Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 7th June 2021, 02:24   #1  |  Link
notrace0987

how to conver MP4 to DVD

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and in DVD world. And I want to record some large MP4 files on my Android Huawei phone to a DVD like media so as to keep and take them easily and release space from my phone. What can I do? Is there any software that can help?
notrace0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 04:24   #2  |  Link
GMJCZP

Hello, I recommend using Avisynth plus (or Vapoursynth) to decode your mp4 videos, for this you must use plugins that open these files, such as LSmash, FFMS2 or DSS2MOD. Then you will have to encode them as a DVD file, I recommend two free alternatives, HCEncoder (only for video but it's very good) or FFMPEG, in my signature you can find a script to encode DVD video with FFMPEG, but with this program you can also encode the audio. Finally you will have to look for a program that does the authoring, that is, that your audio and video files comply with the standards of a DVD that can be seen in a player, including the creation of a menu. Here I do not remember a free program (I know they exist) but for this I recommend Dvdlab Pro or DVD Architect that are paid.

Edit: free alternatives for authoring DVD:

Here

GMJCZP's Arsenal

Last edited by GMJCZP; 7th June 2021 at 04:37.
GMJCZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 01:46   #3  |  Link
notrace0987

Thanks so much for your help
notrace0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2021, 07:22   #4  |  Link
manono

If you just wish to burn them to disk as data, then you can do it using ImgBurn.

If you wish to convert those MP4s to DVDs playable in DVD players, then I'd recommend AVSToDVD.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote