Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 30th March 2010, 12:58   #1  |  Link
18fps

Help deinterlacing capture with strange chroma problem

I'm trying to deinterlace this film (VHS PAL Capture), but even doing a simple SeparateFields() I see a strange chroma problem. It's as if the chroma were temporally displaced half a frame or something like that. It's noticiable specially on the change of scenes. I'm including here a very short section that shows the problem. What can you suggest me?

To deinterlace I have used TGMC (the "fast" settings Didée suggested but with the loslesss option), and then srestore without decimating to deblend and tdecimate to get 19 fps. It works, but the chroma problem is stressed in the form of dark color blots that belong to the next scene. (Excuse my English)
18fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 16:02   #2  |  Link
18fps

In this image I have put together one frame and the one that comes next in a change of scene.
You can see how the red blots on the left correspond to the clear zones of the next frame:

Where this problem comes from? What could I do to remove or mnimize the problem? Thank you!
18fps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chroma, deinterlacing, vhs capture