Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2007, 22:21   #321  |  Link
CruNcher

@Casimir666
Eh im a little shocked but since when it's possible to display a OSD on the VMR9 Windowed Surface ? did i miss something your Slidebar is still active their when 3D fullscreen is on and DXVA is working (it's not showing in fullscreen till puting the mouse some pixels more down then the actuall Slidebar is located in a Window and then you can't use it @ all as it imidiately disappears if you put the mouse out of the bottom hotspot but it's displaying it on the Video Surface) shouldn't it be possible to display subtitles the same way also the jitter display and tearing test? this way subtitles should also work in VMR9 windowed this would make renderless uneeded (at least if you wan't fastest playback and no 3D Stuff with subtitles and full DXVA support) or am i a little behind the time and missed that subtitles also work on VMR9 windowed now ? (i never used subtitles you have to know :P)

PS: Sorry but this seemes like magic to me i might have to add that the OSD only is visible as long as the Video is Playing if you stop the Video the OSD is not working anymore but this is a great step i think anyways, also if the OSD can be destroyed very easily on VMR9 windowed @ the moment seems a little buggy still but hey it works knowing that subtitles where never possible on VMR9 windowed and you allways needed VMR9 renderless for this but your Slidebar is working and what should be the difference to display text instead of it

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 3rd June 2007 at 22:26.
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:22   #322  |  Link
Shinobu
Satsuki'S Softs Maker

thanks for all your work, i realy like the addons you've added to mpc (renderers part is cool).
but could you use the same reg key for mpc setting as all other mpc builds ? (i use several build of mpc for testings lots of settings and to have the same reg key for all is realy usefull)

thanks
---------------------

Salut gros montre orange (ben ouai "casimir" .... c'est vraiment prendre des risques ^^), merci pour tes petits addons que je trouve super surtout la partie des rendu (avr, d3d ...)
pourrrait tu par contre utiliser les meme clef de registre que toutes les autres version de mpc ? se serai vraiment un plus pour ceux qui testent pas mal d'options sur pas mal de versions de mpc.

merci

(ps:je pense aussi que le nom de mpc devrait etre mpc home cinema et que tu devrait mettre ton nom dans le about mais apres tout c'est ton taff et tu fait comme tu veux ^^)
Old 4th June 2007, 11:19   #323  |  Link
thuan

Can I turn off OSD in renderer that support it? As of now the OSD is too ugly for my taste, sorry.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:38   #324  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
thanks for all your work, i realy like the addons you've added to mpc (renderers part is cool).
but could you use the same reg key for mpc setting as all other mpc builds ? (i use several build of mpc for testings lots of settings and to have the same reg key for all is realy usefull)

thanks
---------------------

Salut gros montre orange (ben ouai "casimir" .... c'est vraiment prendre des risques ^^), merci pour tes petits addons que je trouve super surtout la partie des rendu (avr, d3d ...)
pourrrait tu par contre utiliser les meme clef de registre que toutes les autres version de mpc ? se serai vraiment un plus pour ceux qui testent pas mal d'options sur pas mal de versions de mpc.

merci

(ps:je pense aussi que le nom de mpc devrait etre mpc home cinema et que tu devrait mettre ton nom dans le about mais apres tout c'est ton taff et tu fait comme tu veux ^^)
In MPC options, just specify not to use .INI file
Old 4th June 2007, 13:56   #325  |  Link
Shinobu
Satsuki'S Softs Maker

if i don't use the ini file the reg string used are "Media Player Classic (Mod by Casimir666)" and not "Media Player Classic" ..... so the key aren't the same ^^

++
Old 4th June 2007, 14:24   #326  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
if i don't use the ini file the reg string used are "Media Player Classic (Mod by Casimir666)" and not "Media Player Classic" ..... so the key aren't the same ^^

++
oh, ok! thanks for the explanation!
Old 4th June 2007, 17:43   #327  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
@Casimir666
Eh im a little shocked but since when it's possible to display a OSD on the VMR9 Windowed Surface ? did i miss something
OSD use the interface IVMRMixerBitmap9, that's why it work with windowed VMR9 too With this interface you generate a bitmap, and VMR mixer put it above video.

Subtitle could possibly be displayed with IVMRMixerBitmap9, but definitivly not tearing test because you cannot be sure bitmap will be refreshed every frame.

Renderless modes are much more interesting that windowed mode because you control display parameters
Old 4th June 2007, 18:48   #328  |  Link
samab

Is there a way for MPC (Casimir666's 1.0.8.0 version) to differentiate a video+audio file (which I am going to be using the EVR custom presenter) and an audio only file (which I preferred to have a "normal" MPC UI showing file name, volume and time lapse).

If I use EVR custom presenter to play a audio mp3 file, the MPC UI would "freeze" (and I can only use the period key, the alt x, and control c to control the program).
Old 5th June 2007, 05:57   #329  |  Link
ShadowVlican

Casimir666, thanks for your work and solving the subtitle bug a while back (haven't checked the thread for a while)
Old 5th June 2007, 14:33   #330  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

@Casimir666

Sorry didn't test the build you sent me yet. Will do tonight.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:12   #331  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post
Is there a way for MPC (Casimir666's 1.0.8.0 version) to differentiate a video+audio file (which I am going to be using the EVR custom presenter) and an audio only file (which I preferred to have a "normal" MPC UI showing file name, volume and time lapse).

If I use EVR custom presenter to play a audio mp3 file, the MPC UI would "freeze" (and I can only use the period key, the alt x, and control c to control the program).
I agree, I find the same problem!
Old 5th June 2007, 22:22   #332  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirber View Post
@Casimir666

Sorry didn't test the build you sent me yet. Will do tonight.
Yes, same CPU impact and % with 1.0.8.2 and 1.0.8.0
Old 5th June 2007, 22:29   #333  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Yes, same CPU impact and % with 1.0.8.2 and 1.0.8.0

Will have to study DXVA documentation more... What colorspace are used mixer input and mixer output (Ctrl+j to show it)?
Old 6th June 2007, 00:23   #334  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Can someone provide link to latest build? I suppose it's v1.0.8.2...
Old 6th June 2007, 02:00   #335  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post

Will have to study DXVA documentation more... What colorspace are used mixer input and mixer output (Ctrl+j to show it)?
Mixer input: YV12
Mixer output: RGB32

If you need more infos or sources contact me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
Can someone provide link to latest build? I suppose it's v1.0.8.2...
If Casimir don't mind, I have it on my website.
Old 6th June 2007, 11:19   #336  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@Sirber

Got it! Thanks.

Also, in the player name you should only use "Media Player Classic Homecinema" without the version so for the people that uses settings via registry don't have to save them to ini before updating to keep them (I think that the registry settings key depends on the player's name).

Any changelog?

[EDIT]
During playback the title is "filename (depends on settings) - Media Player Classic Homecinema" without the version in front.
[EDIT/]

Last edited by Kado; 6th June 2007 at 11:38.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:34   #337  |  Link
chros

Is there any Pixel Shader 2.0 programming guide/tutorial/manual on the net which I can use in MPC? (I tried google, but nothing.)

Thanks
Old 6th June 2007, 16:15   #338  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Is there any Pixel Shader 2.0 programming guide/tutorial/manual on the net which I can use in MPC? (I tried google, but nothing.)
MSDN's DirectX section (especially the HLSL reference) might be a start...

That should be about the same documentation that you get when you install the full DirectX SDK...

np: Mouse On Mars - Send Me Shivers (Radical Connector)
Old 6th June 2007, 17:34   #339  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Mixer input: YV12
Mixer output: RGB32

If you need more infos or sources contact me
Ok so mixer have to convert colorspace, but not sure this explain CPU impact... I'll tell you if i have other test ideas
Old 6th June 2007, 19:13   #340  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
Ok so mixer have to convert colorspace, but not sure this explain CPU impact... I'll tell you if i have other test ideas
I'm using 10 EVR buffers, PS2.0 bicubic resize (-1).

I get the same cpu % using CoreAVC or Cyberlink in EVR Custom.

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc