Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2017, 12:52   #1181  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Yes, I agree, although I don't use that option. And, of course, it is not compatible with Full-SBS, that cannot be encoded in level 4.1 and therefore cannot be BD compatible.
What is the problem for --level 4.1?

AFAIK the parameters needed to use the h264 to burn a BD are:
--weightp 0 --bframes 3 --nal-hrd vbr --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --b-pyramid strict --slices 4 --aud

Where:
--weightp 0 --nal-hrd vbr --keyint 24 --b-pyramid strict --slices 4 --aud

are not needed for standard mkv players.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:25   #1182  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
AFAIK the width of full-SBS (2x1920) exceeds level 4.1 specification.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:32   #1183  |  Link
tebasuna51

Ok. I don't see the 'full' (2x1920)
Old 11th April 2017, 13:46   #1184  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
If you want use a *slow* preset don't forget limit B and Ref frames or use the --level parameter.
The problem with the --level parameter (in clear builds of x264) is that it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, except flagging the stream with the specified level. It doesn't reduce the bitrate or the buffer size. IMO, it's a huge bug in the design of x264, but some users or programmers wanted to be able to flag the video stream with an inexact level! Really bizarre (or can I say stupid?) decision! Especially because the documentation and the output of the --full-help argument doesn't specify that, and is therefore totally misleading.

So, if you want to really change the level, you have to specify the --level AND the corresponding --vbv-bufsize and --vbv-maxrate parameters, and of course you must know the values for these parameters. It is NOT sufficient to specify the level alone. There are builds made by smart peoples with that bug fixed, but they are not always easy to find, and sometimes outdated. But if you use BD3D2MK3D, you don't have to worry, because it specifies the required parameters automatically if you force a specific level.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:48   #1185  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
In Full-SBS or Full-T&B, the image is twice as large as the standard HD image, and requires larger buffers. Therefore, level 4.1 is not sufficient, due to the limitation of the buffer size.

[EDIT] Sorry, I've replied before I've read the reply by Sharc. He is right.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:35   #1186  |  Link
frank
Banned

Bug in Chapters File Converter

If you convert a chapter.xml (mkvtoolnix) into ogm then you get after decimal point a mismatch of 0 in some cases.

Example for chapter 02:
<ChapterTimeStart>00:00:10.040000000</ChapterTimeStart>

result is
CHAPTER02=00:00:10.004

and not
CHAPTER02=00:00:10.040

BTW: Please correct the version number in your first post to v0.100.
Old 19th April 2017, 09:38   #1187  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v1.0

Right, as always! Thanks, Frank!
Here is the fix, as well as a few other little fixes.

With this version, I have decided to abandon the 0.XXX series, and go officially to v1.0. IMO, BD3D2MK3D is now stable enough (although there will probably be still some hidden bugs to fix), and I don't think I'll add important new features.
Quote:
v1.0 (April 19, 2017)
- The 2D Playlists window is now closed when the main job starts
- Fixed the bug when pasting in Actors field of the Title & Tags tab: An additional \n was added
- Small improvements in the Title & Tags tab.
- Bug in Chapters file converter: The decimal part of the time code was sometimes wrong when converting from a Matroska XML chapter file. Thanks Frank!
- Updated ImageMagick's convert.exe to the latest version (v7.0.5-4)
- Updated the Mkvtoolnix exes to the latest version (v10.0.0)
- Updated libdcadec.dll (part of eac3to) to the latest version (v0.2.0)
- Updated the x265 exes to the latest version (v2.3+32)
As always, you can download BD3D2MK3D here: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 20th April 2017, 04:17   #1188  |  Link
frank
Banned

Well done. Many thanks!

Don't forget updating version number...

Last edited by frank; 20th April 2017 at 04:24.
Old 20th April 2017, 08:29   #1189  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
Don't forget updating version number...
Done.
Old 8th June 2017, 19:46   #1190  |  Link
o0okaro0o

x64 bits version ?

Hi, I was wondering if you could port BD3D2MK3D to x64 or at least the dlls loadhelper.dll, DGMVCDecode.dll and libmfxsw32.dll so we could use it in an x64 environment.
Thanks for your time.
Old 9th June 2017, 09:23   #1191  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, o0okaro0o!

Well, it is already possible to use x264 or x265 64-bit during the encoding process, thanks to avs2yuv.exe. See the "Use 64-bit x264/x265..." option in the last tab to enable that feature. (It should be enabled by default if BD3D2MK3D has correctly detected your 64-bit CPU.)

The fact that BD3D2MK3D itself is a 32-bit app is not a brake. BD3D2MK3D is used only to demux the original streams and prepare a few files, and that doesn't require much CPU power. The speed of the disc is the only real brake during the preparation of the project. (I agree however that it should be possible to speed up the encoding of the subtitles to 3D and the conversion of the audio streams to AC3 or AAC with 64-bit version of the tools used during that conversions, but honestly, I don't think that the time spent during that conversions is really important.)

It is true that it is not possible to use avisynth 64-bit to convert the original MVC video stream to SBS, T&B or FS. It's mainly because the two MVC decoders that BD3D2MK3D can use are 32-bit avisynth filters and I haven't programmed them myself. But it's also because after having made some tests, I don't think that it will be possible to really speed up the decoding process with avisynth 64-bit. Note also that all 64-bit versions of avisynth are still somewhat unstable (and unofficial), and honestly I don't want to have to add workarounds for the problems that will certainly occur. The 32-bit avisynth works perfectly and is fast enough, given the fact that it's mainly the x264 or x265 encoder that requires much CPU power.

If you really want to decode faster, be sure to use a computer with an Intel CPU supporting QuickSync and install the latest Intel drivers. And of course, tick the "Use 64-bit x264" option in the last tab. But you will be probably disappointed. The speed gain is marginal.

Note also that the libmfxsw32.dll included with BD3D2MK3D is used only if you don't have an Intel CPU with QuickSync or if the Intel drivers are not properly installed. When QuickSync is available, it's the libmfxsw32.dll included with the Intel drivers that is used, and that version uses the full power of the CPU and QuickSync. It is not the responsibility of BD3D2MK3D to install or distribute the hardware dependent version of libmfxsw32.dll.

Sorry, but I will not modify BD3D2MK3D to use avisynth 64-bit or other 64-bit external tools for a very minimal speed increase but with a great risk of instability. And anyway, currently, it's not possible, since the avisynth filters needed and a lot of external tools are 32-bit only.

Last edited by r0lZ; 9th June 2017 at 09:26.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:34   #1192  |  Link
o0okaro0o

thanks r0lZ fo asnwering.
I just wanted to import the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs into megui to do the encoding from there but since I use the x64 and avisynth x64, I cannot import it because the dlls are x86 only.
I was just wondering if it was possible but donŽt worry, IŽll carry on doing like I used to.
Thanks for your time and your great work.
Old 9th June 2017, 10:50   #1193  |  Link
tebasuna51

In my test recoding video I obtain a speed gain of 14% when I use a full chain 64 bits over a chain 32 bits.
Of course when I have all plugins needed in the 2 versions.

Most of this gain (9%) is due to the encoder, than is already a selection in BD3D2MK3D.

Then only a 5% of speed gain may be possible if we have all the components at 64 bits, but here is not possible like r0lZ say.
Old 9th June 2017, 11:10   #1194  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0okaro0o View Post
I just wanted to import the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs into megui to do the encoding from there but since I use the x64 and avisynth x64, I cannot import it because the dlls are x86 only.
I'm not familiar with megui, but perhaps there is an option to use the 32-bit avisynth?

And anyway, I wonder what is the advantage of using megui to encode the avs script. You may have more x264/x265 options available than in BD3D2MK3D, but remember that you can add your own options in the Additional options field of the last tab of BD3D2MK3D.

Thanks for your thanks! ;-)

@tebasuna51: Thanks for your benchmark results. That confirms my approximative measurements.
Old 21st June 2017, 14:04   #1195  |  Link
frank
Banned

NVIDIA High speed encoding

For users with NVIDIA graphics here some news:
You really can speed-up the encoding process with ffmpeg.exe and hardware encoding! Quality is now very good.

- Copy latest ffmpeg.exe (v3.3.1 32bit Zeranoe) into B3D2MK3D's toolset folder.
- Edit the generated __ENCODE_3D:
Code:
ffmpeg.exe -loglevel info -i "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" ^
-c:v h264_nvenc -profile:v high -level 4.0 ^
-maxrate 15M -bufsize 15M -b:v 15M -cq 25 ^
-g 48 -bf 3 -rc vbr -rc-lookahead 20 -spatial-aq 1 -bluray-compat 1 ^
-color_primaries bt709 -colorspace bt709 -color_trc bt709 ^
-c:a copy -frames:v nnnnn ^
-metadata Title="movietitle 3D" ^
"00xxx_3D.264" -y
The NVIDIA hw encoder cannot place the frame-packing info into the stream. But the mkv muxer makes the stereo-mode entry and it works in 3D.
You will get about 100 fps!!! (Previously only 24 fps)
Have fun!

Last edited by frank; 21st June 2017 at 14:29.
Old 21st June 2017, 14:12   #1196  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll implement that in a future version, but honestly, I'm not sure.
Old 27th June 2017, 08:39   #1197  |  Link
tomilein

Hello, i use BD3D2MK3D -V1.0 for a 3d BluRay and the Programm works great.

I have one Question.

I will cutting and joining the 3D Movie, how i do that?

What I have to change or add in the__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs?

Cutframes are (339, 161707) + (165006, 166805).

Opening credits, final credits i will cut this.

But after the final Credits come another 3 minutes of the 3D Movie.

I will merge the 3 Minutes to the main film without final credits.

Thanks and sorry for my bad Englisch.
Old 27th June 2017, 10:21   #1198  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It is difficult, if not impossible, to cut the movie before encoding it, because the MVC decoders do not support seeking. You MUST therefore encode everything. (The only thing that you can easily do is limit the total number of frames, and therefore cut the end of the movie, but you cannot easily cut something in the middle during the encoding to 3D-SBS or T&B.) Furthermore, you have to cut the audio, subtitles and chapters too, so cutting the video is not sufficient.

IMO, the easiest way to cut the movie at more or less precise points is the split feature of MkvMerge. Here is the explanation of the method. Since you know already the frame numbers where the movie must be cut, I will not explain how to find them.
  1. Begin by creating a BD3D2MK3D project for your movie. Do not encode it immediately.
  2. Here, you should determine exactly the frame numbers and time codes of the parts you want to cut. You know them already.
  3. Edit the file "chapters_3D.qpfile" (in the project directory) with notepad. That file contains the frame numbers of the beginnings of all chapters. Verify if the frame numbers of your cut points are in that file, and if it's not the case, add them at the right places, followed by a space and the letter i in upper case. (The frame numbers must be in increasing order, one per line!) This will force x264 to create an I-frame at the specified frames. Since you can cut the video only at i-frames, it's important for precise cut points. But as I wrote above, you can omit this part, and hope that the final cut points will be approximately where you want them, if you don't know the exact frame numbers.
  4. You can now encode the 3D movie normally by launching __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd as usual. The whole movie will be encoded, and the complete MKV will be created.
  5. When the final 3D MKV has been created, open it in the MkvToolnix GUI. Go to the Multiplexer -> Output tab, and enable Splitting by selecting the split mode "After specific timecodes". In the Timecodes field, adds the timecodes of your cut points, separated by comas. You need the time codes here, not the frame numbers! But you can compute them easily by dividing the frame numbers by 24/1.001. There are several syntax for the time codes, but usually I prefer to specify them as a number of ms. In your case, you can use: 14139ms,6744529ms,6882125ms,6957158ms . Leave the Maximum number of files to "Unlimited".
  6. Then, remux the MKV by clicking the "Start multiplexing" button. Several MKV files will be created.
  7. When it's finished, play each file to verify if the cut points are at the right positions, and delete the parts you don't need (the credits). If some cut points are not perfect, you can try to change slightly the time codes and go back to step 5, but if you have not specified the I frames of the cut points in the qpfile, you may not be able to cut exactly where you want.
  8. Finally, relaunch MkvToolnixGUI, and drag and drop the first part of the movie on its window. Then, drag and drop the second part, and when prompted, select the option "append to an existing source frame". Do this for all parts that must be present in the final MKV.
  9. When all parts you want to keep have been added that way, change the output file name, and launch the multiplexing. The final file will be created, with only the parts you want.
That seems complex, but in fact, it's really simple, and IMO it's the best way to do what you want. There may be other methods (such as using commercial programs like VideoReDo) but they are not free or not as precise as the method I've explained here.

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th June 2017 at 10:31.
Old 27th June 2017, 11:55   #1199  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
5. When the final 3D MKV has been created, open it in the MkvToolnix GUI. Go to the Multiplexer -> Output tab, and enable Splitting by selecting the split mode "After specific timecodes". In the Timecodes field, adds the timecodes of your cut points, separated by comas. You need the time codes here, not the frame numbers! But you can compute them easily by dividing the frame numbers by 24/1.001. There are several syntax for the time codes, but usually I prefer to specify them as a number of ms. In your case, you can use: 14139ms,6744529ms,6882125ms,6957158ms . Leave the Maximum number of files to "Unlimited".
There are also the split mode "By parts based in timecodes" and, with the following sintax, you obtain a single output file already joined:

14139ms-6744571ms,+6882125ms-6957200ms

If your desired cut is in avs Trim() format the last frame is also included, and the ms cut must include it.
Old 27th June 2017, 13:07   #1200  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I didn't know that possibility. It's great! Thanks!
Closed Thread