Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th May 2021, 21:47   #30621  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Since I keep previous versions installed, I just changed the shortcut link to V*21. Unfortunately I get the same error. The only difference is that it encoded 8 frames instead of 3.
Ok. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't prematurely update to the latest TSMUXER release.
Old 9th May 2021, 05:13   #30622  |  Link
MrVideo

I did another UHD disc with V*.22 and all was well. Single stream video.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2021, 20:53   #30623  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
V0.61.22

Does BDRB not like an HEVC video file with two video streams?
The first two streams that were processed only contained a single video stream.
Hi MrVideo,

is this secondary vid stream the DV layer perhaps?
See here.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 01:49   #30624  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
is this secondary vid stream the DV layer perhaps?
See here.
While I do not have dgdemuxgui installed, when try to play it back, it certainly plays like a data file.

I don't need the DV stream, as video projectors can't do DV. So, how do I get BDRB to ignore it?

In any event, I thought that BDRB was supposed to be able to handle DV UHD movies.
Old 10th May 2021, 02:36   #30625  |  Link
MrVideo

As a test I tried building a M2TS file, via 4/30/21 tsmuxer, without the DV stream. But tsmuxer didn't like the dolby TrueHD audio stream (I submitted a bug on the forum page). BDRB didn't like the missing audio stream, though it didn't mind the missing video stream. It hung while trying to extract the audio. It still got the -2 error code.

UPDATE: After doing a little more digging I discovered to use tsmuxer to create a bluray layout. I then swapped out the CLPI and M2TS files. With the DV video stream removed, BDRB had no issues.

So, BDRB doesn't like the DV stream.

Last edited by MrVideo; 10th May 2021 at 03:12.
Old 10th May 2021, 23:38   #30626  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
As a test I tried building a M2TS file, via 4/30/21 tsmuxer, without the DV stream. But tsmuxer didn't like the dolby TrueHD audio stream (I submitted a bug on the forum page). BDRB didn't like the missing audio stream, though it didn't mind the missing video stream. It hung while trying to extract the audio. It still got the -2 error code.

UPDATE: After doing a little more digging I discovered to use tsmuxer to create a bluray layout. I then swapped out the CLPI and M2TS files. With the DV video stream removed, BDRB had no issues.

So, BDRB doesn't like the DV stream.
I'll do some looking/testing.
Old 11th May 2021, 03:49   #30627  |  Link
MrVideo

Thanks.
Old 12th May 2021, 18:53   #30628  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieve View Post
Thanks for assisting with the diagnosis. I guess this one won't be solved.
Hopefully it is just an anomaly related to this specific blu-ray. I'll report back if this happens with the next one I do.
Reporting back. I just did a new and different bd copy yesterday and it worked fine, like it used to.

So, for whatever reason, the issues I was having must have been with an anomaly in the source bd and files. Thanks again for the assistance!
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2021, 07:38   #30629  |  Link
Lathe

Okay, I know this is going to sound really dumb, and I apologize because I know it is an extremely rare occurrence when I say something really dumb here

But, and I'm strongly ASSuming that this is not possible, but I don't suppose that there is any way for me to use my Radeon RX 590 Fatboy video card for encoding, is there...? It is such a bigass card with all these heat tubes and two fans, it just SEEMS like it would be good to use for encoding.

***EDIT

The main reason why, other than it would be good to know if I can do that, is that I still have ongoing heating issues with my CPU, although they are not quite as bad. I just recently got a CPU cooler which LOOKS pretty good and I THINK it will fit. Watching a video on 'how to', it looks so easy that I think I can switch it out with my stock cooler without screwing it up (hopefully...)

It is the Noctua NH-U12A. It's pretty tall, but I THINK it will fit. I guess I will find out...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PN4RDW3

It's slightly smaller than the NH-U15 which uses 140 fans instead of 120's, but everyone apparently feels that it cools really well. Hopefully, if I can figure out how to put it in, it might solve my heating issue.

***EDIT 2

Hmmm... very recently Windows did some kind of colossal update where it basically replaced the entire OS (I know it did because it created a Windows.old folder and it took a long time) Interestingly, while posting here, I tried an x264 encode like I usually do to shrink episodes (see post below) and amazingly I THINK that watching the CPU temperature it didn't seem to get as hot! All the while that I've been complaining about this (about a year) it NEVER has stayed that 'cool'! I watched the temperature while encoding and it would climb to about 75 or so, BUT then it would drop down to 68! It has NEVER done that before! Do you suppose that maybe somehow this weird new Windows 'update' is the reason why, because other than blowing out a bunch of dust inside my computer I haven't changed anything else yet. Very strange...

*** EDIT 3

Nah... It still just about redlined at 89 degrees, but it took a little longer.

Last edited by Lathe; 17th May 2021 at 09:42. Reason: I'm a NumbNut...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2021, 08:43   #30630  |  Link
Lathe

BTW, JD, I notice that you are still including the x264L-64.exe in the tools folder along with the x264-64.exe

What is the difference again, and are either one of those updated from one version of BDRB to the next.

Thank you Sir!

(I edited a lot of crap out of my original post because I'm a NumbNut and I figured it out)

Last edited by Lathe; 17th May 2021 at 09:42. Reason: I'm still a NumbNut...
Old 17th May 2021, 22:12   #30631  |  Link
gonca

Hey NumbNut
What CPU do you have
What case do you have
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2021, 02:06   #30632  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Hey NumbNut
Are you talking to me?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2021, 06:15   #30633  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Hey NumbNut
What CPU do you have
What case do you have

I have the Ryzen 5 3600 and an Apevia X-Hermes Mid Tower:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FH6KE76/

I've tried to measure how much space I have between the CPU and the side panel with the big fan, and I THINK that I just have enough room. I figure worst case (well, WORST case is that I screw up the whole thing) but, if I need a tad more room I figure that I can maybe put some kind of rubber tubing around the side of the case buying me another 1/2" or so and then using double sided tape to attach the side panel and fan. But, of course I'm hoping that I don't hafta do that. It SEEMS like a pretty big case, so if I can get up the nerve to try to do it myself (the video makes it LOOK pretty easy) then I'll see. I think I put a link to the cooling fan above.

***EDIT

Damn! I've been looking through the case details and it appears that supposedly a cooler 6" tall can fit with the side fan and side panel. But, the cooler height is shown as 158 mm or about 6.2"... How the hell do they expect these coolers to fit? I chose the smaller one (120) to ensure that it would fit. The case sure looks big, but looks like if I'm gonna stay with this cooler I probably will hafta modify the side panel. Geez...

***EDIT 2

Yeah, going through the questions for the case (over 800) the seller says that WITHOUT the side fan a cooler a tad over 6" will fit, but with the side fan, it will only allow 5" Dang, I chose the smaller one and I already paid for a 4 year extended warranty which I don't know if I can get back or apply to another cooler, Geez...

Well, it LOOKS like at least the clear plastic panel holding the 200 mm fan could be removed I guess. Maybe I can figure out a way just to remove that and place some kind of spacing to back it out however much I need, IDK... Sux...

Last edited by Lathe; 18th May 2021 at 06:45.
Old 18th May 2021, 23:42   #30634  |  Link
gonca

You might want to try an AIO with a 240mm rad
Make sure side fan is exhausting
Air direction (generally)
Front---in
bottom---in
top---out
right front---in
left---out
back---out

**Is the thermal paste properly applied?
Old 19th May 2021, 02:12   #30635  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
You might want to try an AIO
Mine growls at me. First my cat and now this. Don't know what I did to make it mad.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2021, 07:26   #30636  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
You might want to try an AIO with a 240mm rad
Make sure side fan is exhausting
Air direction (generally)
Front---in
bottom---in
top---out
right front---in
left---out
back---out

**Is the thermal paste properly applied?
Yeah, I figured that I would probably hafta get another one, and I had hoped that you might recommend one, thanks! The large side fan I'm pretty sure is blowing in. Front to back and top out is correct (the damn case has 5 frigg'n fans! That's why I bought it...)

I also figured that there probably was something wrong with the way the thermal paste was applied. I did have a guy who is very experienced at a shop build it, but that is strongly implied I think.

Also too, many who have stock Ryzen 5's with the stock Wraith cooler complain of high temperatures. So, I probably really should upgrade the cooler anyway. That large side fan can be removed (screws) which would give another inch or so in the case (which the seller states) That MIGHT just barely be enough for this really good one I have. But, then again, I will definitely check out the one you suggest, thanks Bro!
Old 19th May 2021, 07:29   #30637  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Mine growls at me. First my cat and now this. Don't know what I did to make it mad.
Dude...

Chill on the...

Old 19th May 2021, 23:43   #30638  |  Link
gonca

For an AIO try
https://www.newegg.ca/arctic-cooling...82E16835186247

Hope I don't have to recommend a new case
Clean the paste properly if you go to the AIO cooler

Last edited by gonca; 19th May 2021 at 23:47.
Old 19th May 2021, 23:45   #30639  |  Link
gonca

@videoh
AIO's are cat friendly, so if your cat growls so will the AIO
Old 21st May 2021, 05:25   #30640  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
For an AIO try
https://www.newegg.ca/arctic-cooling...82E16835186247

Hope I don't have to recommend a new case
Clean the paste properly if you go to the AIO cooler
Thanks Bro! That does look nice, but the guy who built my system was able to fix the CPU (thankfully) It had pulled off the board when I pulled the cooler off, and I guess when I tried to put it back in, I musta screwed up some of the pins or something (I am terrified of trying to put CPUs in a MOBO, but in this case since it got ripped off with the cooler, I didn't have a choice) So, he was able to straighten out the CPU (Ryzen 5) and put it back in and reinstall the Noctua and get everything running just fine!

It now idles at roughly 35 C or so (NEVER seen it anywhere near that low!) and we ran the CPU stress test on extreme for a few minutes and it hovered around 76 or so. So, everything SEEMS very good now. I did have to remove the 240mm fan from inside the side panel so that the Noctua would fit, but I'm just gonna put it on the outside. I do hafta have it blowing 'in' because I only have one small fan on the front of the case bringing air in and I have 2 fans on top and one in back (directly across from the Noctua exhaust fan) all 3 drawing air 'out' The big fan should also provide cooler air blowing in over the large video card, etc.

But, it's great now not to have it overheating! The guy said that for air coolers, Noctua is one of the best.