Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2008, 23:32   #1121  |  Link
AnnaFan777

Hi:

Can DGAVCIndex add option to "Save as Avi", just like the original DVD2AVI.
many end users don't have avisynth's concept, a few lines of script is too
hard for moms and pops, they just want to convert their HDcam vids to Avi/divx.
This may make DGAVC more complete and save people big money. (no more adobe)

Thanks..
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:37   #1122  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

DGAVCIndex is used to index and access AVC streams, not to mux them into any kind of container.
Even if muxing would be supported, then not to AVI. MP4 or MKV would be appropriate containers for AVC content.

If you rally want to mux AVC into AVI use a tool called "avc2avi" (use search).
Old 4th July 2008, 16:39   #1123  |  Link
jonathonsunshine

how do i make a segment to send here for testing ?

howdy all

I have used ur app (a26) to index a few m2ts files from blurays. One worked fine (at least I assume it did, i havn't watched the encode I made all the way through) another has had glitches throughout, garbage frames and dropped frames.

Can some please recommend me a tool to cut out an offending sample to post it here?
Old 4th July 2008, 16:51   #1124  |  Link

You can use DGSplit to split off the first (say) 20MBytes of your stream. Configure it for 20MBytes and then when it starts writing the second file, kill it. Then upload the first split file.

Maybe it's field encoded (PAFF) in a way that libavcodec does not yet decode properly.
Old 6th July 2008, 10:31   #1125  |  Link
amango

The parts of the icons where i can usually select the video in DGIndex [ ] are grayed out in DGAVCDec. Isn't there a way to activate it?
Old 6th July 2008, 16:08   #1126  |  Link

It's not yet implemented. Be patient, that's what I am working on now.
Old 6th July 2008, 16:12   #1127  |  Link
amango

Cool!
Old 12th July 2008, 16:12   #1128  |  Link
canTsTop

i noticed strange behavior of DGAVCIndex alpha 26 information window Frame struct field:

1. open ts file and save project Frame struct: BFF
2. open ts file and preview Frame struct TFF
3. open ts file and preview until first Frame struct TFF report, then stop preview and save project, Frame struct TFF
4. open ts file and preview until end, then save project, Frame struct BFF

here is sample ts http://www.mediafire.com/?yjscbgtcm0m

here is video of 4. open ts file and preview until end Frame struct TFF, then save project, Frame struct BFF http://www.mediafire.com/?wnfmxz4ei9c
Old 12th July 2008, 21:27   #1129  |  Link
Snake91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Probably crazy idea but I have to ask at least How about adding support for Blu-Ray playlist (MPLS) so user could index whole movie in correct order. I'm sure that Tsmuxer author could help.
It's a very good idea IMHO, I hope it will be in next version
Old 14th July 2008, 23:15   #1130  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
i noticed strange behavior of DGAVCIndex alpha 26 information window Frame struct field
Thanks for pointing it out. I have it fixed and will release a new alpha tonight with that fix and some other fixes.
Old 15th July 2008, 05:03   #1131  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 27

1. In DGAVCIndex, made the GOP back operation (<) more reliable.

2. Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash on random access.

3. Fixed a regression that caused the audio streams to not be shown in the Info dialog during a Preview operation.

4. Fixed a bug that caused erroneous (very large) audio delays to be reported.

5. Fixed a bug in the Frame Struct field of the Info dialog that caused a wrong field order to sometimes be shown.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 15th July 2008, 18:51   #1132  |  Link
canTsTop

thank you for new version

i found possible bug, here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/?td9edmyuzwt
then i create project and load dga in avs i get first 50 frames corrupted like this

but if i preview ts file in DGAVCIndex, or using DirectShowSource with ffdshow decoder there is no corrupt frames

p.s. i noticed that __aud__ is already can be used in avs templates, patiently waiting for __del__ support
Old 15th July 2008, 20:14   #1133  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Cannot find PAT/PMT Tables

Hi Neuron2,

I have been using your program to index my Canon HF100 footage, and I have come across two files now that it does not handle. I usually run it from the command line, and in this mode it just freezes. When I open the file using the normal GUI, it doesn't show any video, and when I go to Detect PIDs: PAT/PMT it says it could not find the PAT/PMT tables. If I try to Detect PIDs: Raw, I get tons of PIDs (hundreds perhaps), all labeled as other. TSMuxer is able to handle these files just fine, and once it has demuxed them, DGAVCIndex does not have any problem. My guess is that it is trying to read this file as a 188 byte Transport Stream file instead of a 192 byte Transport Stream file. I have used DGAVCIndex on over 400 files from my camera now, and so far only two have this problem. All others work just fine (at least for what I need them to, libavcodec can't quite handle the video perfectly yet, but I know that's out of your hands).

Here is a sample file that works fine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?elkdjk2n2m2

Here is a sample file that does not work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eimis4um3xy

Thanks!

Matt

EDIT: Just tried it with Alpha 27, still has the same problem.
Old 15th July 2008, 20:35   #1134  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@canTsTop
Your stream does not start at IDR-Frame therefore you get corrupted frames! Use h264tscutter to fix that. (h264tscutter by default cuts at IDR-Frames so you don't have to change anything)

Quote:
Here is a sample file that works fine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?elkdjk2n2m2
libavcodec however cannot properly decoded interlaced footage. I see corrupted areas

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 15th July 2008 at 20:52.
Old 15th July 2008, 21:00   #1135  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
libavcodec however cannot properly decoded interlaced footage. I see corrupted areas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleggjp View Post
All others work just fine (at least for what I need them to, libavcodec can't quite handle the video perfectly yet, but I know that's out of your hands).
I've seen them too, it's unfortunate that I cannot yet use DGAVCDecode to transcode my footage (I use DirectShowSource along with CoreAVC, painful but it works). I just use it to count the number of frames in each clip, which in turn helps me to trim the audio so it stays in sync when I join several of my files together. At least DGAVCIndex can open and index the file, whereas it can't even do that with the sample that does not work.
Old 16th July 2008, 01:51   #1136  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleggjp View Post
My guess is that it is trying to read this file as a 188 byte Transport Stream file instead of a 192 byte Transport Stream file.
You're a great guesser. I have it fixed and it will be in the next alpha. It's the same fix I recently made for DGMPGDec 1.5.2. Why is video data all of a sudden emulating transport sync all over the place?
Old 16th July 2008, 01:57   #1137  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
...load dga in avs i get first 50 frames corrupted like this...but if i preview ts file in DGAVCIndex...there is no corrupt frames
That's a bug, because the two should match. If DGAVCIndex can skip to the first IDR, so should DGAVCDecode. I suspect an SPS or PPS is getting missed. I will investigate.
Old 16th July 2008, 03:13   #1138  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
You're a great guesser. I have it fixed and it will be in the next alpha. It's the same fix I recently made for DGMPGDec 1.5.2. Why is video data all of a sudden emulating transport sync all over the place?
Is that the same problem I'm having at the moment? (as seen though the screenshots I showed you a few days ago) It does look an awful lot like the video went out of sync and had to "jump" back into place, periodically causing a split-second distortions.

EDIT: Errr nevermind, it seems to be an entirely different issue

Last edited by Yoshiyuki Blade; 16th July 2008 at 03:27.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:56   #1139  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Thanks! I'll look forward to the update. I had seen this before with TS Packet Editor 0.301 which apparently doesn't even support 192 byte packets. It was reporting different PIDs on each packet as a result. Seeing your long list of PIDs under Raw detection reminded me of this.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:03   #1140  |  Link
canTsTop

neuron2, can you look at this

wrong audio delay detection in this sample http://www.mediafire.com/?ywzxvwmr1ma
DGAVCIndex detects 45ms delay, i tried manually find correct delay, its ~ -1.551ms

thank you
Closed Thread