Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th September 2019, 03:41   #11  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Especially the "Turbo=1" mode impresses me. In most cases it looks just as good or even better than the slower "Turbo=3" mode. This mode is something I would really be interested in...
I think you are concentrating on some frames too much, in general Turbo=3 is less alive.
Turbo=1 is using bit lower oPP=6 (opaque blur) as it gets more blur than 1/2 by other means, when Turbo=3/Turbo=2 is using oPP=7, you can change options to whatever you want, like to oPP=8 (max amount of unhealthy blur). Turbo are not hard presets.

Avs+ is my recommendation, it is faster maybe ~10%, script works with Avs 2.6 too without any changes.

Quote:
The speed comparison with LogoAway is a little unfair. I use an "Active Area" approach where VDub just processes the actual logo.
LogoAway benchmark didn't go through conversion to YV12, so it's unfair for others. I benchmarked that small pre-cut area , it would be close to "Active Area".

Quote:
And for treating logos which are partly over letterboxed (or pillarboxed) areas do you have any special treatment for such logos?
Just don't select that border with Loc (I didn't tested such case).

Quote:
And then I would like to know how you can preview...
I use Notepad or other txt editor like PSPad, I never had any need for something fancy like AvsMod, I just need preview, and I get it from programs I already have installed.
You can open your avs script with same Vdub, change something in your script>save then in VDub>File>Reopen and it will refresh preview at same frame you are looking at.

VirtualDub2 has its own avs script editor and F5 will do as above.

Then MeGUI has script editor and preview, I like it most as preview window is not bonded to main program.

Last edited by VoodooFX; 7th September 2019 at 03:58.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delogo, hardsubs, ocr, remove, watermark