Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th October 2007, 22:56   #61  |  Link
help

I know it won't reencode but it will use CCE when it's not necessary.

For example, if I want to backup the main movie and menu without compression aka 'No Compression (100% video)' DVD ReBuilder won't let me do that. It always use CCE even if know that main movie and menu will fit on a DVD5.
help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 23:23   #62  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Are you sure its not just doing a demux of the m2vs and a remux? This is done invisibly when stripping audio and subbie streams in editing packages. The process should be quite fast.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 18:25   #63  |  Link
samuelal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The redistribution gets completed relatively quickly (5 or 6 minutes) when you use a reasonably small sample size, so I didn't think it would be necessary to split it across CPUs... but I can certainly take a look at it.
Thank you very much, jdobbs for the answer on the multi-threaded redistribution process question.

Currently I use an AMD A64 X2 3800+ (2.0GHz stock), overclocked to 2.43GHz & 2GB RAM running at 486MHz DDR @ 1:1 ratio with the motherboard & a RAID setup for faster preperation/rebuilding times.

Using this setup & the default sample size, for a 105-120Mins movie takes me anywhere between 9-12 Minutes just to finish redistribution.

Faster, Core2Duo or even Core2Quads will finish this substantially faster, no doubt.

I'd really appreciate it if you could look into implementing the same threads detection-&-execution that's done on the encoding process, on the distribution as well.

Regards,

Samuel.
samuelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 23:22   #64  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

I agree. I have a similar setup to Samuel (except for less RAM and striped HDD) and it takes about 1 minute of preparation for every 10 minutes of video for me, too. I have it set to 10% with low threshold of 85%. A dual core preparation would cut time in half (or, better still, enable 20%).

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 29th October 2007 at 23:25.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 13:42   #65  |  Link
shoarthing
old

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelal View Post
Thank you very much, jdobbs . . . & a RAID setup for faster preperation/rebuilding times . . . .
. . Using this setup & the default sample size, for a 105-120Mins movie takes me anywhere between 9-12 Minutes just to finish redistribution.
(my emphasis) . . . what leads you to believe that simultaneously reading from/writing to a striped 'firmware RAID' array of 2x HDDs [if this is what you have] would be faster than reading from one HDD & writing to another, each on separate SATA channels?
shoarthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 21:49   #66  |  Link
odin24

DVD-RB first time user here... nice app and thanks. One question though, is it normal for the DVD5 output to be 2.5GB, or are there other options that I am missing?

Thanks again.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 22:16   #67  |  Link
jdobbs

Not at all. It should be consistently arount 4.32GB. The exception would be sources that are no full sized. Undersizing usually indicate that the encoder options are not configured properly. If you post your REBUILDER.INI file, I may be able to see what the issue is.
Old 14th February 2009, 23:20   #68  |  Link
odin24

I this what you're asking for?

Code:
Mode=1
OneClick=1
ReduceOpt=0
NoWarn=1
AdditionalOutput=1
LogFile=1
QuEncHQ=1
EncoderMinimized=1
RemoveDTS=1
HC_Quality=1
HC_Matrix=1
SkinVersion=12
AudioDub=1
QuEncodeType=0
iDCT=0
GOP=0
DCPrec=0
MainMatrix=Encoder Default
LowMatrix=Same as Main Feature
VLowMatrix=Same as Main Feature
ExtraMatrix=Same as Main Feature
ProCoder_Quality=4
DVD_Label=NO_SELECTION
DVD_Name=NO_SELECTION.ISO
MovieOnly=0
HalfD1=0
Convert_16_9=0
DisableInterlace=0
ConvertToYUY2=1
CCE=2
[Paths]
QuEnc=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\QuEnc\QuEnc.exe
ReJig=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\ReJig\ReJig.exe
HC=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\HC Encoder\HCbatch.EXE
FFMPEG=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\FFMpeg\ffmpeg.exe
CMDLINE=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\CMDLINE\mencoder.bat
ProCoder=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\EclPro\EclPro.exe
DECOMB=C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Decomb521.dll
NICAUDIO=C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\nicaudio.dll
MPEG2DEC=C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\DGDecode.dll
Working=C:\Videos\DVD-RB\WorkFlow\
Output=C:\Videos\DVD-RB\Output\
CCEBasic=C:\Program Files\Custom Technology\Cinema Craft Encoder Basic\cct2.exe
[Audio]
Selected=
[Subpictures]
Selected=
Old 14th February 2009, 23:34   #69  |  Link
jdobbs

Yes. I don't see anything unusual in there... was the source a commercial disc?
Old 14th February 2009, 23:43   #70  |  Link
odin24

Yup, 7.5GB
Old 15th February 2009, 00:42   #71  |  Link
jdobbs

Just to be sure... you're not using the trial version of CCE Basic are you? It has a limitation on the number of frames it will encode and would cause an undersize.

I've done close to 2000 movies in testing and I've never had an undersize like that...
Old 15th February 2009, 00:47   #72  |  Link
odin24

I'm not using a trial version. Limitation as in up to a certain frame, or randomly skip frames? The whole movie was processed and encoded.
Old 15th February 2009, 00:48   #73  |  Link
jdobbs

It will do a certain number of frames and then exit as if it had completed it all.

Was the source preprocessed, run through other software, or modified in any way?
Old 15th February 2009, 01:38   #74  |  Link
odin24

It was not preprocessed, just ripped to my PC.
Old 18th July 2010, 02:32   #75  |  Link
freewheeling

What do I do with the update zip for DVD Rebuilder Pro?

(I figure if I ask this enough I'll eventually get an answer. I tried searching the forum, but only irrelevant threads pop up, and there's nothing on the so-called "guide" about it, that I can see anyway.)
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 02:52   #76  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
What do I do with the update zip for DVD Rebuilder Pro?

(I figure if I ask this enough I'll eventually get an answer. I tried searching the forum, but only irrelevant threads pop up, and there's nothing on the so-called "guide" about it, that I can see anyway.)
I answered you in the other thread. Please be careful as cross posting can result in getting a strike. All you have to do is ask in one place -- you will get an answer.
Old 19th July 2010, 02:25   #77  |  Link
freewheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I answered you in the other thread. Please be careful as cross posting can result in getting a strike. All you have to do is ask in one place -- you will get an answer.
If you notice I deleted that other post, because it was in the wrong thread. Ah, well...

Look, I just checked the other thread and you never really answered the question. You just posted some stuff about how the updates weren't intended for noobs like me. I'm getting a little irked at your attitude, sir. I wonder if you'd be willing to refund my money for this product, since you can't even answer a simple question about it without copping an attitude. You have $40 of mine, and I'm the one who deserves to cop an attitude *because I still don't know what to do with the update zip*. It's been less than 30 days (actually less than a week), and I'd prefer to spend the money somewhere else.

(By the way, I never really cared who answered the question. Just thought it was odd that you wouldn't at least put a one sentence "readme" file in the zip, indicating what to do with the updates. This thread is supposedly about a FAQ. Well...?)

Last edited by freewheeling; 19th July 2010 at 03:06.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:25   #78  |  Link
Rippraff

The update.zip is meant for experienced users who have the very previous version of RB already installed. It contains only updated files compared to the version before (plus some basic files).

If you're new to RB always use the installer version! This is the author's recommendation.

Cu Rippraff

Last edited by Guest; 19th July 2010 at 11:35. Reason: remove OT content
Rippraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 11:40   #79  |  Link

Seems to me freewheeling has the previous version installed and he's asking the simple question of HOW to apply the update files from the ZIP. Seems like a reasonable question. jdobbs did say this in the other thread:

"With the zip you can just replace the existing files in the DVD-RB directory."

It just means one simply uncompresses the ZIP onto the correct path. Do you know how to do that, freewheeling? It's a common operation with ZIP files.

Last edited by Guest; 19th July 2010 at 11:43.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 15:02   #80  |  Link
freewheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Seems to me freewheeling has the previous version installed and he's asking the simple question of HOW to apply the update files from the ZIP. Seems like a reasonable question. jdobbs did say this in the other thread:

"With the zip you can just replace the existing files in the DVD-RB directory."

It just means one simply uncompresses the ZIP onto the correct path. Do you know how to do that, freewheeling? It's a common operation with ZIP files.
Thanks for the response... FINALLY. Yes it is, but I didn't see that response from Mr. Dobbs (perhaps it was further down the line in that very long thread, but I thought I'd read it all the way to the end) and it's something I'd like to ensure with the software provider before actually doing it. Some installations deliberately steer clear of the program files folder because of the "virtual" way Win 7 treats installations. (Not a bad idea, actually.) Since it's information that doesn't actually seem to be provided anywhere else, it might be a good thing to put in a faq, if not in a short readme file in the zip itself. Might have saved a lot of aggravation.

BTW, part if this was that the default "skin" on the program wasn't playing correctly (with progress indicators overlapping and other elements not visible) and it gave me the impression that something was wrong with the installation. I changed to one of the other skins and it seemed to work better.

Last edited by freewheeling; 19th July 2010 at 15:12.