Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th October 2021, 22:00   #19301  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Uninstall GeForce experience.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 01:25   #19302  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiel View Post
No change from above, if EncodingServer.exe tries to run then RipBot will hang. The machine is dual boot and the same problem whether I run on Win 11 current version or latest insider release (dev channel). RipBot, Windows and all other software are latest versions, as is motherboard bios (Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro V2)

Avisynth+ is 3.7.0 and the Nvidia software is

Release Version
FrameView SDK 1.1.4923.29968894
GeForce Experience 3.23.0.74
Graphics Driver 472.12
PhysX System Software 9.21.0713

Windows Insider Dev Channel
FrameView SDK 1.1.4923.29968894
GeForce Experience 3.23.0.74
Graphics Driver 510.31
PhysX System Software 9.19.0218

Hopefully you will have a better result.
Yes, there it is, and like Atak said (above post).

RipBot has a long history with certain elements of nVidia drivers, so you really only need to do a "Custom" install, and then probably only choosing the main graphics driver, maybe the audio driver, and maybe Physics, but NOTHING else, and DON'T use the "Express" install option !!!

You can go one step further if you like and grab this :-

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-nvcleanstall/

or

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/driver-utility/

And customise your "bloated" nVidia driver package to install only what you really need.

Good luck, I might even do the same myself.

Cheers

RipBot264 modded builds..

Last edited by TDS; 26th October 2021 at 01:30.
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 12:41   #19303  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Uninstall GeForce experience.
Done ....and all is fine again. Thank you
archiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 12:41   #19304  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
Yes, there it is, and like Atak said (above post).

RipBot has a long history with certain elements of nVidia drivers, so you really only need to do a "Custom" install, and then probably only choosing the main graphics driver, maybe the audio driver, and maybe Physics, but NOTHING else, and DON'T use the "Express" install option !!!

You can go one step further if you like and grab this :-

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-nvcleanstall/

or

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/driver-utility/

And customise your "bloated" nVidia driver package to install only what you really need.

Good luck, I might even do the same myself.

Cheers
Thanks for the links, I will have a play later.
archiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 18:00   #19305  |  Link
chainring

Speaking of video drivers...

In the past, I've had some occasional server stalls when doing encodes in DE mode with MDegrain active. The freeze would manifest itself with one, or multiple, servers stalling during the encode process. Kill the server, restart and the encode continues.

I'm using four Dell PCs, all with built-in Intel graphics. Intel has had a problem with a process called Desktop Window Manager going crazy and, if memory serves, gobbling up RAM. Beta graphics drivers from Intel fixed the DWM thing and it seems that may have also fixed the stalled server problem, too. I've processed at least ten 4K HDR movies, using MDegrain, and so far not one stall.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2021, 14:49   #19306  |  Link
Noisrevid

I'm trying to figure out for the life of me why Handbrake is encoding about 8x-10x faster with the exact same x265 settings and presets on both GUIs.. Tried multiple machines and they all are acting the same way. Example, Faster preset for HEVC in Ripbot264 = like 12 fps.. Handbrake = 100+ fps. Tried GPU decoding and CPU decoding in settings for Ripbot264 and doesn't make much if any difference on any Nvidia or AMD machine. Tried Intel and AMD CPU powered machines, same issue. Couldn't find anything in the forum giving me any indication why Ripbot264 would be up to 10x slower..

Edit: Resolution was set to 720p in both Ripbot264 and Handbrake from original 1080p (same clip used). Confirmed all threads are being used by Ripbot264 as well and "Use Multiple processing threads" is checked.

Edit 2: New observation is that smaller videos seem to encode at roughly the same speed in Ripbot264 but longer videos just encode incredibly slow right away. Both original videos are the same exact format as each other, one's 15 minutes, one's 1.5 hours.

Last edited by Noisrevid; 4th November 2021 at 15:17.
Noisrevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2021, 14:51   #19307  |  Link
SKPN

I've been having some issues recently with encodes hanging after completing the chunks. I use the batch encoder distributed among two servers (one on the main encoding PC and the other in a VM on my gaming PC). Sometimes the encodes will go through from start to finish and work properly, but other times the chunks will finish encoding and the window will disappear, but the step to combine and mux the files will not start. In task manager, the encoding window will sometimes show not responding. If I force it closed, the process continues and the file is created. Other times, nothing will be out of the ordinary in the task manager, and the only way to finish the encode is to manually combine the chunks and mux the files. Then I have to remove the job from the main window after closing and reopening RB (aborting causes it to hang).

Any ideas on what might be happening? I generally do large batches while AFK, so when one gets stuck it stops the entire process and I don't see it until hours later. It's been really slowing down my library updates.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2021, 14:59   #19308  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
I've been having some issues recently with encodes hanging after completing the chunks. I use the batch encoder distributed among two servers (one on the main encoding PC and the other in a VM on my gaming PC). Sometimes the encodes will go through from start to finish and work properly, but other times the chunks will finish encoding and the window will disappear, but the step to combine and mux the files will not start. In task manager, the encoding window will sometimes show not responding. If I force it closed, the process continues and the file is created. Other times, nothing will be out of the ordinary in the task manager, and the only way to finish the encode is to manually combine the chunks and mux the files. Then I have to remove the job from the main window after closing and reopening RB (aborting causes it to hang).

Any ideas on what might be happening? I generally do large batches while AFK, so when one gets stuck it stops the entire process and I don't see it until hours later. It's been really slowing down my library updates.
I was testing distributed encoding last night and experiencing the exact same problem on videos that were longer than a certain point with hanging or systems that would go from IDLE to ENCODING over and over without figuring itself out.. Until eventually all 8 of my machines were hung up going from IDLE to ENCODE status.. Sometimes the issue would pop up immediately with the second chunk just not working at all 90% of the time. Adjusting the chunk size from 1 min to 2 min helps but it eventually breaks again. Let me know if you find the fix, maybe upping the chunk to 3+ minutes may help? I also don't know what "BDO Strength" means in the settings but it seems to be default to 1.0 and doesn't go higher, only lower.
Old 4th November 2021, 15:52   #19309  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daringbaaz View Post

Can Anyone Tell me Why There is some segments not Started or Not Completed,

Due to this My encoding Stopped on 99.4% and I Didn't Find any option to re-start That segments,

Please Help Me,
Same issue here.. eventually all my DE machines will freeze like this. @Atak, the TCP communication tab just constantly says [CLIENT -> SERVER] OK and [CLIENT <- SERVER] OK over and over when these freeze like this. There are no errors listed anywhere.. hitting Abort on the job cancels everything gracefully.
Old 4th November 2021, 16:27   #19310  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
@Atak, the TCP communication tab just constantly says [CLIENT -> SERVER] OK and [CLIENT <- SERVER] OK over and over when these freeze like this. There are no errors listed anywhere.. hitting Abort on the job cancels everything gracefully.
Noisrevid is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
Copy whole log from TCP communication tab and paste somewhere (eg. https://pastebin.com/)
Old 4th November 2021, 17:02   #19311  |  Link
Ryushin

Just wanted to mentioned that I have not had a job hang in many months. It just runs now with no issues.

The only problem that I've been having is the encoded files sometimes have 1-2 white frames in them when the DE 1 minute chunks breaks on a screen transition. It's rare, but I've seen it happen about a dozen times or so for example when I encoded television season. Only way to see it to watch the whole season. I've mitigated this by changing my chunks from 1 minute to 5 minutes.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2021, 17:06   #19312  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Just wanted to mentioned that I have not had a job hang in many months. It just runs now with no issues.

The only problem that I've been having is the encoded files sometimes have 1-2 white frames in them when the DE 1 minute chunks breaks on a screen transition. It's rare, but I've seen it happen about a dozen times or so for example when I encoded television season. Only way to see it to watch the whole season. I've mitigated this by changing my chunks from 1 minute to 5 minutes.
Strange, and you're using all the latest and great Ripbot264 files? I'm starting to think the issue for me is going from existing x265 encodes to x265 encodes with DE.. I don't seem to have a problem with x264 -> x265 with DE.
Old 4th November 2021, 17:29   #19313  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post

What is your source video file? .TS .MKV? Could you load your file in SeekTester I made some time ago
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176878
Just make sure that you are using L-SMASH dll from RipBot264 and frame limit exceeds problematic point!

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 4th November 2021 at 17:32.
Old 4th November 2021, 18:09   #19314  |  Link
Noisrevid

x265 -> x265 Ripbot264 encodes are causing all my issues. Encode itself is 10x slower than Handbrake, DE fails eventually on longer movies, etc.

x264 -> x265 Ripbot264 is perfect.. Encode speed beats Handbrake using same settings and DE works flawlessly.

@Atak, sorry to spam with issues, I think your application is superior to Handbrake and i'd love to see you could see what's happening on my side with x265 -> x265 slowness and DE problems, can I provide any logs to help out here? I'd prefer to use Ripbot264 + DE..
Old 4th November 2021, 18:12   #19315  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Just run HWINFO in background and Process Hacker to check CPU temps/Clocks and memory usage.
Old 4th November 2021, 18:19   #19316  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Just run HWINFO in background and Process Hacker to check CPU temps/Clocks and memory usage.
Already run HWinfo on all of my machines.. Temps are in check.. No WHEA errors.. everything's healthy. I guess there's an issue with the decoder in Ripbot264 for x265 content or something else getting in the way.

Can someone download a fresh copy of the latest Ripbot264 and do a x265 to x265 encode and compare to the latest with Handbrake?

I'm seeing the same behavior across 8 different machines. It's not a hardware issue.
Old 4th November 2021, 18:55   #19317  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Are you using GPU decoders in Ripbot264?
Old 4th November 2021, 19:01   #19318  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Are you using GPU decoders in Ripbot264?
Tried both CPU and GPU in Ripbot264 with no change in speed.
Old 6th November 2021, 14:36   #19319  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
What is your source video file? .TS .MKV? Could you load your file in SeekTester I made some time ago
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176878
Just make sure that you are using L-SMASH dll from RipBot264 and frame limit exceeds problematic point!
Source files are MKVs. I export the episodes using MakeMKV. Then use PowerDVD to identify and label them from the discs, then batch the episodes into RB. By the time I watch an episode and I notice it, the source files are deleted and gone from my ZFS snapshots. Since moving to five minute chunks I have not seen it happen, but that only means it will be five times less likely to occur now.

The next time it does happen, and I have the source still available, I'll do you what you ask.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 17:18   #19320  |  Link
Oscar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post

I have same problem with DE and 16 server

When i Launch multi encode with SD or 720p with 30 batch in queue i have no problem

But if i launch Batch in 1080P the first encode is ok but the second encode stop just after muxing operation and the service ClientEncode is green in task bar, if i lauch taskmanager and kill Clientencode the muxing is progress and after the third encode launch

Last edited by Oscar77; 9th November 2021 at 18:43.
Oscar77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360