Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 13th April 2016, 19:40   #441  |  Link
von Suppé

Hi Nikse555,

The plugin for removing the hyphen in the first dialog line works when there are 2 dialog lines, both with hyphens.
It would be nice to be able to remove the hyphen in the first line anyhow - so even if there's only one line.
Any chance for this?

Cheers
von Suppé
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 23:14   #442  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

this should already work with fix common error tab
Old 16th April 2016, 10:53   #443  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
this should already work with fix common error tab
Jeez, I feel so stupid...
Must've been braindead or something not noticing this, using this software for years.

Thanks & sorry

Edit: I tried this "Fix (remove dash) lines beginning with dash (-)" in Tools. When applied, it also removes the dash in the second one, for example:

Oh, no.
- Let it go.

becomes

Oh, no.
Let it go.

This is not what I want; I want the dash removed in only the first line, no matter how many lines there are or if hyphens are used in the second.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by von Suppé; 16th April 2016 at 20:19.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:24   #444  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

you have to untick these cases manually then
Old 24th April 2016, 02:01   #445  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

would it be possible to add more precise .srt italic brackets adding when importing a sub/idx dvd subtitle file? italic brackets only seem to be added for an entire line, but not parts of a line as sometimes is supposed to be.
Old 25th April 2016, 01:20   #446  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
To work around that I've been deliberately adding a word with incorrect spelling to the first line of a subtitle, but is there a way to set the default spellcheck dictionary I'm too silly to find?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
@hello_hello: OK, I've tried to fix it in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip - better?
Sorry about the very slow reply, but yes, that seems to be much better.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 08:18   #447  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
would it be possible to add more precise .srt italic brackets adding when importing a sub/idx dvd subtitle file? italic brackets only seem to be added for an entire line, but not parts of a line as sometimes is supposed to be.
That is exactly why I earlier asked to make it possible to hi-light / color several tags, so you can track & check them manually easier.
Old 25th April 2016, 09:23   #448  |  Link
Music Fan

Is there a way to add a black box around subtitles ?
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 22:33   #449  |  Link
mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Is there a way to add a black box around subtitles ?

only in export window, select the text and right click on mouse and choose "box-single line" or "box - multi line" or in border style choose box

Last edited by mood; 25th April 2016 at 22:36.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 18:09   #450  |  Link
Music Fan

Thanks, well hidden. Is there a way to apply it to all lines ?
edit : yes, choosing "one box" in border style, as you said (I didn't understand directly that its effect was different than "box-single line" or "box - multi line" in the thext window).

Last edited by Music Fan; 26th April 2016 at 18:13.
Old 26th April 2016, 18:12   #451  |  Link
mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Thanks, well hidden. Is there a way to apply it to all lines ?
yes, in export window border style choose box is applied to all lines

edit: the difference is "single line" separates the break line, "multi line" uses black box with break line

is the same thing with space in between line with and without break line

It was better if "single line" it was only for the line without break

Last edited by mood; 26th April 2016 at 18:21.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2016, 18:22   #452  |  Link
Music Fan

Yes, that's great (I found just before seeing your answer but thanks anyway).
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:03   #453  |  Link
zioneed

Question on PGS subs and flag "forced".
Hi all, wondering if anyone can share some light on this:
SE is terrific with reading and converting PGS to srt.
I am in process of re-encoding some Game of Thrones bluray discs and I have found something weird: PGS track only for subs (ita, standard subtitles set, whole episode) but when I watch the video on PC using mpc-hc the subtitles menu offers the chance to pick up ITA-forced.
This is really puzzling me: no matter if I use dvdfab or staxrip to rip but, granted, there is just ONE ita subs choice.
Selecting "ita forced" from player I can actually have the proper subtiles only when the language is the one they use as native language (dothraki or whatever). A few lines only.
Question is: how can I select these only from the whole file? There is any "flag" or anything I can work on SE? any tick or something?
Really bizarre situation, cant work it out and I'm not a noob at these things.
Many thanks in advance!!!
zioneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:42   #454  |  Link
sneaker_ger

In a single PGS track you can have lines flagges as forced while others are not. MPC-HC's LAV Splitter can present these as a virtual track to select. Since it does not actually exist as a separate track you won't see it in other programs. You can check that by (during playback in MPC-HC) going into "Play"->"Filters"->"LAV Splitter [...]" and toggling "Enable Automatic Forced Subtitle Stream". Restart MPC-HC to test new setting. If the track disappears when option is turned off you know it was only a virtual track.

For such PGS subtitles in Subtitle Edit you only have to tick "Show only forced subtitles" at the bottom of the PGS import/OCR window.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 05:48   #455  |  Link
zioneed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
In a single PGS track you can have lines flagges as forced while others are not. MPC-HC's LAV Splitter can present these as a virtual track to select. Since it does not actually exist as a separate track you won't see it in other programs. You can check that by (during playback in MPC-HC) going into "Play"->"Filters"->"LAV Splitter [...]" and toggling "Enable Automatic Forced Subtitle Stream". Restart MPC-HC to test new setting. If the track disappears when option is turned off you know it was only a virtual track.

For such PGS subtitles in Subtitle Edit you only have to tick "Show only forced subtitles" at the bottom of the PGS import/OCR window.
Thanks, it works fine!
guess it's too late but what I do is convert sup files to srt. Once done it's too late? If I have the srt file with thw whole set of lines there's any way to pick up forced only or the flags are gone?
I guess they're gone..
zioneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:23   #456  |  Link
sneaker_ger

They are gone.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 16:43   #457  |  Link
Nikse555

Subtitle Edit 3.4.13 is out just now: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases

* Some minor improvements for OCR via "Binary image compare"
* Fixed end-time for (some) TS files - thx kurosu
* Added support for spu/png OCR - thx claunia
* Drag'n'drop to subtitle list now supports ifo/vob/mp4/mks (with subs) - thx Budman
* Fix updating of main list view after "Remove text for HI" + "Apply" - thx Henry
* Fix for border size in vobsub export via cmd line - thx S_E_New
* Adjust duration fixed for last subtitle - thx mariner
* Read more variations of "S_DVBSUB" from mkv files - thx dreammday
* Fixed some "Remove text for HI" issues - thx Thunderbolt8
* Fixed crash in OCR when changing "Use color" - thx kurosu
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:12   #458  |  Link
von Suppé

Line height issue .ass to SUP export with multiple fonts?

Hi Nikse

I'm playing around and testing .ass subtiltes to export as SUP.
Now I'm using two different "ASSA" styles having different fonts. In the SUP export window I put different Line height settings for each style. SE doesn't appear to do honour that.

Example: I set line 1 with style 1 to Lineheight 62. After that I set Lineheigt to eg. 73 for line 2 with style 2.
When I go back to line 1, its Lineheight is changed back to a default 101, also when I put another number for style 2.

Is this something that can be fixed? I'd love to be able to lock a dedicated Lineheight to an ASSA style.

cheers
Ennio
Old 10th July 2016, 15:26   #459  |  Link
mbcd

Yes, I tried that too, with the styles of .ass there are some little problems. Color is taken, but position (different borders in .ass-styles) are not recognized by output.

So to say it in short. The styles of .ass are not taken correctly by output to .sup.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 14:29   #460  |  Link
mbcd

There is also a "BUG" with the waveforms.

If you use VLC as Mediaplayer, and you have a source which contains more than one audio-track, you get still shown the first audio as waveform.

That is not good, because you cant adjust and time subtitles to another audio-language, you still need the waveform of the actual choosen audio-track.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote