Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 1st February 2013, 10:44   #1  |  Link
Strigoyu

Problem when adding subtitles to a BluRay

Hi, mates! My name is José and I am Spanish. I am trying to add a Spanish subtitle track with just two lines (for an Italian dialogue in the movie for which I don't have Spanish audio track). I tried both multiAVCHD and TSMuxer tutorials but no way, mates! The problem is always the same: the second line of subtitles are never displayed, whatever tutorial I tried. Here you are the lines of my subtitle, in case you'd like to know:

00:55:20,520 --> 00:55:21,748
Démonos prisa.

00:55:24,800 --> 00:55:28,500
- ¡Mira quién está aquí! - ¡Hola!
¡Eh! ¿Tú también vienes a ver la película?

I really think there is nothing wrong with the ".srt" file since I know how to handle this stuff. (I've made lots of custom DVDs and I never got this result). It seems that BD reauthoring is a bit more difficult. Hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

José Antonio

Last edited by Strigoyu; 1st February 2013 at 13:13.
Strigoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 19:04   #2  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Not sure what you're doing with the .srt file--just dragging it into the tsMuxeR GUI? What I do is make the subtitle track before doing any muxing, using this cmd line, actually in a file I've named SrtToSup.cmd:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\tsMuxeR\tsmuxer.exe" "D:\video\subtitle.meta" "D:\video"

The "subtitle.meta" file it refers to looks like this, where I move the # around depending on the aspect ratio of the program:

Code:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --demux --vbr  --vbv-len=500

#For 1.33 and 1.77 composition
#S_TEXT/UTF8, "D:\video\english.srt",font-name="Aharoni",font-size=54,font-color=0x00D4D4D4,bottom-offset=36,font-border=1,text-align=center,video-width=1920,video-height=1080, fps=23.976, lang=eng

#For 1.85 composition
#S_TEXT/UTF8, "D:\video\english.srt",font-name="Aharoni",font-size=54,font-color=0x00D4D4D4,bottom-offset=48,font-border=1,text-align=center,video-width=1920,video-height=1080, fps=23.976, lang=eng

#For 2.40 composition
#S_TEXT/UTF8, "D:\video\english.srt",font-name="Aharoni",font-size=48,font-color=0x00D4D4D4,bottom-offset=154,font-border=1,text-align=center,video-width=1920,video-height=1080, fps=23.976, lang=eng

#For 2.55 composition
S_TEXT/UTF8, "D:\video\english.srt",font-name="Aharoni",font-size=48,font-color=0x00D4D4D4,bottom-offset=172,font-border=1,text-align=center,video-width=1920,video-height=1080, fps=23.976, lang=eng
In your case of course the .srt file is not gonna be named "english.srt". And I suppose you may have to try different fonts. But then you drag the resulting sub into your BD mux.

Last edited by laserfan; 1st February 2013 at 19:06.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:07   #3  |  Link
Strigoyu

Hi there, again! Thanks for your reply! As I said, I just load the ".srt" file in both tsMuxer and multiAVCHD by using the option "Add", I mean, I do NOT convert it into a ".sup" file since both programs let me load a plain ".srt" subtitle file. However, I changed some options successfully in tsMuxer yesterday: I set the "offset" option to "100". It worked for the first BD movie, however, it did not for the second one ("La notte dei diavoli", Giorgio Ferroni, 1972). Does anyone have the same problem when adding ".srt" files into BDs? I'm a bit lost, guys... Thanks in advance!

José Antonio
Strigoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 08:59   #4  |  Link
Ghitulescu

It may be that the TX file (SRT) is somehow defective, I assume the CR/LF order (if it comes from a different platform, Linux or Mac). Try saving it to UTF-8 first. tsMuxer works best wit UTF-8 files in my experience.