th June 2017, 04:07   #44181  |  Link
ABDO

hi madshi , The authors of SRCNN have published another paper about accelerating SRCNN(FSRCNN).now it can run in real-time performance
http://mmlab.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/projects/FSRCNN.html
ABDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 04:33   #44182  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
To be fair I have little luck with at 1080ti at 2GHz playing those using LAV and MadVR, driving me crazy since I think there should be enough processing power.
ERIC
is super sampling active?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 13:58   #44183  |  Link
clsid

For those with performance issues:
First reset the settings. That will undo all silly performance killing changes that you may have made, like supersampling.

Press Ctrl+J to display the OSD. Look at the details that are shown and first check if the algorithms that are used match with what you expect.

You can show extra details by creating an empty folder called ShowRenderSteps in the installation folder of MadVR.

Post a screenshot if you need help.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 20:56   #44184  |  Link
plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDO View Post
hi madshi , The authors of SRCNN have published another paper about accelerating SRCNN(FSRCNN).now it can run in real-time performance
http://mmlab.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/projects/FSRCNN.html
old news and it largely advantage anime related stuff, since waifu2x is based on the normal srcnn. For irl content it produces way less impressive results.

There is also ESCPN or VESCPN specifically designed for video upscaling. But there are either patent issues or knowledge issues on madashis site, so an implementation is very unlikely.

If you look for an very good upscaler (albeit a specialized one) than there is enhancenet https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.07919 , which might be feasible in the future. But now it is not realtime
plasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 22:02   #44185  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
For those with performance issues:
First reset the settings. That will undo all silly performance killing changes that you may have made, like supersampling.

Press Ctrl+J to display the OSD. Look at the details that are shown and first check if the algorithms that are used match with what you expect.

You can show extra details by creating an empty folder called ShowRenderSteps in the installation folder of MadVR.

Post a screenshot if you need help.
Tried resetting everything to default but performance was even worse lol. And there are no sillyerformance killing changes in my profiles :-)

The weird thing is, for me, when the queues just drop, pausing the video and letting the queues refill and then unpausing it fixes it (until the next time they drop). If i dont pause and then unpause the queues stay empty and continues dropping gazillions of frames infinitely (well ok to the end of the video). I've even made changes so that render times stay between 10-15ms so lots of headroom. So i'm stumped.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 01:07   #44186  |  Link
huhn

are you running out of Vram? check the advanced rendersteps part and see if you get spikes in finalstep.
Old 25th June 2017, 08:00   #44187  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Sounds like GPU is overheating.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 09:25   #44188  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

when i turn on Exclusive Mode and exit i noticed madvr reset my calibration setting in the system
even when i set [disable calibration controls for this display] on and [disable GPU gamma ramps] off
sorry for my english
Old 25th June 2017, 09:45   #44189  |  Link
huhn

like this: http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=290 ?
Old 25th June 2017, 10:25   #44190  |  Link
markanini

I find my self prefering NGU-AA 50% of the time and NGU-soft the remaining 50% of the time.
markanini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 13:25   #44191  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
Sounds like GPU is overheating.
Even running a torture test heat doesn't pass 70. I'll check advanced render steps a bit later, hopefully that will give more of a clue
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 17:51   #44192  |  Link
SamuelMaki

If you are running out of VRAM, try with minimum queues. Could easily check that with GPU-Z running same time as watching.
SamuelMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 00:02   #44193  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
exactly the same bugs
Old 26th June 2017, 08:22   #44194  |  Link
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Even running a torture test heat doesn't pass 70. I'll check advanced render steps a bit later, hopefully that will give more of a clue
Could be your GPU downclocking then...not sure.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 12:03   #44195  |  Link
takenori

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Setting power config to Adaptive should be enough.
this works for me thanks.
i never know theres differences between adaptive and optimal performance.
takenori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 13:44   #44196  |  Link
lunnar

Hey, I just found out this week end that to be able to use the HDR metadata passthru with MPC-HC, I have to use the 32bit version. I have always used the 64bit... this might have been tell before in this thread and I've misse it probably...
anyway since the switch, I have been able to test out both the Nvidia API as well as the Windows 10 API and both work pretty well. On one occasion the HDR flag stayed up after exiting the movie and I couln't find any way to reset it exept rebooting my PC. But overall , works nicely.
lunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 18:16   #44197  |  Link
Damie

When playing a source video in DXVA2 copy-back mode with BT.2020 matrix & primaries and passthrough HDR, Mad-VR says "HDR 1000 nits, BT.2020 -> DCI-P3".

Should I select DCI or BT.2020 in my TV (X850C) menu settings? With BT.2020 enabled the colors look deeper without oversaturation.

Is there a setting in MadVR to disable the BT.2020 -> DCI-P3 conversion (DXVA2 native mode, perhaps?)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Damie; 26th June 2017 at 18:58.
Damie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 19:37   #44198  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damie View Post
When playing a source video in DXVA2 copy-back mode with BT.2020 matrix & primaries and passthrough HDR, Mad-VR says "HDR 1000 nits, BT.2020 -> DCI-P3".
This line only informs you of the actual used colorspace inside the stream. Its always contained in a BT.2020 container, however BT.2020 covers a huge range of colors which isn't fully used by anything so far (nor can TVs fully reproduce it). So HDR contains metadata that informs the player about the actually used colorspace - in this case thats DCI-P3, in a BT.2020 container.

So that line is just informationl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damie View Post
Should I select DCI or BT.2020 in my TV (X850C) menu settings? With BT.2020 enabled the colors look deeper without oversaturation.
You should select whatever you set in madVR under devices -> <device> -> calibration. Those settings have to match (if you're not calibrating manually, set it to display is already calibrated and select BT.2020 or DCI-P3 in the box below)
At this point in time, perhaps using DCI-P3 would be best, although BT.2020 would also work (but if you're not using 10-bit output, it may cause a bit of loss).
Old 26th June 2017, 19:45   #44199  |  Link
Zaoshi

Are my colors wrong?

Hey there,

I encountered this pack containing some test videos and some of them caught my interesting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9F...p1eGVnTG8/edit

When I play "MP4-2c\Basic Settings\3-White Clipping.mp4" what I see on the screen matches what the video says: 235 and higher are completely white, while 230-234 are slightly gray (refer to the image), but shouldn't I see whole range up to 253?
I tried checking colors in Paint and 230 column is actually 249 white, while 234 column is 254 white. Why is this considered to be correct output when colors are incorrect?
Similar issue with "1-Black Clipping.mp4" file - dark colors are darker than the number says.

Zaoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 19:48   #44200  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaoshi View Post
When I play "MP4-2c\Basic Settings\3-White Clipping.mp4" what I see on the screen matches what the video says: 235 and higher are completely white, while 230-234 are slightly gray (refer to the image), but shouldn't I see whole range up to 253?
On a properly calibrated screen and playback chain, you should not see values above 235 or below 16.
Note that when you take a screenshot of the video, it is already after various levels of processing, and the values don't match the actual values in the video.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling