Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2009, 20:27   #9961  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
We added a completely new renderer a few days ago, it should be split into wasapi and dsound
Where is this; what ax it is?

Thx.

I can't see that in SVN 1290, nor in SA filters?
Old 4th October 2009, 20:39   #9962  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
Where is this; what ax it is?

Thx.

I can't see that in SVN 1290, nor in SA filters?
its not compiled in yet, its very new code.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:40   #9963  |  Link
rica

Quote:
its not compiled in yet, its very new code.
So i hope we gonna get it ASAP?

Thank you.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:07   #9964  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
So i hope we gonna get it ASAP?

Thank you.
It will be included faster if albain can improve it
Old 4th October 2009, 23:22   #9965  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

i FINALLY fixed my tearing issues with MPC. when i used VSync or even Alternative VSync, it would always tear regardless if what i did. But I FINALLY found the fix.

after using D3Overrider to enable Triple Buffering+VSync and enabling alternative VSync, i get NO tearing at all. doesn't matter what framerate it's at.

Good Bye exclusive mode

Last edited by Mangix; 4th October 2009 at 23:59.
Old 5th October 2009, 09:51   #9966  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
It will be included faster if albain can improve it
will this new audio renderer make Reclock redundant if you don t need PAL-speeddown?
Old 5th October 2009, 10:45   #9967  |  Link
mariner

1440x1080x60p VC1 WMV playback problem, build 1290.

Greetings Casimir.

Just to let you know the internal MPC Video Decoder had problem with the above in DXVA mode.

Tested fine with Arcsoft, MS MFT and NV MFT.

Link:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...7&postcount=63

Best regards.
Attached Images

Old 5th October 2009, 12:46   #9968  |  Link
pirlouy
_

"Attachments Pending Approval"

-> Please, use images hosting website instead of this functionality. Else you can't be sure people won't forget to read your post again...
Old 5th October 2009, 14:12   #9969  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
will this new audio renderer make Reclock redundant if you don t need PAL-speeddown?
Thats the idea.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:29   #9970  |  Link
mark0077

Wow that'll be nice. I suppose the question is going to be asked if it hasn't already been.... will it have smart speed control like playing 23.97fps content at 24fps when 24hz is detected, ie slight speed adjustments.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:57   #9971  |  Link
Jong

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
The frame rate adjusting capabilities of Reclock are not just needed for PAL speedown. Many in PAL countries have TVs that run at a native 50Hz, even some that support a 24p input. So for smooth playback 24p material has to be sped up to 25p/50Hz. These people too will continue to need Reclock.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:01   #9972  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

We wont be including pal-speeddown or anything similar, but patches are welcome
Old 5th October 2009, 15:11   #9973  |  Link
Jong

Yep, I understand. Just wanted to make the situation clear.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:56   #9974  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Many in PAL countries have TVs that run at a native 50Hz, even some that support a 24p input. So for smooth playback 24p material has to be sped up to 25p/50Hz. These people too will continue to need Reclock.
Never thought about this and always wondered why someone would need the SPEEDUP function. Now I understand this, not everyone has a 24Hz capable display
Old 5th October 2009, 15:59   #9975  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Quote:
We wont be including pal-speeddown or anything similar, but patches are welcome
Maybe you can talk with James (Reclock dev.) and see if he can help you out to include such a feature in MPC-HC? This would be great since this will make reclock dedundent! Not that I hate Reclock, on the contrary. But having more software on a HTPC most of the times only does more bad then good Also Reclock will not become available in a x64 version and I want to go to run all my programs in x64 and since MPC-HC is becoming more and more available in x64....
Old 5th October 2009, 16:20   #9976  |  Link
Jong

There are three problems with that:

- Reclock is still needed if you use more than one player, e.g. for full Blu-ray disc playback. Not MPC-HC's problem. but a reason to have Reclock none the less.

- Even just handing over the code is BOUND to lead to a lot of questions James is not capable of supporting (time, not ability!).

- More importantly! Slysoft are bringing out their own player with "Reclock technology" later this year. It's going to be free, so MPC-HC is not a threat in that sense, but this is where Slysoft's interest and focus is rather than supporting Reclock for free to thrid parties.

But, hey, you can ask!
Old 5th October 2009, 17:38   #9977  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

I think its better, if audio/video speed up/down gets done by FFdshow.

MPC-HC is a video player. Which means we try to present the video and audio samples at the best possible time.
When you have this in mind its more than logical to place any audio/video adjustment outside of the renderer.

Like this:

FILE > Splitter > Decoder > Postprocessing(e.g. pal speedup) > renderer.
This way the renderer doesn't need any special stuff, all it needs to do is present whatever it gets as accurately as possible

And the same architecture can be used for all other options:
-Video Pulldown and up
-Universal video resampler (upsample to 600 frames, which can be devided equaly to any of the standard refresh rates)
-Audio frequency resampling and DSP

Basically what ffdshow already does

Last edited by tetsuo55; 5th October 2009 at 17:42.
Old 5th October 2009, 19:42   #9978  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
And the ffdshow developers will say the opposite: its the job of the player and the renderers.

When will the focus be on bug fixing instead of adding new features? The amount of bugs on the tracker currently just keeps growing.
Old 5th October 2009, 19:55   #9979  |  Link
starla_

Quote:

MPC-HC is a video player. Which means we try to present the video and audio samples at the best possible time.
When you have this in mind its more than logical to place any audio/video adjustment outside of the renderer.
Actually I would have to argue against this (as a developer of MediaPortal I have no such huge urge to force some other application to behave in a way I want to, opposite to the users of MPC-HC :P).

The main reason why I think it is the player applications responsibility is that ffdshow is just an audio codec in this context. What you are proposing is that every audio codec should implement the PAL pulldown. This is not feasible unless Microsoft is able to come with a standard how rate conversion should be handled in codec side and how player should be communicating that to the audio codecs (and I cannot see that happen ever).

Maybe MPC-HC and MediaPortal dev teams should join the forces to create a perfect open source audio renderer?
Old 5th October 2009, 20:07   #9980  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
And the ffdshow developers will say the opposite: its the job of the player and the renderers.

When will the focus be on bug fixing instead of adding new features? The amount of bugs on the tracker currently just keeps growing.
We're trying to work together more closely with FFdshow team.
The core dev's are working on bug fixes, but not in the form of bandaids, but by solving the underlaying root cause.

root cause solutions are being applied (in random order, no timeline for the date it will be fixed) to:
-Mp4 splitter
-Video Renderer
-Audio Renderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla_ View Post
Actually I would have to argue against this (as a developer of MediaPortal I have no such huge urge to force some other application to behave in a way I want to, opposite to the users of MPC-HC :P).

The main reason why I think it is the player applications responsibility is that ffdshow is just an audio codec in this context. What you are proposing is that every audio codec should implement the PAL pulldown. This is not feasible unless Microsoft is able to come with a standard how rate conversion should be handled in codec side and how player should be communicating that to the audio codecs (and I cannot see that happen ever).

Maybe MPC-HC and MediaPortal dev teams should join the forces to create a perfect open source audio renderer?
I dont disagree, but video clock speed editing is a function of post-processing, not video/audio decoding nor rendering.
Having a standalone decoder do immediately supplies the option to all players, instead of limiting it to a special renderer or player.

That said i think it would be great if we join forces.
Especially since we focus fully on video playback and not the media center experience (which mediaportal does 10x better anyway)

Last edited by tetsuo55; 5th October 2009 at 20:25.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc