Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th September 2002, 13:35   #61  |  Link
gabest

The picture decodes into the first video card's memory, no wonder it transfers slow to the second. There would be no performance hit if you had a dual-head video card
Old 4th September 2002, 13:47   #62  |  Link
dopef1sh

ahh... it's streaming through 2 video cards... that would explain the problem =) so does wmp64 do this differently (ie: straight to the vid mem of the monitor it's on?) or is dvd decoding just that much slower? (higher bit-rate?) Also, is there a way to fix this? Either on the code side (you) or some bizarre combination of filters (me). Anyway, thanks for that quick reply.

--josh
Old 4th September 2002, 13:47   #63  |  Link
gabest

A question. Were you trying it under xp with the VMR renderless mode checked in the options? If yes, try this build so that you open the dvd when the window is on the secondary monitor: http://vobsub.edensrising.com/get2.php/test.rar
Old 5th September 2002, 03:17   #64  |  Link
dopef1sh

no, I'm using Win2k (although I did download the test.rar anyway... still chugging, but I did not see a renderless mode in the options)

--josh
Old 7th September 2002, 17:56   #65  |  Link
Yusaku

I remembered the second suggestion:

Suppose you have this file structure
Code:
movie.avi

movie.English.ssa
movie.Hindi.ssa
movie.Uruguay.ssa

movie.Hindi.wav
movie.Uruguay.mp3
could you make a new entry in menu somewhere for fast switching languages, like subtitles are now?

I know that you have to rebuild graph, but just make it work as a shortcut to "open file" with that audio (thus rebuilding graph tree) and then seek to same timestamp.
Yusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2002, 07:56   #66  |  Link
gabest

When you switch the audio on the playlist, it stops the graph, removes/add the audio filters and reruns it at the last position. It turned out to be quite fast, so that's not a problem

But to make you happy I will try to link the names of the subtitle and the audio files somehow.

p.s. Yesterday when configuring my hard drive layout for raid, that stupid htp370 controller erased my partition with all my sources (I only included two drives for raid0 and it added the third too!). Fortunately I could recover it with this excellent prog: http://www.cgsecurity.org//index.html?testdisk.html. All other I found were only demo versions...
Old 8th September 2002, 09:00   #67  |  Link
Yusaku

Ad sources: whew! At least now you'll backup

Yeah, the playlist way works, but it is quite slow (to do it by mouse, not program response...). And on this computer, using non-VMR renderer and latest stable ffdshow (official milan's build), it does NOT seek in video after I load the .mp3 in playlist. It works from File>Open though (i.e. I load the .avi, open playlist, select .mp3 and it loads almost - not exactly, but close - synchronized audio + video. But then when I seek, video stops for ~5 seconds and then continues as if nothing happened, while audio seeks correctly; resulting in total desynchronization).

Bottom line: probably the only really compatible way is to throw the graph away and build a new one from scratch - it takes ~3 times as much time (about 1.5sec here), but works correctly.

Also it'd be nice if you could implement some weird keyboard shortcut for "next audio track", as in DVobSub (so that it's scriptable for remote control...)
Old 8th September 2002, 10:32   #68  |  Link
gabest

Hm, that's strange, I've never experienced any problem with switching the audio.
Old 23rd September 2002, 13:56   #69  |  Link
murattttt
kahveisteyen

Is there a way of doing this?

Hello Gabest
Great job, great player and what a small file size with MP Classic!
I just watch everything with that player now on.
When I burn my movies onto CD I used to place a MicroDVD (just was my favorite) and place an ini file that I mostly used for starting the movie in fullscreen.
Now I try for the same thing in MP Classic.
Is there a similar way of creating an ini file or sth. to put some parameters for it?
I'd just look forward to.
Thanks
murattttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2002, 18:10   #70  |  Link
Manao

Bug report :

I've just encoded a movie in an ogm, and MPC can't render graph ( Error message : Failed to render the file ), whereas Zoom Player and BSPlayer succeeded in. I've made several other movies, none have problem. But recently, two of them could not be rendered, another worked fine.

The ogm were created with oggDSF 0.9.9.3, subtitleDSF 1.3.3.0, and OggMux 0.9.2. ( 2 ogg vorbis soundtracks, 1 or 2 subtitles, chapters ). The video codec was Xvid. No error detected when muxing the files.

At this point, the file didn't render with MPC. I had to cut it in two part. I used the oggtools, and the files also didn't render.

I have Windows XP, service pack yet NOT installed, but WMP9 is.
Manao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2002, 10:21   #71  |  Link
xox

@gabest:
everytime i play a video file (any type), an error message comes up (see the attachment). the file will play just fine though...the message box just appears everytime i load/play a file. am using winxp pro (SP1 installed), no wmp.
xox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2002, 21:14   #72  |  Link
gabest

Next version out at http://vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc.php

Manao and xox, could you check again if these problems still exist with 6403.
Old 7th October 2002, 21:40   #73  |  Link
Manao

Thanks a lot, that's working

Edit :

Sorry, it seems I spoke to quickly : the ogm plays fine, but with the new ogg dsf by tobias ( 0.9.9.5 ), I can't access to the menu of the tray icone. Each time I click on it, nothing happen. It happen for all the video, even those which didn't have the problem with previous version of MPC. The strange thing is that at the opening of the clip, the player seems to try to open / close several times, quickly, the ogg filter ( which makes the tray icone to blink, and the icone in the task bar to appear disappear several times ). Then the clip plays, we can acces to the ogg filter with the menu of the player, but not by the tray icone. It doesn't happen with Zoom Player, so it should not be the filter. I didn't try with the previous version of the filter.

Last edited by Manao; 7th October 2002 at 22:13.
Manao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2002, 22:36   #74  |  Link
Pasqui

Hi Gabest !
Thanks a lot for this new release. I love your player. But I still have a problem while playing a 4:3 video file in VMR mode. The picture is completely wrong (mainly green with some purple shadows moving) while there is no problem with 16:9 movies. Is this a known issue ?

Best regards,

Pasqui.
Pasqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2002, 23:07   #75  |  Link
Yusaku

Bugreport: when trying to open secondary audio track (separate AVI and either MP3 or WAV file) it fails to open the audiotrack - even shows icon of crossed speaker.
Old 8th October 2002, 00:15   #76  |  Link
xox

@gabest:
nope, the problem still persists. the same error box still comes up, but the movies play fine.
Old 8th October 2002, 10:19   #77  |  Link
gabest

xox: I just typed a few words of that dialog's message into google and I found this. Update: Confirmed, I can reproduce this problem if the "DDE Message" box is not empty. Next time I will clear this box when registering a new file type

Yusaku: What filters are in the graph after opening? (you can connect graphedit to mpc)

Pasqui: What video card do you use? May be it can't do the yuv->rgb conversion correctly or something.

Manao: Lol, I made a stupid mistake in the source code. This has to be fixed finally. I will upload a new version as soon as my homepage gets back online.

Last edited by gabest; 8th October 2002 at 10:39.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2002, 11:34   #78  |  Link
Yusaku

Gabest: all audio filters except the audio renderer. Video is classic ffdshow(+DVobSub in case of normal renderer) way (both renderers tried)

MP3s:
source>MPEG-I Stream splitter>InterVideo Audio Decoder>empty output pin

WAVs: Source>WAVE parser>empty pin

It is empty no matter if I select DirectSound or WaveOut on tweaks tab

Soundcard is SB Live! so it should not have big compatibility problems
Old 8th October 2002, 11:44   #79  |  Link
gabest

Hm, I'll try those iviaudio filters.

Update: Could you send your iviaudio.ax to me? Mine doesn't want to decode any mp3

Last edited by gabest; 8th October 2002 at 11:54.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2002, 11:51   #80  |  Link
xox

@gabest:
thanks for the quick reply and the link. i was playing around with the dde and some other things with mpc and zoomplayer and i found out that when a type of media file is not registered in mpc and you attempt to open it by right click -> open with -> media player classic, the same error msg box will appear, but the movie will still play fine. that could be a problem for many people have more than one tyep of media player installed (like me ) and still want the option to choose other programs for whatever reason. the only solution i could come up with now is to register all types of media files you have with mpc, then right click -> open with -> 'whatever media player' on the file instead of the other way around...unless there's a better solution....

Tags
media player classic